what paint u use to paint the carpet of ur floor and is it worth it?? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what paint u use to paint the carpet of ur floor and is it worth it??
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:49 AM
hi can anyone one help me i starting to change color of my interior i have apc racing seats in it rite now but taking it out cause uncomfortable and putting my stock seats and reupolishing them and wanna find cheap and nice way changing the carpet inside gettin a new one is there a good and nice paint out there u can paint ur interior floor carpet with please let me know thnx. email me at grandmastersaxay@hotmail.com.

Re: what paint u use to paint the carpet of ur floor and is it worth it??
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:23 AM
You can get the duplicolour carpet and vinyl paint...

It comes in black (and some other colours like white etc IIRC) if that was what you were looking to do...

It works good, stinks at first so i recommend taking the carpet out of the car.

I did mine and have not noticed any rub off or anything...

Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:43 AM
Yeah, that particular duplicolor product is more of a dye than a paint, which is exactly what you're looking for.

I've used it on vinyl, and love it, now if i can just find the can, I've got some interior to get to.

-------

I don't practice what I preach, because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to.
Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:48 AM
I think it is garbage, I bought a cav that the owner did it in about 2 years ago. Rubs off easy and is just tacky looking.

Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:49 AM

Friday, May 01, 2009 2:44 AM
something tells me he just did a horrid job, its on the center console plastic, and not too mention his/your car being dirty as hell cant help wipe ur boots before gettin in the car bro!!! lol
Friday, May 01, 2009 3:31 AM
it was a daily driver for a guy with 3 kids and lives on dirt roads, I think he lost motivation to keep it clean a while ago. I forget the name of the interior shop he worked at, but yes, it was a bad job. I bought it as a donor car for my manual swap on the 96. It is a shell sitting in my lot now.

Just personally, I wouldn't paint the carpet. I have seen even good jobs fade and rubout over time.

Friday, May 01, 2009 4:41 AM
Just replace it for about 170 bucks you can get just about any color you want. If you still want to go the paint route there is a fabric paint called Simply Spray it has a few colors to choose from and i think its about 12 to 14 bucks a can, check with an upolstery shop they could tell you what works best.

Friday, May 01, 2009 7:30 AM
Mike (96RedCav) wrote:I think it is garbage, I bought a cav that the owner did it in about 2 years ago. Rubs off easy and is just tacky looking.

Link

looks to me like a rushed job, and it doesnt even look like the carpet was painted black..

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:40 PM
Not black, it was painted a light blue. The only black is those floormats. Original carpet color was tan.

I just don't care for the carpet paint. I would buy a new carpet IMO.

Friday, August 07, 2009 8:37 AM
wow that does look like garbage,but if done correctly would this work on the "carpet" of the ceiling,i want it to be black because the tan is hideous?

Friday, August 07, 2009 6:49 PM
I suggest new carpeting for the flooring.
The headliner, I say wrap it with a new fabric as opposed to painting it.

Both methods will be more worth your while.

Friday, August 07, 2009 6:52 PM
the carpet i'm not worried about,it still looks ok as abused as it is,it's the headliner that drives me crazy,i'm not sure y gm decided to put tan headliner in an almost all black interior but they did,and i need it gone,it's terrible,lol.so what type of new material would you recommend,and go over old or tear old down?

Sunday, August 09, 2009 9:08 AM
you would want to take the old stuff off first, but i would try the paint stuff and see how it works out, i think it would work pretty good on the headliner since it doesn't see as much action like a carpet does. And hell if it doesn't work/look good just recover it with fabric, you'd only be out 15 bux or so

Monday, August 10, 2009 2:31 PM
most car companies do lighter headliners because lighter colors make it appear to be larger. where as dark colors make things seem smaller then what they are. when you selling econemy cars you want them to appear as large as you can.

as for the headliner you can do whatever works for you. suede, vynal leather, tweed, furry carpet. just find one you like. leave the stock stuff on. that stuff is on there and your problaby not going to get it off without possibly damaging the base or having clumps left over. dont really know of anyone that has taken the material off to do it. most materials unless your talking leather or like alcantara suede are so cheap its best to just rewrap it versus using the paint stuff. i mean if your going to do the job do it right. if you dont care how it looks then no need ind doign it at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, August 21, 2009 12:07 AM
I've seen people with the vinyl as the headliner and it looks good. It just depends on your taste as to what you like. Also, as a side note, if you have a good sound system in your car, I'd try some sound deadning stuff while you have the liner off.
Friday, August 21, 2009 6:00 AM
nope,sony speakers and soon to be sony headunit,not really all that great imo,but better than stock,i don't think i want the vinyl,i'm thinkin possibly microsuede now.

Friday, August 21, 2009 8:34 AM
I actually have black carpet sitting in my basement i have be debating selling

Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:23 PM
crushed velvet

(old pic, much has changed since, but the headliner remains)

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Friday, October 02, 2009 2:01 PM
TWEED!! Lol, love the stuff...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search