Tiny Update.... - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tiny Update....
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:58 PM
Haha, I'm an Eco guy too...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:12 PM
You guys both going to be ready for Ryan come spring time?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:52 PM
Looks great man!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:03 PM
We'll see if I'm ready. Due to lack of snow my bonuses at work are non existant. So the last few items I need will he purchased once I have cash in hand. The money I had saved for parts went toward my xd40 at Christmas.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:00 AM
Well I will keep my fingers crossed at least. Would be good to get a group together and put some numbers down and have some fun.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:09 AM
Agreed. We should still have 3 cars....and you guys can rape my 5.9 Dakota

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:13 AM
Once it gets closer I might mention it to a few others while Ryan is in town. the more the merrier. Gets him some cash, people get good tunes,

Im already itching for spring. I have a few things to tidy up first but otherwise im ready to race.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:22 AM
Well I'm sure if we get enough people maybe we can bbq at the dyno day.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:35 PM
We went to pickup Ron's gto at a friends house so I took the cav out since it is 40 out and had some fun at 1bar of boost.

Monday, September 16, 2013 12:48 PM
So about those videos.. How's the car running anyway?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:22 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:So about those videos.. How's the car running anyway?

Car has been sidelined. The last meet we had in the midwest, I went to ride out a 2nd gear drop like in the burnout photo above but it lost power and stumbled. We got 2 lifters that wont stay pumped up, and the exhaust band clamps need to be swapped for flanges since it slowly droops down at the axle over time. We plan on pulling it apart and doing the lifter mod and seeing how everything looks.

That is about it, my buddy who owns the car and I both have been working lots of overtime hence the cavi is neglected. What little time I've had has been going to finishing up the front suspension rebuild and new headers for the 360 small block. Once that is out the cav will go in.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:03 PM
Well tonight we pulled the dakota out of the garage, and put the cav in. Tore everything apart and swapped in ls6 lifter springs. Friday we will put it all back together.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:54 PM
I remember that lol glad its getting fixed and im looking forward to the next meet. Maybe you and the car can redeem yourselves.
Friday, October 11, 2013 2:27 PM
Yeah, me too. But next time the car's owner should be there to beat on it. Otherwise I'll go for round two.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:21 PM
Everything is back to normal, motor was reassembled, coolant purged and test run went well..

Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:16 PM
Looks good. I think your starter might get a little hot. Might want to think about getting a solinoid shield or put some heat wrap on the header or starter.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:20 PM
Glad she's back up and running! Notice any difference with those ls6 lifter springs?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:38 PM
There is little to no space for a starter sheild, but it is an autozone starter so it will be replaced for free if it dies.....can always pop the clutch to start the turd if it dies. The LS6 lifter springs are alot stiffer, slightly taller and of a heavier gauge metal than the stock ones. Time will tell. Matt Linke sent me a link on them and is also installing them in his LN2 Turbo car as well.

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:27 AM
I'm happy to see it running!!!

I haven't installed those springs yet, I just got married this last weekend and have been busy with other misc stuff besides that.

I should get my ass in gear and get some finishing touches and we should meet sometime before it's too cold to get traction at all lol.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, October 14, 2013 10:08 AM
I'm down to meet up, but car still needs a cooling upgrade, if you beat on it too long it heats up, then slowly comes back down.

Monday, October 14, 2013 2:20 PM
Grrr I need mine running. These days right now are TURBO CAR weather!!!

Monday, October 14, 2013 3:12 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Grrr I need mine running. These days right now are TURBO CAR weather!!!

The supercharger doesn't hate it either

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 14, 2013 4:45 PM
Simmer down boys....it is unnaturally aspirated weather.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:55 AM
JUCNBST wrote:

what kind of seats are those? and do they make them with blue stitching? and how do you like them?

Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:00 AM
And whats that in your passenger door?

Did you say my car looks slow??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search