Break in #3 - *PICS* - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Break in #3 - *PICS*
Monday, May 08, 2006 9:30 PM
no alarm?

My Myspace Page

Monday, May 08, 2006 9:52 PM
it sucks that it happened

but you cant blame it on the tuner sceen , any aftermarket equipment on any vehicle will get the same outcome

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:32 AM
Brandon Schmidt wrote:
CodeRedZ24 (aka Geeds) wrote:

but really whats the point of stealing a radio without a faceplate

not all that uncommon you can get faceplates cheap on ebay especially if its a popular deck.
why dont you just invest in a 2way lcd alarm as well as a spare battery

thats actually one of the smarter things hes said. yea if the person knows what kind of radio it is, they can order them off ebay, i was even told at an audio shop that people come in and steal face plates off display models.

a 2-way pager alarm would be your best bet

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 9:33 PM
Quote:

Heres what I do. Run a stock deck and make sure no aftermarket speakers show. Dont put any stickers on the outside of the car ever, and last but not least turn the stereo down a few minutes before you pull up to where you are going to park.

I always make sure befor i roll up on my place (at least a few blocks) to have the system off or turned down. I live in an area where me and my room mate are the only white boys on the block. He got his system taken once but that is because he always has it on and the volume turned up, so everyone knows he has something. The thing that sucked with him is one night the deck was gone the next they came back for the remote and the faceplate, lol.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:23 AM
i hope you had an alarm.....

I got robbed/broken into 3 times within 8 months....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:30 AM
My suburban was broken into this winter and they took the faceplate(not the whole deck) and the CIGERETTE LIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they also broke the driver side mirror and it was a heated mirror that cost 600 bucks. The lighter was the thing that pissed me off the most being that i am a smoker. I even had beer in the cooler for the road trip home (was at a wild game) and they didnt even take one so at least there was a bright side

Burn some dust-Eat my rubber!!!!
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:38 AM
My suburban was broken into this winter while I was at a MN Wild game. They took the faceplate off the player and my OEM LIGHTER (this pissed me off the most as I smoke) they also broke the driver side mirror. It was a heated mirror that had fluid in it and i still havent been able to get it off the door, but I did have a case of beer on ice for the roadtrip home they didnt take any of that so there was a positive

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:44 AM
sorry bout the double work computer bl*ws goats when i rewrote it it posted both

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:23 AM
That sucks dude. My last break-in was my fault because I left my doors unlocked. Luckly they caught the punks and I got all my stuff back:

1 x Level II Kevlar Vest
1 x Duty Belt
1 x Monadnock Expandable Baton (I got in @!#$ by the cop for leaving this in my car)
2 x 3-cell Maglights
1 x Bottle of creatine (Yeah they took my CREATINE)
1 x Multi Tool
1 x ID Card (just my pic, thats how the cops found me)
1 x Bottle of Cologne

Luckly they didn't check the trunk, because I had all my DJ equipment in it

Thanks,

Big-L (Luc)
'04 Sunfire SL
http://www.totalsportcompact.com
Ottawa's premier car and lifestyle event!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:51 PM
Buy 4 Rottweilers and chain one to each tire. 6 foot of chain on each should give you good perimeter coverage. It sucks that people cant stand it when you own something nice and take care of it. Just for some exterior colour I added anodized valve stem caps. They were gone the next day. No Respect.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/mykeln/mysig.jpg
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:13 PM
i just take and leave one of my pitbulls in my car when i go somewhere

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:25 PM
what do you say all ontaria org. members pitch in and donate,at the very least a 30 dollar bull dog alarm system...poor fella. All the best!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:14 PM
damn that does suck

i had my cav broken into twice with in a 6month period!

after that, everything i installed interior wise was done "stealth", and never had another break in. THANK GOD!!!

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:59 AM
i dont know about me, but if i had ANY exterior mods that made my car look like it had money invested into it....i would buy a good alarm.

i'm baaaaack!!
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:59 AM
Damn man this sux !! Sorry to hear that man

