Updates: SEMA body kit + some! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Updates: SEMA body kit + some!
Friday, July 06, 2007 6:26 AM
Well as some poeple know i am the winner of the 2 door SEMA cavy body kit. I haven't taken very good pictures but i will be on the 9th ( this upcoming monday) when me and a few guys test fit atleast the front bumper and the side skirts. So anyways on with the pictures!

The primer on the bumper is for two reasons, There were metal brackets on the bumper and they were starting to fall off ( crappy glassing them in and they started to rust) so i made some new fiberglassed ones and glassed them in. The other reason is the body filler + moister ordeal that was told to Big Pappa. Granted im not using metal so it wont rust but i wont want the paint to stick like crap on it so might as well.

Now to When i got the body kit, in the grass and in the sun...

My dad has a project just like me...

For some reason i dont think this one the engine take came out of it when we got it ....

Out with the weak/old

In with the new 12 bolt!

"Come on Dad the BIG brakes for the j-bodies are 12 or 13" in diameter ... theres are a wimpy 11" Well i gues there better then 4 wheel drum lol

This is the best picture i can get of the pint job thats shows it all. If you have alot of BMW's around you Find a "M" series one ad find the blue lol Thats the color of the car!
Its coming along!

Now to let others know whats going on, I've ordered a Evo Hood ( going to twist it around a little bit ) and i have a hidden antenna ariving today with the USPS both thanks to Jason @ A+ !!! Once A freind gets back home he is sending me a set of wiesco pistons so i can start machining my block at work once they show you im ordered eagle rods, 3+ spec clutch, and Spec flywheel so i can send off the bottom end to get lightened ( crank is going on a diet and then heat treated) and then its all getting balanced. Once thats all done im going to start working my A$$ off to make sure i have all the $$$$ for the repainting of the car around spring time. Color i picked out was off a 2005 Lotus Elise Chrome Orange.

Thanks for reading! keep an eye out for updates!

Re: Updates: SEMA body kit + some!
Friday, July 06, 2007 6:28 AM
can't wait to see that kit painted and on your car.

congrats on the win man. that's the only kit I'd put on my Cav.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, July 06, 2007 6:34 AM
Is anyone one goin to reproduce this kit?

Friday, July 06, 2007 6:38 AM
thats gunna look sick

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:38 AM
I hate you.
Friday, July 06, 2007 8:13 AM
Hahaha You car will forever stand out. You sir are making J-body history. Keep us posted

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:19 AM
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT KIT!!!!
Friday, July 06, 2007 8:21 AM
I'm SOOOOO jealous !!!!

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:35 AM
CJ 96Z w/03 conversion wrote:HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT KIT!!!!

Gooood ol ebay

Nice man, cant wait to see the kit TEST FITTED on the car first, Your gonna test fit it right? Oh, and make sure you take pictures of that as well..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, July 06, 2007 8:36 AM

He won it on eBay

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:54 AM
so i take it you not making a mold

Congrats on getting the kit those. I like that kit, exspecially the front bumper

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:55 AM
damn where in the hell did I get that spelling for especially, clicked post before i noticed it, gotta get the card tonight and go premium.

Friday, July 06, 2007 9:07 AM
ecotecpower wrote:I'm SOOOOO jealous !!!!

x2. I can't wait to see the car when you are done!

Friday, July 06, 2007 10:38 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:

Gooood ol ebay

Nice man, cant wait to see the kit TEST FITTED on the car first, Your gonna test fit it right? Oh, and make sure you take pictures of that as well..

Yes we are test fitting it ( We i mean as in Wrenchmonkey aka Tom, and Snowblindbird aka mark are going to be doing that this monday ( the 9th also my b-day)

Thanks guys, i figured i would get the "I hate you" responce but i responced as in sorry. Making a mold ... nope. i have a senimental value for the kit and i dont feel like sending it out to get a mold made. Shipping scares me and how they make molds scare me. Only thing ive been thinking about molding is the spoiler if the price is right from Jim @ gravana.

Friday, July 06, 2007 11:02 AM
coolio man

Friday, July 06, 2007 11:10 AM
rawkfist wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:

Gooood ol ebay

Yes we are test fitting it ( We i mean as in Wrenchmonkey aka Tom, and Snowblindbird aka mark are going to be doing that this monday ( the 9th also my b-day)

Thanks guys, i figured i would get the "I hate you" responce but i responced as in sorry. Making a mold ... nope. i have a senimental value for the kit and i dont feel like sending it out to get a mold made. Shipping scares me and how they make molds scare me. Only thing ive been thinking about molding is the spoiler if the price is right from Jim @ gravana.

What time is this at on Monday?

I just go promoted and have to meet up with my Boss and Owner of the company.

If anything ill come after work. Im sorry man... i just found out that there meeting with me on Monday

Friday, July 06, 2007 12:19 PM
Well damn that kit looks so good. I only wish that I had it is all... I still have not heard back from Jim. I'm going to call him either tomorrow if they are open, or Monday to see if we can't get this made. I thank you for letting us maybe get this done.

Friday, July 06, 2007 12:59 PM
while i wish this kit was mass produced, if i would've won it i wouldnt have sent it in either. if you do end up sending in the spoiler at least that would make me happy in the pants.

Friday, July 06, 2007 2:51 PM
very nice man thats kits awesome and i hope stuff goes well with the sppoiler cause i deffinatly want that one...the only spoiler i would put on my car..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Friday, July 06, 2007 4:07 PM
Nice man! Congrats on winning it! How much did you give, if you dont mind my asking?

Friday, July 06, 2007 5:10 PM
I would ask 500$ for everyone who want,s a replica. lol

Nice buy dude, I'm jealous.

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:06 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
rawkfist wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:

Gooood ol ebay

What time is this at on Monday?

I just go promoted and have to meet up with my Boss and Owner of the company.

If anything ill come after work. Im sorry man... i just found out that there meeting with me on Monday

I was hoping to do it in the morning ( start before noon ) get the kit on and go out to lunch and some pictures... when is the meeting? i might delay it also because Brandon doesn't get off work until 4:30 so thats 5:30 for him for him if he came over. i could install it any time as long is we have time to raise the car ( possibly) and put it back to stock bumpers before tuesday at 9am when i start work lol TRY MAN just let me know when the meeting is and when you think it will be done!

Redecocav: i paid around 1350 shipped.

FactoryPhreak: I am tryign to get $$$$ out of gravana for using the spoiler to make a mold and they would set the prices. Thats it. If it gets molded i get my spoiler back and gravana can do with what they want from there on out.

If the body kit would gt produced I would have to do ALOT of talking with the company who would be making them! I would need $$$ for every kit sold, insurence waver on the body kit, and me being able to set the prices. So i dont think thats going to happen unless i start making the bumpers out of the molds in my garage...

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:22 PM
i was gonna go wit that kit, but i only paid 160 for my wings west kit shipped! so yeah!

WI-Jtuners member
Friday, July 06, 2007 7:42 PM
rawkfist wrote:
Redecocav: i paid around 1350 shipped.

Guess you do gotta pay to be different.

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:52 PM
i would kill for that spoiler!

cars gonna look awesome man.

Member of J-body of Michigan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search