HVAC lights - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC lights
Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:16 PM
Ok, so one of my HVAC lights were out, so I pulled out the HVac to look at it and I lokked at the bulbs and neither one seemed burned out. So I just put it back in and now neither of them work. I checked all of the fuses and connections and everything is good. Do you think that bulb jsut happened to burn out when i had the panel out? Also, which wire for the bulbs is positive?

Re: HVAC lights
Saturday, February 26, 2005 2:21 PM
mine has done the same thing.. im thinking of running a new power wire to it so that i dont have to hope for the original connection to work...

Memeber since 4/2002
Premium since 1/2005
jeep wrangler hard top for sale.. 97-up.. rear defroster and smoked glass.. $1000 or best offer.. e-mail for more info
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:11 PM
i tried taking my bulbs out but couldnt get them out (dont know how) and now one of them doesnt work
Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:04 AM
I believe there are a yellow and a grey wire in the back of the HVAC, leading to the bulbs. The yellow is the hot wire.

- Interior FAQ -
J-Body of Michigan -
Sunday, February 27, 2005 9:45 AM
Ok, thanks guys, I think I'm just gonna wire in some led's.

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:02 AM
the gray pieces that come off have to click back in after you put the bulbs in...also, if they don't work with that back on...take the bulb out and rotate it 180 degrees...i highly recommend led's tho...put the blue led's in mine...beautiful

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:35 PM
I was installing my car pc and when I was done the hvac lights didn't work anymore. My dash lights still work fine, but just the heater lights don't work.. I have looked at the bulbs and they look fine, I'm reading 12 volts across the yellow and grey wires there, but yet neither light lights up... I can't imagine both would have blown at the same time, and I never touched the wires for that when working... any ideas? I figure it wouldn't be a fuse cause the gauge lights still work.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 7:49 PM
Ok...I'm gonna threadjack just a little bit:

How do you get the damned bulbs out of their sockets without busting them anyways?? Is there some sort of Jedi mind-trick or secret technique to get those bastards out?

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:51 PM
trent - mine didn't look burned out either, but they could be, so replace them anyways

kreepyguy - i put a piece of duct tape around the bulb and pulled really hard. One came out and the other one i had to fight with for a while.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search