dome\mirror lights - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dome\mirror lights
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:36 AM
hey, i'm wondering if all 00-02 cavy's have the means in place to have the rearview mirror with the lights in it or is it model specific, i dont like the tiny small mirror in my sedan and i wanted to switch out the one in the sedan for the one on the cavfire, which comes with the map lights, what i want to know is would it be plug and play or is there some amount of wiring involved, i also have the dome light that has the 3 bulbs in it with the buttons in the headliner.

any thoughts on how to do it/wire it up if needed?

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Re: dome\mirror lights
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:37 AM
It will fit and as far as wiring it up,You will need the harness for the new rear veiw with lights,Then just pop down you factory dome light...You will see a white and a orange wire,And from the mirrior you will have 3 wires white,org,black...so just splice the white and orange together,Then you will need to run the black wire from the mirrior to a ground in the car..thats it and enjoy your new mirrior..
Friday, January 28, 2011 8:52 AM
Woot.

Friday, January 28, 2011 12:54 PM
Jason Burten wrote:It will fit and as far as wiring it up,You will need the harness for the new rear veiw with lights,Then just pop down you factory dome light...You will see a white and a orange wire,And from the mirrior you will have 3 wires white,org,black...so just splice the white and orange together,Then you will need to run the black wire from the mirrior to a ground in the car..thats it and enjoy your new mirrior..

if thats right...its great info and very well put.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:54 AM
Jason Burten wrote:It will fit and as far as wiring it up,You will need the harness for the new rear veiw with lights,Then just pop down you factory dome light...You will see a white and a orange wire,And from the mirrior you will have 3 wires white,org,black...so just splice the white and orange together,Then you will need to run the black wire from the mirrior to a ground in the car..thats it and enjoy your new mirrior..

That is correct. Only difference is I spliced in underneath the driver side A pillar and tucked the wires in between the windshield and headliner

Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:23 AM
you can still tuck it with no issues,As I did on my 97 cavy
Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:01 PM
i cant for the life of me get the dome cover off, i get the pointed bit out but i cant get the 2 prongs at the wider end out... wtf

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Monday, February 14, 2011 9:22 AM
Steve-O (now with ecotec) wrote:i cant for the life of me get the dome cover off, i get the pointed bit out but i cant get the 2 prongs at the wider end out... wtf

You are making this harder than it needs to be. Stop playing with your light cover. Go to the a-pillar and splice and tuck there. No need to drop the headliner and no need to remove the alien from our roof. Hehe. I have the lighted mirror out of a Camaro in my sunfire and it took me less than 10 minutes to install including heatshrink and solder on my splices.

----

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:45 AM
Yes you can go to the drives side piller also..Easy at that point.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search