The History of the EvoFire - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The History of the EvoFire
Friday, December 27, 2013 5:32 AM
Levi Weuve wrote:Just read your whole thread and awesome work man!

Thanks...it took a lot of time and hard work and mistakes to make it what it is...and its no where near perfect....or done for that matter.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:28 PM
EvoFire wrote:

Thanks...it took a lot of time and hard work and mistakes to make it what it is...and its no where near perfect....or done for that matter.

I am in the same boat..plenty of time, money, and energy yet to be spent!

Good work

Monday, December 30, 2013 1:26 PM
Did some work today. Took off the rotors and replaced with new ones, and cleaned and painted the hats and the calipers. Also put on new front hubs. Here are some before and after pictures.

The brake kit as a whole has about 70k on it just since i got it. Not sure what was on it before i bought it. I think about 40k. You can see in the before pics that the anodize was severely weathered. I used VHT caliper paint to paint all the parts. I also painted in the "wilwood" on the calipers again. I have a bit of touch up to do, and the thole system will be reinstalled and bled tomorrow afternoon.

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:06 PM
This is beautiful.. Simple as that..
Monday, April 21, 2014 9:10 AM
Took a few minutes off of Easter Sunday yesterday and finally put the 4.3 Vortec TB on the car. Cut up the TB cable bracket to suit my needs, and the car idles at about 1000 now, and drives fine under light loads. I don't have the wideband hooked up yet, so didn't go into PE mode or anything like that. Just normal light to light driving the response was way way way quicker and smoother, and the sound (from the blower) is way more noticable now. The CBM adaptor works great, and the TPS and IAC that were on the TB work fine.

Friday, April 25, 2014 4:58 AM
Good stuff Chris. Love the small touches on the willwoods.

So a Vortec 4.3 and the CBM adapter bolted on, and all you have to do is mod the cable bracket.... hmmmmmm, that's good to know.

Friday, April 25, 2014 5:34 AM
Jeez, realized I already knew this. ^^ My brain doesn't work well on overnight shifts.

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:12 AM
Scorpio1 (James K.) wrote:Good stuff Chris. Love the small touches on the willwoods.

So a Vortec 4.3 and the CBM adapter bolted on, and all you have to do is mod the cable bracket.... hmmmmmm, that's good to know.

yeah you knew that...lol still have a few things to work on. gotta figure out an intake for it, or just filter it, and need to adjust the fuel to compensate.

Monday, April 28, 2014 12:53 AM
Well get it done bud!

Monday, April 28, 2014 11:06 AM
its going slow man....just ordered t clamps and filter and stuff.

Thursday, May 01, 2014 6:07 PM
All my tbolt clamps came in today. Got the TB side of the pipe cut, and sanded and clamped in. Tomorrow when the filter gets here I will cut the other end of the pipe and drill the hole for the PCV. All I need now to finish the intake setup is a catch can. I just cant decide what one I want though.

For those that didnt know, i also have sold the wilwood rear brakes to Brad Wheeler. I will be swapping on a Saturn setup. Making the 'Fire into a pure drag racing car.

I also will have a tunable computer and injectors on the way tonight.

Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:51 PM
Nice update. are you going to gut the car to shave weight now since it's going to be a race car?

Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:54 PM
i want it to have a full visible interior...ill remove speakers and all that jazz that takes up space and weight, but all usable and visible interior parts will be there. i still drive it to work sometimes.

Friday, May 02, 2014 6:48 AM
EvoFire wrote:All my tbolt clamps came in today. Got the TB side of the pipe cut, and sanded and clamped in. Tomorrow when the filter gets here I will cut the other end of the pipe and drill the hole for the PCV. All I need now to finish the intake setup is a catch can. I just cant decide what one I want though.

For those that didnt know, i also have sold the wilwood rear brakes to Brad Wheeler. I will be swapping on a Saturn setup. Making the 'Fire into a pure drag racing car.

I also will have a tunable computer and injectors on the way tonight.

http://www.saikoumichi.com/

I researched catch cans for about 6 months. One of the best on the market and the cost is nice and low. They will also do any mod you'd want for a cheap price.
Friday, May 02, 2014 7:38 AM
Philly D wrote:
http://www.saikoumichi.com/

I researched catch cans for about 6 months. One of the best on the market and the cost is nice and low. They will also do any mod you'd want for a cheap price.

Thanks! Ill look into them.

Sunday, May 04, 2014 3:11 AM
I second that, Ive heard nothing but good about those guys catch cans Chris!

Friday, May 09, 2014 3:19 PM
Big changes start tonight...who wants to guess...

Also, I decided i am going to make my own catch can. I want kind of an industrial stockish look to it..not any of this polished painted pretty crap thats all over every ricer in the world.

Also, here is a finished pic of the intake.

Friday, May 09, 2014 6:11 PM
LSJ and TVS?

Friday, May 09, 2014 8:23 PM
new coilovers. new brakes. and new wheels and tires

Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:51 AM

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:20 AM
um...nice catch can Philly D. What are you showing or saying?

Well the weekend was kind of bitter sweet. Got the Wilwoods off the rear, and started getting the Neon setup installed. Also took the coilovers off, and will soon be ready to install the BC's. Everything in the rear will be new, new brakes, coilovers, and hubs, and the front just got a brake job and hubs, and will be getting the coilovers as soon as they are pulled from the donor car.

Also have a battery box to install.

here they are all boxed up

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:42 PM
Nice bit of work you got in.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:00 PM
Jut showing you a catch can I bought that isnt showy, ricey, polished etc. Does the job and I thought would fit in your bay well.
Monday, May 12, 2014 6:24 PM
pm me info philly

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 6:59 AM
Things are coming together. Here is a pic of the new setup. sort of. it is missing coilovers and rotors...lol

what color combo should i do with the wheels and lug nuts.

bronze, gloss black, flat black?

neo chrome? purple? black?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search