roll cage, improved saftey? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
roll cage, improved saftey?
Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:17 PM
i was looking at the roll cage that Jason at A+ has. it looks like its pretty solid, if its mounted correctly.

seeing as the cavalier has a pretty good roll over rating im not really looking at it for a roll over. im really looking at the one with the horizontal cross brace. the side impact in the cavaliers is pretty poor. but it looks like the cross brace world help protect you if you where hit in the side. at the very least it would help keep the post away from you head and shoulders if your hit really hard.

seeing some on the side hit cars at work im thinking anything that could add even a little more protection would be well worth the money.

what do you guys think of this idea? it seems pretty good to me.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg

Re: roll cage, improved saftey?
Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:28 PM
can someone move this to interior? clearly i cant read where im posting

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:31 PM
I'm thinking you don't have a choice in the matter from A+, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think one is specifically made for convertible cavies and the other one is made for coupes

Saturday, November 18, 2006 6:32 PM
This is what I made after putting my seats and belts in .

Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:34 PM
how did you make that?

"HONDA" tech wana-be

http://www.gadomestics.com/
Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:55 PM
J-TECH tuner wrote:how did you make that?

first in my head then went out to my garage and cut /bent /weleded the pipe and painted then installed it

Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:21 PM
Quote:

I'm thinking you don't have a choice in the matter from A+, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think one is specifically made for convertible cavies and the other one is made for coupes

yep im looking at the one for the coupes. it has the cross brace running across behind the seats.

Quote:

This is what I made after putting my seats and belts in .

that looks really good man. is it bolted to the upper and lower seat belt mounts?
i might have to think about building one for my car.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:53 PM
yes it mounts to the stock holes for the seatbelt holes

Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:54 PM
Robert that looks really good man, props on the work... but i would only use that for show. i mean imagen this, if you do roll over ur heads goin to get crushed dude. that roofs goin to come right down on ur head cuz theres nothing there to prevent it from crushin and you wont be able to get out of the way cuz ur straped into ur seat, unless you got some quick reaction time. Mad props on the work tho i like that alot if it was for show purpose only. Another is tho no ones goin to able to use ur back seat. Doesn't really matter to much tho.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:56 PM
o and forgot to say the post right below this thats called "what do you all think of this" is about roll bars too. 130 bucks for one on jegs for a cavi.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 11:37 PM
Ryan Shissler wrote:Robert that looks really good man, props on the work... but i would only use that for show. i mean imagen this, if you do roll over ur heads goin to get crushed dude. that roofs goin to come right down on ur head cuz theres nothing there to prevent it from crushin and you wont be able to get out of the way cuz ur straped into ur seat, unless you got some quick reaction time. Mad props on the work tho i like that alot if it was for show purpose only. Another is tho no ones goin to able to use ur back seat. Doesn't really matter to much tho.

This makes no sense to me, either way, with or without a rollcage you're roof would come down if you rolled it, only it won't come down as much with the rollcage there, I don't see what you're seeing apparently and people can still sit in the back seat, they just have to go under the bar to get in.

BTW robert, can you make me one of those? lol

Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:00 AM
yes the roof will come down either way but it will only come down what inch or 2 with a rollcage, without a roll cage that roof is comin down like 4-6" and possibly right on ur head.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:15 AM
Lance Sharpe wrote:
Ryan Shissler wrote:Robert that looks really good man, props on the work... but i would only use that for show. i mean imagen this, if you do roll over ur heads goin to get crushed dude. that roofs goin to come right down on ur head cuz theres nothing there to prevent it from crushin and you wont be able to get out of the way cuz ur straped into ur seat, unless you got some quick reaction time. Mad props on the work tho i like that alot if it was for show purpose only. Another is tho no ones goin to able to use ur back seat. Doesn't really matter to much tho.

This makes no sense to me, either way, with or without a rollcage you're roof would come down if you rolled it, only it won't come down as much with the rollcage there, I don't see what you're seeing apparently and people can still sit in the back seat, they just have to go under the bar to get in.

BTW robert, can you make me one of those? lol

I think what he ment to say was with stock shoulder belts you will get tossed into the middle of the car with the harness it will keep ya sitting straight up and you will end up getting crushed. There is a reason they make roll cages and a reason why the places that sell jsut the harness bars say for off road use only.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 5:56 AM
Ahhh, okay, I get what you're saying about the seatbelts now. Thought he was referring to rollcages only.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:15 AM
Lance Sharpe wrote:Ahhh, okay, I get what you're saying about the seatbelts now. Thought he was referring to rollcages only.

Think he just has it mixed up but i'm pretty sure thats what he was meaning since that is the real issue with safety,

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 7:27 PM
yea lol i completely forgot to state that in my post.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search