seat brackets - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
seat brackets
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:50 AM
ok i ordered a set of racing seat adaptors and the guy at the shop keeps telling me that we have to go and fabricate all of it to fit to my racing seat sliders
i gave this guy 175 bux to buy them and they are sparco adapters
shouldnt they just bolt right up to the stock bolts and my slider rails?
anyways im here all day and ill be checking up on this
thanx in advance for any comments

Re: seat brackets
Monday, February 20, 2006 9:39 AM
This has been posted a lot, lol

There is no "for sale" seat brackets for our cars. You have to get them custom made. Doesn't really matter which seat company you go through. I know there is one site who does seat brackets called wedgeengineering or something like that, but they want almost $80 for each bracket. Your best bet is to find an org member around here that makes them, or come up with something yourself. There is a lot of sites out there that have a bunch of creative ways to work up seat brackets for our cars.

If you want, if you have AIM, message the user :Section8Cav . He was the one who was making custom seat brackets for people around here, and he could work some up for you for a good price. You'll just need to give him your measurements, but he'll tell you what he needs when you contact him.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:37 AM
well ive paid like 175 bux for these other ones
and i dont know how i can send them back
this effin sux
wtf

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:39 AM
E-Mail or call the company and say they don't work for your seats and you should be able to get a refund.

but yea, like I said, instant message that guy Section8Cav. He is the one who made mine and a few other peoples brackets around here, and I havn't read any complaints. Alos, he charged me $75 for the both of mine shipped, and they work perfect.
Monday, February 20, 2006 11:40 AM
Exodus 259 wrote:This has been posted a lot, lol

There is no "for sale" seat brackets for our cars. You have to get them custom made. Doesn't really matter which seat company you go through.

thats not true. theres certain seat companies that make brackets for their seats to fit our cars

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:41 AM
^^^ ---- i.e. tenzo makes them for their seats for our cars.

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:02 PM
well i have nex tech's
so that doesnt work im so effin stressed and i have so many things to do from now till
april 1st so this is messed up i have to get my windows tinted and have the car lowered, painted, rims, exhaust .........etc. i dont have time to mess with these seats

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:26 PM
kurt johnson wrote: i have to get my windows tinted and have the car lowered, painted, rims, exhaust .........etc. i dont have time to mess with these seats

::cough:: and remove vinyl flames off side of car ::cough::

By any chance, do you have a picture of the bottom of your seats? I put a set of 2004 Grand Prix GT seats in my car, and the seats almost bolted right into a stock set of sliders (for the J) I bet you could use stock sliders and mount these seats on them by using some sort of adapter plate. Not that hard, really. Wish you were closer to N.Y.--would love to help.

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:39 PM
i want to see GA seats in your fire!

pics now!

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Monday, February 20, 2006 12:52 PM
Procarparts.com has seat adapters for otto-r racing seats and Wedge engineering makes brackets for different brand seats. So, there IS people that sell brackets for our cars.
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:45 PM
Lol... Yes sir!!! And they are MUCH darker in person.

Monday, February 20, 2006 2:01 PM
Quote:

So, there IS people that sell brackets for our cars.

its not that companys actually make brackets for our cars ..its seat companys that make brackets for their seats...so if you dont have the same brand seat as the bracket you buy it probably wont work..now theres the rare accurance that it will..but personally its not something i wanna chance

Monday, February 20, 2006 4:16 PM
Well Tenzo makes brackets for their seats, and so does Wedge Engineering. Wedge Engineering costs damn near $100 for a bracket. Kinda ridiculous when making your own brackets isn't exactly that hard.

Hey Agent, those brackets you have look kickass. Damn near stock, lol. how much did that run?
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:25 PM
Agent Omega wrote:
kurt johnson wrote: i have to get my windows tinted and have the car lowered, painted, rims, exhaust .........etc. i dont have time to mess with these seats

::cough:: and remove vinyl flames off side of car ::cough::

By any chance, do you have a picture of the bottom of your seats? I put a set of 2004 Grand Prix GT seats in my car, and the seats almost bolted right into a stock set of sliders (for the J) I bet you could use stock sliders and mount these seats on them by using some sort of adapter plate. Not that hard, really. Wish you were closer to N.Y.--would love to help.

they have been gone for like 3 months omg
i get flamed all the time for those damn flames

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:24 PM
Well if you didn't get flamed, would you have taken them off? It's tough (.org) love, brotha!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:00 AM
Thank god you did take them off.

Regardless, sned the one brackets back Kurt...I can make you a set of apater plates for your seats if you bring the car down or something and you can then use your stock brackets...then you wont have anything to worry about.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:03 AM
kurt johnson wrote: have so many things to do from now till
april 1st so this is messed up i have to get my windows tinted and have the car lowered, painted, rims, exhaust .........etc. i dont have time to mess with these seats

most of that stuff can be done in 3 days. you can lower and do the rims one day, get the exhaust done the next day and then drop it off to be tinted. the longest part is gonna get it painted.

if i were you, id just make my own brackets for the seats. its so much easier

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:11 AM
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:12 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]
kurt johnson wrote: have so many things to do from now till

most of that stuff can be done in 3 days. you can lower and do the rims one day, get the exhaust done the next day and then drop it off to be tinted. the longest part is gonna get it painted.

if i were you, id just make my own brackets for the seats. its so much easier

agreed. rims and suspension should take about 2 hours or so. give or take about 30 minutes. tint can be done in around an hour by a professional. paint is the only thing that would take any significant ammt of time

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:41 PM
STLWACO (Mike S) wrote:Double post ( http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=69581&t=69581 ) = bad

link works now

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:37 PM
yeah i accidentally hit back and did it again
lol
srry i wish i could delete it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search