Alittle preveiw for 2012. - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Alittle preveiw for 2012.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:29 AM
strat81 wrote:
Mrs Jazer wrote:I feel like I would get lost in the cones auto x ing! Lol.

The region that runs this event is notorious for over-coning the course. Usually there is a much clearer path with fewer cones.

It wouldnt be the Cone Killer Classic is there were not millions of cones out there. I would love to run a course that long that Haydu designed.

BTW, i wanna get together with Strat to put together a video of one of our favorite roads.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:13 AM
It doesn't matter how many cones there are if you don't hit them...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:31 AM
It does if you can't pick out your gates in a sea of cones... the region has a large cone budget and uses way too many cones to outline the course.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 12:51 AM
I had ? I'm gonna make a splitter for my type j front bumper. I was wondering what you did with the torsion bar? The dog bone like bar on drivers side. That connects from the subframe to the radiator support. I want mine to come as far back as the one you had made. I looked at it a couple times and looks like I would have to knotch a opening in the splitter were that bar comes into play???
Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:28 AM
That bar on my car was rusted, scraped, and bent to hell so i just ditched it. But if i kept it i would probaby had to notch the splitter.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:46 PM
So we can just ditch this bar? I have a subframe rksport bar. What is this torsion bars purpose by the way?
Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:48 PM
How did yours get bent to hell also? Is that from the frame twisting or what.
Monday, August 13, 2012 12:12 AM
So far i havent noticed any ill effects from not having it, but it's specific purpose, i do not know.

Mine got bent because the cav was quite a bit lower and on airride a few years ago.

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:52 AM
Ok maybe I'll ditch it. Would like to know what it's purpose is first though. Like your cav man it's tasteful and clean. How badass is the apr one you had made out of carbon? Is it worth it. I have apr canards and the apr mirrors with custom apr carbon mounting plates. I was just going to make mine out of break metal cause my car is low I'd rather scrape that then a beautiful carbon one ya know but carbon would complete the look of my front end I have a oem style carbon fiber hood as well.
Monday, August 13, 2012 10:55 AM
Oh and how do I post pics of my car on here. I have a iPhone and a laptop. But I guess I'm dumb lol can't figure it out to post on this forum. Would like to show you guys my jdm cav of 9 yrs of work now. And to much money lol get asked all the time why so much money in a cavalier
Monday, August 13, 2012 12:13 PM
Hey bud, just uplead all your pics to flicker then choose the med size n get the address of the pic n put the link in the pic icon in here

Modding my j since I found the org

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:32 PM
I may have to steal your splitter idea.. just saying. @!#$ looks tits, that or get my xtreme bumper on.. its a toughy!

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:20 PM
It's not stealing his idea lol thousands of cars run front splitters Apr carbon products are all well made.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:36 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:I may have to steal your splitter idea.. just saying. @!#$ looks tits, that or get my xtreme bumper on.. its a toughy!

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeet. I only did it because it was cheaper and easier than getting my Extreme Tuner @!#$ on and it is easier to replace this front if/when it gets destroyed from where im currently living.

So far the splitter has taken a few cone hits at ~40mph(enough to scuff the bumper pretty good), a few misjudged parking lot exits, and the guy who did the alignment parked too close to the parking block/stop thingy. The splitter was forced up on top of it. So far the splitter isnt giving up.

I should be getting some more C/F stuff back soonish. IMO, the car needs a spoiler. I have a 02 LSS(that we believe is Strat81's old stocker, fun fact) and the Turbosport. Both NEED some C/F touches that are proving to be a PITA for a certain JBO/KGM member.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:46 AM
I molested some of your stuff ^^ lol

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:38 AM
I lost track of my lss spoiler after selling to hrothgar

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:03 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:I molested some of your stuff ^^ lol

This is a true statement.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:33 AM
ewwwwwww^ haha

Monday, August 20, 2012 7:30 PM
New plate.

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:20 PM
I dunno if i mentioned this before but i had to tweak the "fitment" of the exhaust for line up with the LSS cutout. Now it rattles like crazy(idle/low rpms) and there isnt anything i can really do about it unless i want to melt a new "cutout" into the LSS rear. Also i have never been thrilled with the SLP "resonator" that he(Atomic) used and anyone who has seen the car can attest to how loud it is. So, im thinking another trip to RD Fabs might be happening sooner rather than later. The only catch is that i would like to have a buyer lined up for my current exhaust before i make the trip.

Also on a junkyard trip i picked up 2 more 02 LSS spoilers. So hopefully between the 3 that i have, one will turn out decent.
The proper plugs for the LSJ pre-blower sensor are done and should be sent out(to me) sometime soonish.
I should be picking up the a piece for the L61 build this weekend as long as PJ remembers to bring it.

Thats all that i can think of ATM so i will just leave you guys with 2 pics that were not taken by me.

Found online from the local Sunday night meet.

And a buddy wanted to test out some new camera gear.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:42 AM
Quote:

The proper plugs for the LSJ pre-blower sensor are done and should be sent out(to me) sometime soonish.

What is this all about???

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:12 AM
I wanted a clean, non-permanent way to plug the unused sensor hole in the Harrop and having 1 made was just a waste of time for the shop.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:58 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I wanted a clean, non-permanent way to plug the unused sensor hole in the Harrop and having 1 made was just a waste of time for the shop.

Interested to see what you have in the works

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:50 PM
I missed the plate earlier, thats pretty funny.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:36 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I wanted a clean, non-permanent way to plug the unused sensor hole in the Harrop and having 1 made was just a waste of time for the shop.

Interested to see what you have in the works

It is a "copied/improved" version of one that i bought off a someone on EF years ago. I forget/couldnt find the member originally made them(he realized the issue with the 1st version and he made a improved 2nd version, but I wasnt able to get one). If any one knows the original person who made these i would love to get their permission to continue to provide them to the community.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search