2.6L quad4 stroker PICS (56k dont try it) - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.6L quad4 stroker PICS (56k dont try it)
Friday, November 03, 2006 11:12 AM
Get some damn numbers so I can build one for my Z. I have a spare Ho waiting to be build.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, November 03, 2006 12:10 PM
what numbers you need?
acutally we need to make a REAL write up on this..with my pics
2.4 crank..2.4 rods..custom 2.4 pistons in 2.3 bore (which mine are .030 over that) and you have to make sure you have rod clearance..and the block journals need to be machined out to fit the 2.4 crank...other than that the only hurrdle is the CPS and theres 2 options for that..welding on the crank...or do like i did nad reposition it

Friday, November 03, 2006 1:49 PM
WOW! good job man. cant wait to see numbers on the dyno.
also cant wait you get a header made for it (hint... hint.... )

Friday, November 03, 2006 7:56 PM
header is actually next on the list...it should top off my build..
plan is to put the engine in early next week..then after i make sure everything is running smoothly and not leaking im taking her to the dyno...THEN back to project header

Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:30 AM
Scott... looks great man. I'm interested to see how this engine runs... I don't yet know of a 2.4 stroker that has actually fully functioned so this would be a first.

Good luck! But be careful certain morons on this site expect you to have dyno #'s within a few weeks, or the flaming starts.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, November 04, 2006 12:27 PM
LOL@ ^
its sad..but your probably right..even though i go thru all that hard work..and even post pics of ALL of it if i dont have a dyno sheet posted soon they will start to call bs..i know the drill...so im just gonna wait for alittle bashing to start THEN ill post the dyno hehe

Saturday, November 04, 2006 12:57 PM
What no dyno yet.... I call BS on this !!

just... kidding dude!!

Again, awsome job... What kind of numbers are you expecting ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 04, 2006 1:13 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:

Giggidy!!!

Saturday, November 04, 2006 4:10 PM
way to go man.....I followed you through it til I got a new phone and lost your number. Looks awesome. I will someday have another 2.3 ho. Get ahold of me sometime.

Your dreams are rich.....Live by your dreams.....
Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:03 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Scott... looks great man. I'm interested to see how this engine runs... I don't yet know of a 2.4 stroker that has actually fully functioned so this would be a first.

Good luck! But be careful certain morons on this site expect you to have dyno #'s within a few weeks, or the flaming starts.

-Chris-

Na, he has internal pics of his engine

I see a BomZ HO Underdrive pulley, a GM A/C Delete Pulley (not needed, I'll get you the part number for the belt needed if you want) I love that engine...... or maybe I love the simplicity of that engine

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, November 04, 2006 8:35 PM
I have the build instructions if anyone wants them...pm me or I'll just provide a link. These are the "asshats" instructions, and are the "exact" build that Scott has. Only Scott is sure of the quality of the work now.

I've got two blocks to build myself. My stroker in one, my "stock" HO I'm running now (It's built so I can't count it), and one that I'm thinking of trying to recreate the land speed record quad, the destroked 2.0L quad4 turbo. One project at a time though.

Scott, looks like you beat me to it. I'll hopefully be the first 2.6L S/C on the block LOL.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 1:45 AM
Haha.. good call Brian. I have the pics... I just do not post them.

Hotbug... too many projects man! The destroked one would be interesting, though I don't know which quad you're speaking of. I'm not fully up to date on my Quad4 Lore.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, November 05, 2006 6:42 AM
i would be posting pics of a sweet completed engine and that 086 head scott is using would be on mine had "that company" not ripped me off, so now i have a law suit pending to get all that money i spent back. Never did i think i would wind up in this situation.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 9:36 AM
Quote:

I see a BomZ HO Underdrive pulley, a GM A/C Delete Pulley (not needed,

you know why the UD pulley is there..the ac delete pulley is there mainly for weight reduction and SPACE..do you have any idea how much space i cleared up just by junking that damn compressor?? so i saved about 25lbs of weight on the front end AND have all that room in my bay now..especailly since the compressor,evap can,and all the lines went with it

and rob i feel your pain,i consider myself lucky to have gotten as far as i am now considering what happened to both of us..i just htink you got the short end of the stick

as for the belt i have the right one...just not on yet..and my intake manifold is off getting polished right now
so itll be on soon...OH and i found a way to hide that damn black box too!! so more pics to come

Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:04 PM
Andrew, Build instructions would be awesome..... I have the 'basics', but any help is better then none.

Chris I know I've seen some pics...... but others havnt yet

Scott, I was eluding to the fact you can delete the A/C and not use the delete pulley...... I'm running it that way on the drag car, and on my buddy Chris's GTZ..... works awesome Cheaper, Cheaper belt, less drag (i know, free spinning pulley doesnt eat any power up)....... I just hat seeing people wast their money on the delete pulley.

Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:13 PM
Quote:

bla bla bla a GM A/C Delete Pulley (not needed,

you know why the UD pulley is there..the ac delete pulley is there mainly for weight reduction and SPACE..do you have any idea how much space i cleared up just by junking that damn compressor?? so i saved about 25lbs of weight on the front end AND have all that room in my bay now..especailly since the compressor,evap can,and all the lines went with it bla bla bla bla bla/quote]
Mine was 33... some thing pounds damn it. LOL

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:01 PM
wel where were you guys when i bought the damn delete pulley lol

Monday, November 06, 2006 2:44 AM
scott (section8cav) wrote:wel where were you guys when i bought the damn delete pulley lol

I've been preaching that for about 4 years?

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:29 AM
Hey I could use those instructions aswell. I more or less know what to do, ive been following closely on the quad4forums. But instructions would be awsome. I will PM you my email to e mail it if you could.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:27 PM
a couple more pics guys..hope you enjoy.....
the first couple is how i tightened up my front tranny mount....anyone with an NVG knows why i had to do it this way

i simply cut up pieces of prothane to press into the gaps inthe insert..really tightened it up a bit

and here is the engine as of tonight..all together and ready for install

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:28 AM
^^^^^ looking good man

can not wait to see it in the car

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:29 AM
Looks awesome, too bad it's so hard to find a good 2.4 crank these days.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:36 PM
Wow!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:27 AM
Makes me wet with anticipation....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:38 AM
No oil filter? That thing won't go far Scott.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search