trunk leak - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trunk leak
Friday, November 12, 2010 12:03 PM
I've had a leak in my trunk all summer. At first i thought is was the typical j leak through the trunk vent so I sealed it up and figured that was the end of it. My car has been parked for about a month now. I opened the trunk the other day after some rain and noticed a puddle in the spare tire area. Judging by the spots that were wet it fell from the trunk lid on the right side and ran down to the spare area. It doesn't look like it came from the tails like others have mentioned. This pretty much narrows it down to the weatherstripping right? Has anybody else had this issue? Can I order one from the parts store or is it a gm mucho expensive part?

Re: trunk leak
Friday, November 12, 2010 12:20 PM
i had a similar leak with my first cav. pull your tail lights and trunk carpet. them look for the leak, if its been leaking all summer you should see a brownish streak, because of the mineral deposits in the rain. use a silicon caulk and seal the seam above and below the leak. remember water is tricky and will run where ever it can, so look all over. chances are its along the drain channel around the trunk opening, good luck.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:37 AM
I have the same problem and it's thru the tail lights screws so put some silicone and that should help
Monday, November 15, 2010 2:30 PM
thanks for the help guys. I'm pretty sure its leaking from the drain channel, so I'm going to silicone the strip. I'm just going to do the tails at the same time just in case.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search