Just Couldn't Stay Away - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Just Couldn't Stay Away
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:21 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:
Mike wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Mike wrote:Real men dont use reverse lights. I havent had any since '09

um, no. I like seeing where im backing up.

You see, we live in this great area that has made wonderful use of these things called street lights. But good for you, you have an opinion.

Not all of us live in areas with street lights.

And my reverse lights are a little required. Tint is too dark to see behind me, so I have the reverse lights and reflections and use my mirrors

And also. Good for you. You also have an opinion.

Totally cool story.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:14 PM
I've never had a car where the reverse lights were bright enough to light up where I was going. Mine havent worked in 2 years, and it's yet to bother me.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, January 08, 2012 11:11 AM
I have a few updates. I've got 5% tint all the way around, including a 12" windshield strip. Also, I got a custom plate and installed a dual exhaust. They are 4" Flowmaster tips. The exhaust is still a work in progress, but everything is finally coming together.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:02 PM
Car looks good, only thing other than a drop I would do is to paint the rear light bar black to better hide the Pontiac logo.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, January 08, 2012 12:07 PM
DSMskyline wrote:Car looks good, only thing other than a drop I would do is to paint the rear light bar black to better hide the Pontiac logo.

this.

and wow, the sunfire panel looks AMAZING on there. far better than the crap gm put on thats for sure.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, January 08, 2012 1:51 PM
Im loving what you are doing, good job dude.

Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:52 PM
Clean, I like it!

Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:43 PM
Im a big fan. Wheels and a drop and you are good. I like the exhaust tips on it for sure. They look really clean. Digging it. The tint really ties it all in for sure. What else you have planned for it?

As for street lights... Yeah I would rather have bright backup lights than rely on a street light to light my path... but then again I guess I take care of my car and like to see where im going whether its forward or backward. Dont get me wrong its cool you're a baller and have not been using them since 09, but some of use like to use the features the cars come with. Especially ones that help me see at night.

If I didnt want back up lights, then I guess I shouldnt have replaced my back up switch on the trans. that would have just solved that i guess...

Sunday, January 08, 2012 5:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I had the bezel polished out, but it wore off. This spring I am going to polish it out again and clear it, so you won't be able to see the pontiac. As for what else is planned for the car, I probably won't be doing much, if anything. It's a daily and I don't want to put all my funds into the car. I just need it to look clean and simple.

Sunday, February 05, 2012 8:15 PM
Very nice! always loved the orange!
Monday, February 06, 2012 8:01 AM
Wow Vince I had to do the same thing.lol...I couldnt figure out why I had juice to my reverse light sockets but when I put it in reverse they didnt come on..Yea it was kinda tricky but I got it and fixed it..But Im really diggin your car Brent!! You can get a pretty decent drop with some Tokico blues and some sportlines..Its really not all that pricey of a mod and you get GREAT results..Congrats man!!

Monday, February 06, 2012 11:41 AM
I finally got my muffler welded up. I went with a Flowmaster 80 series crossflow muffler. I wanted a setup that would allow exhaust to exit equally from both tips. It actually doesn't sound bad at all. It is definitely a unique sound for a cavalier. Also, I made a rear strut bar with conduit from Home Depot. It cost me less than $10.00 and it was easy so I said what the hell. It is not the strongest metal, but I did notice a 15-20% increase in rigidity. I will be putting my vert front strut bar on tonight as well as relocating the ECU to the interior. Crappy Blackberry pics for now because I am at work.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:26 AM
Time for updates. I finished my 95-99 trunk conversion, as well as 35W 6000k HID's from DDM, convertible strut bar, and ECU relocation.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:25 PM
Looks good get a pair of toyota tails the orange will look good together.
Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:00 PM
i was shaking my head at the sunfire tails and dual exhaust untill...
Brent Willyard wrote:Time for updates. I finished my 95-99 trunk conversion, as well as 35W 6000k HID's from DDM, convertible strut bar, and ECU relocation.

then i was all like

keep up the good work! pleaseeeeee sportline the @!#$ out of it
Monday, March 26, 2012 10:29 AM
Finally lowered the car on Sportlines and D-Specs. The drop went smoothly with MUCH MUCH thanks to the help given to me by Joe Schulte. I couldn't be happier with the setup. I just have to go in wednesday for my alignment and play around with the different strut settings.

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:57 AM
Looks great man! Glad we got that out the way, no problem helping out, was fun actually enjoyed it.

Monday, March 26, 2012 11:45 AM
So clean I love it!

Who has the Zx2 S/R in the background?

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, March 26, 2012 12:15 PM
Ha, thanks. The S/R is my brother in law's car.

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:29 PM
I always wanted a S/R to play with.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:50 AM
The car looks great Brent!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:15 AM
Looks good for sure, hit me up sometime. Go cruise or get a beer

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:48 AM
I appreciate all of the positive feedback. Mike, we will definitely be cruising and drinking some beer soon.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:04 AM
Sounds good, drag joe out too with that sweet minivan

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:56 AM
Haha, I will give him a jingle as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search