2003 sunfire Heater control panel help.. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 sunfire Heater control panel help..
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:53 PM
Hey guys, I searched the forum a bit and couldn't find anything that would help me with this, found some topics that relate, but nothing that helped me.

I just picked up a 2003 sunfire.. runs good so far, was a little low on coolant so I topped that up with the correct coolant. and I've been watching it the last few days, and so far, so good.

I ran into a problem today when I went to turn my defrost on.. only my vents work for heat/cold air. doesn't change to the floor, floor/vents, defrost..

so I took apart the dash, unscrewed the heater control panel and started pulling wires to make sure they were all plugged in. everything is plugged in correctly, except the wire that plugs into the rear of the heater control panel that adjusts where you want to send your heat/cold air to. ie, to my defrost or the floor.. that plug looked like it was plugged in but it was loose, so i pulled it out, looked at the plug (has like 6 little metal prongs on it, looks like it plugs into something) I felt where it was plugged in.. and it wasn't plugged into anything, it was up against plastic. It looks like the correct place to plug it in, but it just doesn't go there...

anyone know where this plug plugs into, I couldn't find a spot on the back of the heater control panel.. I'm thinking maybe it has been replaced with say an older sunfire model, or a cav control panel and that's why it doesn't plug it. its really weird. this has to be the reason its not working, there were no pinched lines or anything.. so does anyone know what the rear of a 2003 sunfire heater control panel looks like? so I can match it up. I don't know what to do, lol.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Re: 2003 sunfire Heater control panel help..
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Pontiac-Sunfire-AC-Heater-Control-Panel-Fits-2003-2005_W0QQitemZ220178447609QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33545QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el12 47#ebayphotohosting

here is a link to ebay..

if you look above the air selctor knob.. you can see where the plug would plug into, but there is nothing for it to plug into there.. SO weird.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search