96 Turbocharged Z24 - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 96 Turbocharged Z24
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:08 PM
450?! I'll Take 2! Looks like an awesome start. I like the your sticking to the tan interior most go for charcoal, Its nice to see something different.

Ed

Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:06 PM
I was hoping to get some opinions on this gauge pod set up. What do yall think? I've never had gauges up on the A-pillar before.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:11 PM
I dont like everyone seeing my gauges or knowing i have them. thats just me though.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:45 PM
I'm not a fan of pillar gauges because it stands out and might be a reason someone might break into my car. My gauges are in one of the middle vents, and onother on the steering column. As for your gauge layout, I'd put the w/b on the bottom because it has a bigger connection and more wires. Then I'd put the boost in the middle and oil up top.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:52 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I dont like everyone seeing my gauges or knowing i have them. thats just me though.

THIS

But if your gonna run them put the most important in the middle or in clear eye site. A pillar pods are good for this one thing, there in one of the best spots.

Thats just me thou.........

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:01 PM
Gauges look good there.

Also, lol, there is ZERO difference of having the gauges on the pillar vs having them in the center where your vents are as far as visibility is concernd. I have my gauges in both places and you can look into any window and see the gauges on the pillar or the center where the vents are.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:17 PM
I would either move the oil pressure up and the boost gauge down, or Move the oil pressure to the top, and AFR to the bottem.

FU Tuning

Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:46 PM
Alright thanks guys. I'm still playing around with them. I also have a volts and trans temp that I have been thinking of either making a bracket and putting them down at the open space in the console or in the middle vents. We'll see. Again, I appreciate the feedback.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, December 23, 2011 1:01 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Gauges look good there.

Also, lol, there is ZERO difference of having the gauges on the pillar vs having them in the center where your vents are as far as visibility is concernd. I have my gauges in both places and you can look into any window and see the gauges on the pillar or the center where the vents are.

mine was more so directed for when im at the track in staging or the water box to go down the track. Or even cruising at night. Drove cars with both ways, mine being in the center dash vs pillar. The pillar ones to me, were distracting. Always kept looking at them thinking someone was behind me. Only driving with them a few times, im sure you get used to them but to me it was a distraction.

I also like cruising on the street and having them low where who ever is next to you cant see them. "sleeper" style for me

not saying either is wrong, just my preference. You have to put them where you have to put them.

Friday, December 23, 2011 12:42 PM
turboZ24cavi wrote:Alright thanks guys. I'm still playing around with them. I also have a volts and trans temp that I have been thinking of either making a bracket and putting them down at the open space in the console or in the middle vents. We'll see. Again, I appreciate the feedback.

OEM makes the bracket to mount gauges below radio/hvac if you want to go that route.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/cecogaho.html
Friday, December 23, 2011 1:05 PM
Jordan wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:Alright thanks guys. I'm still playing around with them. I also have a volts and trans temp that I have been thinking of either making a bracket and putting them down at the open space in the console or in the middle vents. We'll see. Again, I appreciate the feedback.

OEM makes the bracket to mount gauges below radio/hvac if you want to go that route.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/cecogaho.html

Yeah I've seen it before. If I do that I'll make my own, and I'd like it to wrap around more so you can't see the guts of the gauges on the side.

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:05 PM
Some more pics...sorry they're not the best quality.

More to come...

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:17 PM
im a fan but why in gods name did you not do the 2.3 oil pump swap?

ur doing everything else nice/right, why skimp out on that?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:32 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:im a fan but why in gods name did you not do the 2.3 oil pump swap?

Is it really that much better? I got the Melling...

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:29 PM
turboZ24cavi wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:im a fan but why in gods name did you not do the 2.3 oil pump swap?

Is it really that much better? I got the Melling...

OHHHH YEAH it is. About double the output PSI.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:41 PM
yes its a much better setup. you also get to delete the balance shafts and free up some power.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:20 PM
Well eff...

I didn't realize. Seemed like a lot of people didn't do it, so I never really planned for it.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:58 PM
turboZ24cavi wrote:Well eff...

I didn't realize. Seemed like a lot of people didn't do it, so I never really planned for it.

I think your your goals you are fine.

FU Tuning

Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:32 PM
If I blow it up, then I blow it up. I can always rebuild and make things better if needed.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:32 PM
turboZ24cavi wrote:If I blow it up, then I blow it up. I can always rebuild and make things better if needed.

subscribed, i like your attitude,, you sure you're not from cape breton?
Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:32 PM
{ like}

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body / GM TUNER Bash Veteran

Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:05 PM
I know I've been slacking on work and pics. Been finding a new home for the fam and the cavy.

The car will be here in MY garage in a couple weeks or so to finish her up!

More pics of progress coming...

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:08 PM
lol Congrats

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:35 PM
Yeah, did I mention my dad is freakin' awesome. He installed the Team Green LSD insert in my auto trans!

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:58 PM
Jealous!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search