Laying on 18 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Laying on 18
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:30 PM
Sorry for being a pic whore, I just got my old rims (my brothers now) back on my car for a little bit and decided to do a little photoshoot . Well, here are the pictures, hopefully Ill have rims by the end of spring.

Anyways, here are the pictures, ENJOY!

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Post Edited (03-12-05 5:38 PM)

Re: Laying on 18
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:36 PM
nice car man, keep it up

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:38 PM
It looks great but how do you figure that that is lower than anything else?

Get a measurment on the lowest part under the car.

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:39 PM
Nice...

I can't stop thinking about how nice 95-99 Toyo lights would look on that car...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:42 PM
OH ok MAC AIRs i remember having these same arguments with Nicksix. His body kit (RKsport) layed on the ground so he went around claiming it was the lowest but never would give me an exact measurment.

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:43 PM
Its the lowest one because my car is bottoming out when its all the way down. The car can not go any lower. If I put a small catilitic converter on I would be able to sit about an inch lower too. These cylinders sit extremely low. Im not sure that its the lowest one, but I dont think its possible to go any lower...Thanks for the comments too! I love your car!

As far as Yota tail lights, Ill consider that, I think it might look good. How much do they sell for usually?

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:49 PM
What bottoming out?

In that second pic I see open space all the way under.
The sub frame is clearly not touching.

JUst because your tires are resting in the fenders dosnt mean its the lowest.
WHat did you do in the fenders? did you remove any plastic and metal?

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:50 PM
OH and the body kit looks awsome on a j on air. Ive been thinking about getting that rear for a while.

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:51 PM
What part do you want me to measure. Im not saying its the lowest, just dont think anything can get lower than the car bottoming out lol. Ill measure though, but I am not trying to start an argument or anything lol. The only thing is the height of the piece on the car that we measure may be different based on the type of wheels/tires also, because that changes how far the car can lower without stopping on the tires. I know that right now I still have about an inch of the shaft still showing in the front.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:53 PM
-ESB- wrote:What bottoming out?

In that second pic I see open space all the way under.
The sub frame is clearly not touching.

JUst because your tires are resting in the fenders dosnt mean its the lowest.
WHat did you do in the fenders? did you remove any plastic and metal?

Do you have AIM, Ill talk to you there. lol. ZeeTwankyFo2

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:00 PM
the lowest mine was setup to sit on the pinch welds...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:29 PM
Im not on AIM or anything else.

My pinch welds are folded over flat and alot of metal has been ground down.
I can roll when bags are fully compressed. Lowest portion of my front end (were the a arms bolt in to frame) is half inch off the ground.

You say you can go lower with a smaller cat. But your cat isnt even touching the ground in that pic.

Unless your saying you didnt have the car all the way down in all those pics.

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:39 PM
-ESB- wrote:OH and the body kit looks awsome on a j on air.

AGREED, I love it all of a sudden .

Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:51 PM
Sweet looking car.I have the same body kit on my car.I wish i could lower my car like that,but the streets here in trenton would destroy my kit.And in that 7th pic is that a crack in your rear bumper or is it me?
Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:25 PM
i've seen lower...

looks good and all.

but my boy donny's cavalier was laying lexian 18's on air ride... side skirts layed on the ground. and im not sure, but your sides are still off the ground right?

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:34 PM
Thats a crack! theres also one in the rear. His entire kit is being taken off and completely reglassed to be perfectly fit to the car and repaired, it will then be repainted (professionally this time). The douche bag who painted it last time didnt know what he was doing but told him he did, lol. Nate- The car looks AMAZING with the rims on! Yer car is sooo hot. It makes me mad that i cant even ride in it till spring break (another 2 weeks)

BTW: The Combat kit is not a very low kit to begin with. If the wheel wells would allow, he could sit atleast another INCH lower than it is now, the catilitic converter scrapes sometimes depending on where he is. on a perfectly flat area it may just clear by like .25 inches if hes lucky. Theres no point in measuring the distance between the ground and any part of the car because there is so many things that determine the height of a car such as Rim/ tire combo, Wheel well mods, If you have bushing between strut towers, and many other things. U can argue it all day long if u want, but i think the point he is gettin at is that they are REALLY damn nice and REALLY damn LOW! lol.....Back to the TOPIC now since this is all cleared up!

NICE PICTURES!

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:43 PM

Compared to mine (un-painted)

Granted I am on steelies i dont think it makes that big of a difference.

Non-the-less it looks good

-->Michael Ferrari

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:47 PM
The Ferrari wrote:

Granted I am on steelies i dont think it makes that big of a difference.

Non-the-less it looks good

That makes a huge difference, thats the only thing stopping him from going more than a inch lower, READ MY POST^^

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:54 PM
I love that rear vailance! Its combat? I have a drift rear. I like it cuz i dont have my exhaust runnin out the back. but that rear would look really good too.

Nice ride man, but I think it'd stand out so much more if you shaved the trunk and got ALL CLEAR tails. oooooeeee! That'd be titties.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 4:57 PM
OK and hears my point. Dont come on saying your the lowest if your not going to proove it. Break out the measuring tape.

"on a perfectly flat area it may just clear by like .25 inches if hes lucky"

If that is the case then how would a smaller cat make it go lower?

I am all that is man

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:16 PM
hey i said it looks good, but when my friend donny's laying (the same side skirts) to the pavement... i know you can get that extra inch... suck it in, do whatever... don't say "laying" if your not touching the ground with the body... i know so many mini-truckers that would say that's not laying...

theres a saying we have here in Florence Kentucky. If your on air, and you can't spark it... might as well park it...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:44 PM
that looks sick man! i miss that kit alot, it actually looks like my car used too lol,
nickesix had the first and lowest cav/sunfire i can remeber a few years ago when all there were was brislands, AIM and EAI........so he gets credit for that, with a j-body you can only drop so low until your tires bottom out and mine and everyone else on easystreet and brislands all sit exactly the same unless you do some major work up front or use rubber bands for tires. the way to get a little more drop is to remave your fender liners, and like ESB did pound up that lip inside your fender to roll low.........

~SEVENONESIX~CAR CLUB OF WNY EST. 1996

check out my cardomain http://members.cardomain.com/sevenonesixcav

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST GOT AIR????
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:47 PM
It will spark, ohh yes....it WILLLL spark! just wait!

And yes, many would say it aint layed out, but u get what hes sayin, its friggen low. some guys on here are soo PICKY on every little thing one says. to those ppl, Get a life.....you dont always have to be proving a point. Ill clear this up now tho just so u can get your way... ITS NOT THE LOWEST JBODY on the org, and neither is ANYONE elses posted on this thread....i know this for a fact. Can we get on with the original intent on this post please, for my brothers sake. All he wants is some feedback on the car, not a debate bout being the lowest Jbody. Thanks guys!

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:15 PM
nobody has said it looks like ass!

were also just kinda adding a lil' extra input to it.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 6:51 PM
I never said I was the lowest, I said its lower than anything else Ive seen on a cavy. And the only reason I said that is because I still have about 1" showing of the shaft which means if i messed with my wheel wells and rims so they didnt rub, I could still sit an inch lower.

But that wasnt the point anyways. And I never said I have the lowest car, because I dont, not even close. So please just drop it, and leave it at this.

So on to the comments please!

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search