96 Turbocharged Z24 - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 96 Turbocharged Z24
Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:20 PM
might not be NEEDED but it'll help produce more power.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:12 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:might not be NEEDED but it'll help produce more power.

I assume your talking about the intercooler sprayer? Not saying more power can't be made with it, but tuning should be considered. Our ECU's are limited. So running out, or not uysing the sprayer could change the tune alot.

FU Tuning

Saturday, April 21, 2012 7:34 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:

I assume your talking about the intercooler sprayer? Not saying more power can't be made with it, but tuning should be considered. Our ECU's are limited. So running out, or not uysing the sprayer could change the tune alot.

Good point...It's at the bottom of my list anyway. Next is the MSD box to go along with the MSD 2.2 coil swap components.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:07 PM
builds looking good and deployments suck when your building a car lol

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:39 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:

ok now you know im not a tuning god like you so bare with me! LOL doesnt the tune compensate for cooler air? cuz thats all the sprayer is going to provide, colder, denser air and that creates more power.

the stock ecu is designed to tweak the tune from -X degrees to +X degrees, is it not? can you not performance tweak that, or???

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:55 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

ok now you know im not a tuning god like you so bare with me! LOL doesnt the tune compensate for cooler air? cuz thats all the sprayer is going to provide, colder, denser air and that creates more power.

the stock ecu is designed to tweak the tune from -X degrees to +X degrees, is it not? can you not performance tweak that, or???

stock ECU is TPS x RPM fueling.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 30, 2012 11:46 AM
A little update...

Here's the A-pillar gauges. I'm leaning towards painting the gauge pod tan to match the rest of the interior, but my dad is saying it contrasts well with the other black and and grey accents inside. Plus, I'm planning on getting a pretty much all black steering wheel, so maybe it will look better to me then. Thoughts? This is the order the gauges will go in though. I know some have said the A-pillar pods are not favored, but I love it.

And yes, things are getting serious. Finishing the oil return and feed lines and actually welding the intercooler piping up are really the last big things to do before start up. More would have been done this weekend, but the shop lost power early on.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, April 30, 2012 11:58 AM
Yeah I'm gonna be that guy...

This is the only blurp about my old Camaro, so don't give me a hard time about putting this in here. But my sister found these old photos and I just wanted to share real quick.

I bought this thing almost 10 years ago when I was 15. The paint wasn't perfect, but it had a strong 5.7L and great interior with a nice sound system. This is back in the day when I HATED four cylinders LOL. But aspects of this car have been some of my inspiration for my Cavi build.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, May 14, 2012 10:06 AM

Shots of the BOV, WG and finished piping coming soon. Had to order a 2in to 2.5ing coupler. I have plenty of intercooler piping left over for my brothers car though lol.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:51 AM
Nice build, makes me miss my old GT, it was once that clean lol

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:59 AM
I like how it turned out. The battery is staying in the engine bay I'm pretty sure, just with a new tray and moved back a little. Picked up the MSD DIS 2 as well thanks to Nate.

Wait...somethings missing

Probably going to try to fix the blemishes and paint it black other than the logo...

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:45 PM
My dad surprised me and installed my new hub and steering wheel for me.

I did have to compromise with my wife on the steering wheel. I was looking at getting a Momo for over $200. I picked this type R or whatever up for a lot less, and I am very pleased with how it turned out. The compromise was that I get the MSD DIS 2 and not the Momo wheel lol. It fit perfectly on the Momo hub though.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, May 25, 2012 6:00 AM
Looking good, good looking welds on that pipe. Love the wheel!

Friday, May 25, 2012 11:00 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Looking good, good looking welds on that pipe. Love the wheel!

Thanks man. Things are turning out great I think. We're still waiting on the 2 to 2.5 hose going from the turbo to pipes. Not sure what the hold up is. HPT should be here next week, too. Exhaust and paint are coming up as well.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:03 PM
Small update with pics. Still not running, but it's getting closer. The exhaust is getting done now. Still not decided on tires either.

Still have the MSD 2.2 coil conversion, paint and body, and a bunch of little things to do. It looks like I'll be coming home sooner than expected, so I'll be able to get my hands dirty with the build again soon.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:31 PM
BTW... For all your residue problems, this is what the pros use... none of that wd-40 or goo gone and a blow dryer home remedy junk...
http://www.amazon.com/Remove-Vinyl-Pinstripe-Graphics-Eraser/dp/B005FSLOKM

Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:45 AM
turboZ24cavi wrote:Hmmm, I can see them...crappy Afghanistan internet lol.

So true... My husband just got out there a few weeks ago. He had to leave his Evo back home too... Not nearly as mid project as you though. Atleast your dad is helpin you out. Good luck with everything! It's looking great!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:00 AM
Had this done a little while ago. The 3'' exhaust turned out great. It's all hidden. Just how I like it. Not even the tail pipe is seen when it's on the ground.

Not much room to work with.

One day this car will be running....

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, August 31, 2012 11:28 AM
Just a few pics. Things are moving slow, but I'll be back home fairly soon to finish her up. Yes, they are blurry...thanks Cody lol.

Back on jack stands

I'm liking the interior

HPT is on it's way! Any suggestions for tires? I'm going to get 215/45/17's, but what do ppl like as far as brands for driving on the street and drag strip?

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, August 31, 2012 9:47 PM
i have to admit.. i dont hate the interior.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, August 31, 2012 10:14 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:i have to admit.. i dont hate the interior.

Haha thanks. As far as tan interior goes it's not too shaby.

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:45 AM
Go with 225/45/17's instead.. 215's seem to look to small
Saturday, September 01, 2012 9:02 AM
I agree with 225s. When I bought my runs they had 215s and it rode rough. Chnaged to 225s and it rides much better. Both sets were kumho ecsta asxs

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, September 01, 2012 9:48 AM
Hmmm, ok. Yeah I've gone back and forth on 225 and 215 tires. My rims are only 17x7 so I figured 215 would be fine. I've been keeping my eye on Kumho ecsta's as well. Time to start looking at tires again. Luckily I can get them for cost from my dad's shop.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:28 PM
I just wanted to double check this was the correct racetronix W body fuel pump and harness before I drop $180. This is it right?

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPWH%2D025&eq=&Tp=

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPA%2D007&eq=&Tp=

Thanks

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search