Radar Detector - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Radar Detector
Friday, February 03, 2006 5:36 AM
just wanting to see pics of where everyone else has there radar detectors... i dont really like them on the window i think they look trashy. anyone?

JBO'S Mr. 64.....

Re: Radar Detector
Friday, February 03, 2006 6:31 AM
No digital camera, but if you can picture it, I actually mounted mine on the top of the rearview mirror. I then ran a hard wire above the headliner, down the a-pillar to the fuse box. Nice and sneaky and from the outside of the car you'd never know it's there.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Friday, February 03, 2006 6:38 AM
^^how did you mount it to the top of the rearview mirror. what did you use to make it stick?

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Friday, February 03, 2006 8:59 AM
i can remember where i saw how to on doing this somewhere I thought it was n-body.net but im not so sure about that.

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:09 AM
i mounted mine right where every1 else does...honestly, for the number of times that things saved me...i could care less what it looks like

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Friday, February 03, 2006 9:10 AM
here is the info about it Radar Deterctor

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:16 AM
I think I did mine the same way as Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer). I just used the standard suction cup bracket to mount the detector right above my rear view on the drivers side, then ran power through the headliner, down the A-pillar into the fuse box. I love it, it works great turns on/off with the ignition and like he said it keeps it nicely tucked away with no visible wires

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where
they're going and hook up with them later." RIP Mitch Hedberg
Friday, February 03, 2006 10:03 AM
My detector is mounted all the way to the left of the front windshield. Its held on by two suction cups. The wire is then looped down on the side of the dash, to under the dash, and the wire comes through under the steering wheel to get plugged in to the cig lighter. Whens its plugged in, all you see is that wire, and it leading under the steering column. Thats about it, lol.

Then again, my detector is a 360 degree laser scanner, so it can be positioned generally anywhere in the car. Some scanners you have to have them in the middle or somewhere where it can "scan".
Friday, February 03, 2006 11:19 AM
here's mine

old pic but its still in the same spot

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:29 AM
^^does your visor come down very well there?

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Friday, February 03, 2006 11:35 AM
it comes down fine, u just cant see the display when its down, but its ok cause its loud as hell i hear it.

Friday, February 03, 2006 12:35 PM
If you want, you can always buy the hidden ones, they go for arounf $1400 installed.

I dont use a radar detector. I find the easiest and cheapest way to not get caught speeding, is to NOT speed.

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:02 PM
^^^ thank you El Fuego
AKA

but i guess its hard to argue with good logic...

JBO'S Mr. 64.....
Friday, February 03, 2006 1:24 PM
Well, given the obvious answer is to not speed, but I'd like to have a general idea when there are speed traps or when cops are active, hence I have one.
Friday, February 03, 2006 4:08 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Well, given the obvious answer is to not speed, but I'd like to have a general idea when there are speed traps or when cops are active, hence I have one.

Sorry to be capt obvious again, but if you dont speed, you wont have to worry about speed traps or when they are active.

You know you can Legally go the speed of traffic, Which as for NY, is 78 mph though the speed limit is 55 mph. Just dont swerve in and out of traffic, no Drafting, and use proper signals, and you will be fine.

Friday, February 03, 2006 6:26 PM
^^^^ WOW, that wouldnt fly in NC. tried that excuse after getting pulled. it was legitmate, i was simply following the flow of traffic...but of course, lowered, with graphics, wheels, and exhaust didnt help me, either. got a ticket for going something like 10 over...55 in a 45, just following someone.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Friday, February 03, 2006 6:34 PM
i would use one but cant VA SUCKS lol but i put mine in the mid of the windshield on the top of the dash just a little but over the windshield wipers...

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:39 AM
This is mostly to the people who say dont speed etc.

I have never gotten a speeding ticket because I rarely speed, but have been pulled over numerous times for some random thing such as tint, no front plate, any number of reasons based on the looks of the car.

I have a radar detector so I can know when there are cops around, and can roll down my windows in advance.

I had a cop turn around on a divided interstate and then speed at like 90+ mph to catch up to me since he had to merge into traffic going 70 mph, just to give me a ticket for my windows before i had a radar detector.

If i ever think I am going to get pulled over I yank it all down and hide it under the seat or something just so they dont assume I was speeding etc

http://www.aplusperformance.com
http://www.modified-motorsports.com
Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:17 AM
I love the people that respond with the nazi-style don't speed sayings . . . People in this forum act like they NEVER do anything wrong, and that everyone here is a bunch of suzi-homemakers . . .
Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:24 PM
wow i laugh when i see people mount them at the top of there dumb mirror.. have you guys ever read the instruction booklet to these it says "IT SHOULD BE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE" not at the highest point of the car.

El Fuego ( the unstable ) wrote:
Exodus 259 wrote:Well, given the obvious answer is to not speed, but I'd like to have a general idea when there are speed traps or when cops are active, hence I have one.

Sorry to be capt obvious again, but if you dont speed, you wont have to worry about speed traps or when they are active.

You know you can Legally go the speed of traffic, Which as for NY, is 78 mph though the speed limit is 55 mph. Just dont swerve in and out of traffic, no Drafting, and use proper signals, and you will be fine.

i would love for you to be going 30miles over the speed limit n tell a cop i was going with the flow of traffic. You have to be a moron. If your following 5 white mini vans going 90 and your going 85 chances are your still gonna get pulled over. Anyway in no way is it LEGAL. Its called a LIMIT for a reason. If you could LEGALLY go with the flow it would say SPEED APX 55 .. lol

Saturday, February 04, 2006 2:09 PM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:wow i laugh when i see people mount them at the top of there dumb mirror.. have you guys ever read the instruction booklet to these it says "IT SHOULD BE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE" not at the highest point of the car.

just reread my booklet it says nothing of the sort. all it states is on the front windshield with an unobstructed view. also i dont speed unless im on the highway, in town i slow it down so they dont snap there necks tryin to check out the whip

Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:38 PM
in my booket is says something along the sorts of it should be mounted lower as it will provide a more accurate reading because the radar points around the licnse plat area who knows.. but anything seems moe logical then on top of the visor

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:31 PM
if you dont like them in the window ... hide it like i did. I could take a picture of my headliner on were it is and you wouldn't even know... its hiden under neatehr the headliner and right up snug to the window! I had to modify the headliner a little bit but you can see it unless your out side the car and then its still hard to see.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:50 PM
I like how people claim cops will nail you for going with the flow. Over by me, the flow on I-294 runs about 70-90mph. I had a State Tropper blow past me when I was going 82mph, and he looked over at me, shook his head and continued going . . . So don't sit there and act like speeding and going with the flow is the most evil of crimes.
Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:07 PM
i was doin 87 on the highway a couple weeks back..speed limit is 65..had radar on the whole nine yards..passed a state trooper who didnt have his radar on..he flashed his blues 4 times n pulled out after me but didnt end up pullin me over..correct me if im wrong but- radar and laser are the only ways they have of tellin EXACTLY how fast ur goin correct? cause my detector detects both

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search