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:58 AM
sorry man hate to hear that but i know how you feel. I moved from Myrtle Beach to Mooresville NC (right outside charlotte for you people who dont know where it is located) and mostly this area (especially where my fiance and I were living) was ritzy. Well we hadnt lived here a month and i am supposed to be living in one of the best neighborhoods and what do i find when i come out the next morning? my passenger side window all smashed out and the only thing taken out of my car was my radar detector and the morons left the mounting bracket! i had my cd's sitting there in the freaking seat yet they werent even touched! and because of some moron my door has dents and @!#$ in it where i got my window fixed (which getting a new window put in was really expensive to the insurance lol because its the ones that roll up and down when you get and out of your car). but the sad part about all this is, my car was parked under one of those "fancy" style street lights that sit next to the driveway and MY CAR ALARM NEVER WENT OFF luckily the porsche was in the garage, the corvette had its car cover and nobody was going to mess with the exploder (lol) and my fiances Z24 was untouched thank god!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:10 PM
ok for those of you who think your car comes with an alarm from the factory it really doesnt. in order for it to go off you have to smash the window and then open the door thats it. nothing else no glass break no tilt no prox no nothing. .hell they could even disconnect your battery and stop that. an alarm with 2 yay paging. back up sirens inside and out and battery back up will decrease your chances of getting jacked. plus if the alarm has starter kill which almost ALL alarms come with it will lower your insurance. Really what more incentive do you need to get a decent alarm put in?
Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:47 PM
I've had 5 break-ins. 3 in a good neighborhood (2 in one week). Hundreds of CDs, cell phone, tools, decks, speakers, subs, amps, broken windows...the cell phone pissed me off the most because they had racked up like $50 in downloads in the two hours following...
If you don't want to have your deck stolen, run a mounting cable from the back of it to the dash frame. They'll destroy the plastic surround, but they won't get your deck Also, use carriage bolts to mount amps, and allen head bolts to mount speakers. And for the love all all that is good, leave the vinyl off the outside of your car!!!

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:06 PM
no alarm? it may be your problem..

a new look coming in summer 2006
Friday, May 26, 2006 5:12 AM
n8ball2013 wrote:ok for those of you who think your car comes with an alarm from the factory it really doesnt. in order for it to go off you have to smash the window and then open the door thats it. nothing else no glass break no tilt no prox no nothing. .hell they could even disconnect your battery and stop that. an alarm with 2 yay paging. back up sirens inside and out and battery back up will decrease your chances of getting jacked. plus if the alarm has starter kill which almost ALL alarms come with it will lower your insurance. Really what more incentive do you need to get a decent alarm put in?

well just for your info mine was aftermarket alarm system.

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:44 AM
did u have an alarm? 3 breakins? sounds like no alarm. Park it in the garage!

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier SOLD | 2002 BMW 330i SOLD | 2004 BMW 645i

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:28 PM
Yeah summer time is break-in time. Last june i had my stereo, CDs, and Fuzz buster stollen. Went fishing at park by the Bolivar Dam in Ohio. Sunday afternoon. The parkinglot was out of view from where i was fishing. Didn't take my faceplate off. Saw some 15 year old kids eyeballing me while i was fishing. Came back and there was a hole where my passenger side lock used to be. Costed over 1000 to fix and a 500 deductable. Nomatter how nice, what time of day, how many people, your stuff can still get stollen.
Friday, May 26, 2006 3:49 PM
sucks man, it's just cause of what the car looks looks like, low life @!#$s man

and to people saying get an alarm, i do think it helps a little because yesterday my alarm started going off at work and two kids i work with were out in his 90 z24 and saw this guy next to my beater (97cavalier) and they got out of the car to attempt to see what was going on and the dude saw them and hopped in his and took the hell off. I came running out and saw him sitting at the light by my work but i couldnt catch him before it went green or it would of went down. I was shure as hell running right for him i bet he was getting a little worried since i had a few co-workers right behind me....but anyway

want to know what i have in my BEATER??? NOTHING A STOCK 97 CAVALIER TAPE DECK and a hoodie in the back seat, and the @!#$ was still trying to beak into my car....what he wanted out of it i don't know? But seriously man don't get out of the tuner scene because of that, they were trying to break into my totally stock beater.

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:19 PM
I know the feeling and it definatly sucks, I've had my car broken into twice, the first time they stole everything, the deck, amp and sub. It was a cheap system and they probably wouldnt have got more than 50 bucks or something for the amp and sub and the deck was fairly cheap too. It costed me more to fix everything than for what they would get for it. The second time was in front of my house and they smashed my window for like a 150 dollar deck. My area is pretty quiet and I know its the punk ass high school kids that walk around. Now I dont have anything in my car. I had big plans for the Cav until the break ins now its just a beater. Luckily I have a new car that has some stuff on it (Mazdaspeed Protege) , I"ll be really careful and if I see someone around it, its time for the old goalie stick to the face trick. I know how you feel man and if you see someone doing it to your car some day I hope you get em
Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:13 PM
weld in cd player cage and bolt cage to cd player take faceplate with u when u leave car worst that happens u have to fix a window.

use the insurance money to buy a 2 way alarm instead of another cd player
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search