RELOCATE CLIMATE CONTROL - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RELOCATE CLIMATE CONTROL
Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:47 PM
Hey Im planing on putting an 7inch monitor in the dash, and need to relocate my climate control either under the screen like in the newer cavaliers, I have a 96, or in the glove box. I know many people is going to say just take it out and put it there, but the problem is that the cables that goes into theclimate control are really short and weird.
Please anyone that know how to do this, explain me
THANKS

Re: RELOCATE CLIMATE CONTROL
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:40 PM
i have a 97 and i am moving my climate control to the glove box, my cables are plenty long enough, if you take the whole dash out, everything except for the metal frame that is, it should work fine there, try takin the dash out and see, it dont take that long, hope this helps, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:35 PM
Yo don't have to take the whole metal frame out. Relocating it is not hard at all. When I did mine all I did was take the top of the dash off, remove the passenger air bag and vent. Then I cut a hole in top of the glove box, took the controls apart from the HVAC and ran them into the glovebox. Then just make something to fit the front of the glovebox and hold the HVAC in place. Thats the shortened version of how to do it. If you need any help feel free to email me.
CustomSilence ,
Guess I won't be the only guy in Morehead with that done anymore.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, December 08, 2008 2:56 PM
what would be needed if i wanted to relocate the climate controls to the center console?

Looking for these parts for a 2000 Cavalier
Radio Bezel
Lower Dash
Upper Dash
Door Panels for a 2 door
Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:45 AM
Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:14 PM
has anyone confirmed the length of the brake cable to work?

Friday, January 02, 2009 4:35 PM
bump any one have more info or pics on this
Friday, January 02, 2009 5:53 PM
I moved my HVAC down, like you're saying from '95 to '00 location and the cable was BARELY long enough. Moveing to the glovebox gives you a ton of slack.

Make sure you don't break the plastic "sheath" around the cable or you'll have major headaches to look forward to.

Friday, January 02, 2009 6:18 PM
anyone have a walk through or pics of this done?

I tried to search a bit when i had seen this but didnt really come up with much...I coulda been using the wrong key words for all i know but i tried..lol..

right now my set up had the dashpad,vents,hvac then my head unit.. was thinking of moving the hvac and making space for stuff in that dash area for maybe my phone,ipod or laptop..lol..who knows.. im just bored..

Friday, January 02, 2009 6:36 PM
I can give you a walk through I suppose, pictures would be a giant pain.

Remove dash, blah blah.
Unscrew 2 (3?) 7mm HVAC screws.

Pull HVAC out to reveal:
an electrical plug on the left
a rotary gearbox thingy for the temperature controls in the center
a vaccum plug on the right, and an electric plug above it for direction control.
A plug on the far right for the AC and Defrost, if applicable.

All of the plugs are self expanatory, pull/squeeze clips and pull plugs off.

For the temperature cable there will be a piece of plastic over the cable that's inside the gearbox thingy.

I apologise if this picture makes no sense

The green is the cable, The red is a pick tool.

You need to pry up the tabs on either side of the cable, then slide the plastic out of the gearbox.

Turn the heater knob until the tip of the cable is exposed.

Then, on the BOTTOM side of the gearbox thingy, there is another clip, stick a pick in and push it to the side and you should be able to lift the cable straight UP. (If you're looking at the face of the knobs.

Move around.
Install is reverse of removal.

Yeah, probably confusing as hell but its a guide right?

Friday, January 02, 2009 7:05 PM
Made perfect sense actually.. Im hitting the junkyard tomarrow so ill be able to try pulling a few there first with no worry of destroying my own(trial and error) as for the pic ,makes sense as well.. I can look in the manuals that came with the car when I got it for the dismantleing part, was just currious if any pics of the relocate existed, would have liked to see the results...

thanks for the help..

Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:49 AM
Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:27 PM
Guisseppe - StereoDago wrote:Better
Audio & Electronics: How To Relocating HVAC Controls

nice little walk through.. never really considered putting it there but neet idea...

thanks..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search