Official build thread for project CARBNCAV - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Official build thread for project CARBNCAV
Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:48 PM
Well I had intended on starting a build thread a couple weeks ago but nothing has been done to the car. Since my brother and Rich plan on doing some work on Sunday I figured now would be a good time to start. I will be helping as much as I can considering the car is at my parents I will be going to my parents house every Sunday, but not sure if I can get there this Sunday

The plan for this winter:

The exterior is pretty much the way I want it aside from maybe adding the TRD eyelids I have and getting it painted this coming spring, I think the exterior is done

The engine will get nothing more done to it except for the engine will get detailed for the 2010 show season and the TTR lower motor mount I have will be installed. Reason for this is I dont want any more money spent on the engine becuse we will be doing an engine sawp winter of 2010/2011

The suspension and brakes is one of my main concerns this year, I have already purchased a bit of suspension parts including an easy street digital air ride set up, front and rear vibrant polished strut bars and an addco rear sway bar,still need to buy a front sway bar, gm trailblazer tie bar and maybe get a k brace. I hope to have at least Wilwood big breaks up front for 2010

The interior I have decided to swap to a sunfire dash and door panels(not sure if it will be 1995-2002 or 2003-2005) I will be adding some cf to it of course, and all plastic will be sanded smooth and painted black or colour matched to the outside colour the car will be witch is black with blue pearl, need to find used or new ACC black replacement carpet, add my kickpanels to the thresholds, get a BCC gauge overlay, and either find somebody to cover my stock seats or find different ones

Trunk setup will be all new, Im going with different MTX subs and amps, im sticking with 10" subs just not sure if it will be 2 or 3, square or round. then a new fiberglass box, mount the air tank in the spare tire well, add a second battery in the spare tire well, then fit 2 amps and 2 compressors, fingers crossed it fits lol

So just a couple of pics of what it looked like this past show season

And a pic of it in my parents garage, still needs to be cleaned lol

Re: Official build thread for project CARBNCAV
Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:11 PM
i think that c/f would look x100s better if this car wasn't black!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:12 PM
The wheels kill it for me.

The rest is great though!

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:25 PM
I love C/F on black. It makes it sooo much more subtle.

219whp - I <3 whine

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:30 PM
I may try and get new rims before show season if not it should be the middle of the summer at the latest

The cf really pops when its a nice sunny day and thats what I like about it it really needs to be nice and sunny like this

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:32 PM
or this

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:56 PM
Whats involved in doing roof in carbon pm details i was thinking about doing this since my roof is faded.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:27 AM
good luck on the build Billy... It will be nice to see some fresh new ideas at the show scene with you this coming year.

curious to know why you're wanting to swap to the sunfire interior.... the interior you have is so CLEAN with the cf. You got big points for that at the bash this past year.
I'd focus more of your attention to the trunk like you said, front/rear seats... that would really set the interior off well to compliment the exterior.

Good luck on the build, I'll be watching this thread for sure, and on the lethal site.

See you in the spring!

Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:21 AM
Well I just want to try something different with the cav, I mean I know sunfire interiors have been swapped into cavaliers before, but my top dash is cracked already, my door panels need some work as the bottom half plastic is cracked in several spots, the cav dash bezel will need to be redone to add and delete things, in the end Its to try something new for my cav. I am still going to keep it clean of course lol, everything interior wise will be black and cf except for a few shinny pieces so I hope the sunfire interior will have the same out come as my cav interior had

Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:11 AM
it will bill no worries, and your trunk set up should turn out sweet with the ideas I have in me head lol, we will discuss that tonight. on a side note you should show a better pic of the roof, so sexy!

Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:28 PM
Ahh, so you are the one getting my Sunfire Interior. I have the 95-02 top dash aswell as the 03+ if u want.

Monday, December 21, 2009 11:45 AM
Out with the old start with the new setup, it has pretty much been planned out, the trunk needs a good cleaning

This is the best pic I have of what it started as

And ten minutes later is was like this

And I took a pic to show the gap from wheel to fender now that the stereo is out, its been almost three years since I have seen this much gap in the rear all be it not much though lol

Monday, December 21, 2009 3:42 PM
I like this car!

I would suggest modifying the rear bumper to flow better with the side skirts. It hangs way too low for my taste.

OneBadZ24 did it a while back. I'm sure someone has pictures.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, December 21, 2009 3:47 PM
That is my plan aswell, I bought the front and sides new and bought the rear used I dont know if its because maybe the rear was from a different company or that all the kits are like this. Since its going on air I want the the whole kit to line up before it goes for paint

Monday, December 21, 2009 4:01 PM
Awesome man. I have always loved that kit but hated how it lined up.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, December 21, 2009 6:42 PM
yeah that rear needs a shave on those lower corners I agree jay, no worries I know its in good hands and will be done right

and yeah lol it took longer planning everything out than it did removing it all lol

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:34 PM
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:52 AM
I love you Cav man, keep up with the updates, I'll be checking back frequently.

I'm not going anywhere just yet

R.I.P. Jimmy "the Rev" Sullivan '81-'09
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:10 AM
Love your car..!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:47 PM
well we just bought 2 of the three amps we will be using for the stereo install will post pics soon. We got two mtx jack hammer amps 800 watts each and they are 4 channel amps.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:27 PM
Heres a pic of them I took from the web, my camera is full of pictures so I could not use that I guess I need to get another memory card lol

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:37 PM
Soapy wrote:Heres a pic of them I took from the web, my camera is full of pictures so I could not use that I guess I need to get another memory card lol

everything about this = sex

Thursday, December 31, 2009 4:46 AM
whats the name of that front and rear, i like. the sides ive already found.

Thursday, December 31, 2009 8:41 AM
The front and rear are Buddy club 2 or known as TSC 3 front and rear off of VIS

Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:14 AM
Soapy wrote:Heres a pic of them I took from the web, my camera is full of pictures so I could not use that I guess I need to get another memory card lol

Not an MTX fan but it looks like theyll go well with the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search