Not A Teaser - Page 17 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:46 PM
yeah I would really love to do the Wilwood rears, but for what they do, and the price of the Jeffie swap, you cant beat it. All I need it to do is keep the car straight when braking, and hold the car using the e-brake. I do wish they were bigger, but I will survive. Its going to look a lot better than the drum on there.

Im just excited to see it right finally! Cant wait for spring to come around.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:48 PM
Any disc brakes look better than the drums.

I personally dont like when the front and rear brakes are both huge. The rears do so little for the actual job of stopping.

I was more than pleased with my neon setup. I cant wait until I finally get Jeffies brakes on.

I also like the benefit of the small built in spacer compared to the stock drum or neon discs.

Keep doing what you do and the car will continue to get better.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:03 PM
Looks great, and yeah... that sleeve is a LOT bigger than what you had. Good luck and hope all goes smooth with the head.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:28 PM
Thanks. Im just happy to say that its almost done. Once the head is on, clean up the interior, and its done. Cant wait to say that!

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:56 AM
Got around to pulling the head off. Oil looked terrible. So Im going to flood the engine with oil just to get it worked into every crevice I can. I figure 10qts should do it. Just to flush it.

Got the head off and the new LSJ head in the mail and sent them both to M2. Should be a month or so since he is backed up but when its back, it will be read to re-assemble as well as nice weather to tune it.

Car is sitting like this

Due to this

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:14 PM
Whats needed to run the LSJ head on the L61?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:45 PM
basically nothing except for pcv modification and coil pack mod too.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:31 PM
I have a lsj valvecover and the supercharger.......what kind of pcv mod does it take? Just plop your L61 cams in?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:37 PM
Not exactly. Cams are different length. You have to plug an oil galley. As for the pcv... you have to tap it in a different spot than the l61. Stock heads are cheap. Modded heads are not

Sunday, March 18, 2012 9:56 PM
pushed it over to the shop to tear into.

Planned on this for a while and I just have to make a plate for it to mount to but hopefully I can get some wiring done tomorrow.

Looking into some form of a latch system to be able to take that cover off in the event that I blow a fuse. Going to call M2 tomorrow and see how far out my head is as well.

Also, my huge investment into car cleaning products should show up this week. Lots of boxes coming in!

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:59 AM
Could you bolt your fuse panel to the bracket that is on the upper dash cover that drops down into the glove box? Since that's accessible through the glove box yet still somewhat hidden, it would make a good spot for that if there's room.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:56 AM
Im either going to make a cover plate for under there to mount it to just to get it lower in there or just the existing holes. have not decided yet. Im still tracing wires to see whats what.

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:16 PM
What is that fuse panel for?

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:06 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:What is that fuse panel for?

sunroof, power windows/locks, gauges, wideband, turbo timer, tach, cutout, and probably another thing or two that I locate that I want to re-power.

I will be uploading pics here in a little white of the progress. I think its a MILLION times better already.

Monday, March 19, 2012 6:42 PM
Before. Used this stuff you get at the dollar store called Totally Awesome on the firewall, and well you can see what one swipe did to it.

After

Started the day with this mess. even worse with more up there.

Cutout wiring up there with the EGT wiring out of the firewall.

Boost, oil pressure gauge ran through fender under cowl, into the dash.

Mounting plate I bent up and mounted the block to

Cutout for the wires to fit through

Mounted

Picked these up on ebay for $50 shipped. Said they were used, but they are in brand new condition. Still had hole punches chaff in some of the holes like they were punched yesterday. Brand new.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:39 PM
Finished the interior today. All the things connected to my fuse block work perfect! Also, my stock fuse box cover fits again as well as got this bad boy done!

Dash finished

Dash with AEM UEGO

Everything Works!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:45 PM

Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:55 PM
Why the uego over the innovate??
Saturday, April 07, 2012 4:55 PM
Got tired of messing with sensors and errors and no support to the unit. So I went with the simplified unit and hope it works out better than the other.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 5:57 PM
Is the lid magneticly held down? Figuring it bounce open when you hit a bump. Do like the idea.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:00 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Is the lid magneticly held down? Figuring it bounce open when you hit a bump. Do like the idea.

yeah Its only one for now. Its magnetic. The airbag cover has a metal backing to it that the latch sticks too. Im thinking about adding one more on the other side but so far so good. Doesnt look like it will vibrate much or bounce open.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:23 PM
I like it!!!

I like the way your bezel looks like stock, but modified.

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:26 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I like it!!!

I like the way your bezel looks like stock, but modified.

Thanks. Its filler primer that he didnt sand down. I was really impressed with it. I was expecting it to be smooth and the same stock color but when I saw it and it was textured and same color I loved it more.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:36 PM
Looking great dude. Can't wait to see this car back out and tearing up the streets.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:25 PM
Nice

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:45 PM

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search