can i get ur guys opinion on my 04 cav? - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: can i get ur guys opinion on my 04 cav?
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:46 PM
u got an eye for detail haha. but thanks i appreciate your honesty. i agree completly with you there are a lot of things that need to go and hopefully once i get the money ill make it more presentable

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:49 PM
REDECO wrote:yea eibach sportlines and tokico d-specs. (thats what i have)

look on ebay and that will give you a rough estimate on price NEW.

keep a look out in the classifieds.
just know the number one rule is to not install aftermarket lowering springs on stock struts/springs.

j/k but seriously dont do this it rides like garbage altho i did run my best time with ebay coil overs on stock struts

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:52 PM
cavi2sunfire if u do decide to sell pm me. im definatly interested
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:00 PM
would be your best investment ^^

DOPER.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:08 PM
Dyllon Slatcher wrote:u got an eye for detail haha. but thanks i appreciate your honesty. i agree completly with you there are a lot of things that need to go and hopefully once i get the money ill make it more presentable

not a problem. like i said search around and see what works for you. if you looking for overall then just scroll threw the post in this section. if you want a specialty like suspension then SEARCH the section. so much stuff has been covered especially since this a dead platform. that most likely there is a post about it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:14 PM
gonna post any interior and engine bay pics now?

DOPER.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:21 PM
Nice to see another delaware member pop up on here again.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:38 PM
I will start off by saying it doesnt looks bad, we have all seen much worse. The fit and finish of the fenders and kit look good, and i think they both look decent. I agree with the rest about the decal,tails,neons and needing a drop. Spoiler isnt bad its better that a 3 foot high aluminium wing. Painting the handles and mirrors will help it look cleaner. I would personally lower it first. Wheels arent my style but they will look much better with it lowered. If you like those tails go with the carbon fiber style.

Bruce

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:53 PM
Im glad you are asking in a professional way. That right there shows that you are working in the correct direction.

The biggest eye sore for me, is those fenders. They just look way off on the car. My eye goes right toward them. But as stated before, graphics, which I saw you said are coming off, color the tails, and lowering... Now, I had that kit before, Really didnt mind it except for the sides not looking anything like the rest of the kit but I really dont think it looks bad, especially in your color. BE CAREFUL LOWERING WITH THAT KIT ON THE CAR. I had coilovers and it was LOW and that kit is especially low. Just be very careful if you do lower it.

All around you have a great slate to start with. I like your attitude on it and look forward to seeing the progress.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:59 PM
i agree on the good attitude..

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:03 PM
omg jbody.org sacrilige! its a cavalier, if youre on jbody, you need toyo tails, lowered on sportlines with konis, or coilovers, spoilerless trunk, ls lip, tint the corners amber so you look like a jdm civic, paint some sh*t black, body color door handles and mirrors, short shifter and your set. oh, and anything you do to your car because you like it is wrong because its not like every other car on this site. and dont do anything other enthusiasts are doing to there cars , stick with the same style these trolls have been doing to there cars since you could buy a ld9 equiped car new from the factory. because everything else is "just a trend"

oh, and dont ask questions to try and further your knowledge cause then youre a newb

welcome to jbody

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:07 PM
Cody Shaw wrote:omg jbody.org sacrilige! its a cavalier, if youre on jbody, you need toyo tails, lowered on sportlines with konis, or coilovers, spoilerless trunk, ls lip, tint the corners amber so you look like a jdm civic, paint some sh*t black, body color door handles and mirrors, short shifter and your set. oh, and anything you do to your car because you like it is wrong because its not like every other car on this site. and dont do anything other enthusiasts are doing to there cars , stick with the same style these trolls have been doing to there cars since you could buy a ld9 equiped car new from the factory. because everything else is "just a trend"

oh, and dont ask questions to try and further your knowledge cause then youre a newb

welcome to jbody

he was asking for opinions... people gave them. whats the gripe about. if hes not bothered by it, then why in the world should you be?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:19 PM
StatiCav. wrote:
Cody Shaw wrote:omg jbody.org sacrilige! its a cavalier, if youre on jbody, you need toyo tails, lowered on sportlines with konis, or coilovers, spoilerless trunk, ls lip, tint the corners amber so you look like a jdm civic, paint some sh*t black, body color door handles and mirrors, short shifter and your set. oh, and anything you do to your car because you like it is wrong because its not like every other car on this site. and dont do anything other enthusiasts are doing to there cars , stick with the same style these trolls have been doing to there cars since you could buy a ld9 equiped car new from the factory. because everything else is "just a trend"

welcome to jbody

he was asking for opinions... people gave them. whats the gripe about. if hes not bothered by it, then why in the world should you be?

lol. azn you forgot this is the tool trying lower his car on jdm civic springs because he's a "cheap sob"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:20 PM
oh no i didnt forget,.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:22 PM
Cody no where in my post did it say toyo tails or specify a suspension, how bout that i even mentioned the wing was alright. Yes all sites have people who come to a similar agreement. State your likes and dislikes and end it at that. Dont jack a person post, seriously. If your that emotionally distressed about jbo then dont be part of the site. Chill bro life has bigger issues

Bruce

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:05 PM
sorry im just sick of almost everyone on this site always doing the exact same thing to their cars, and if its not done like that, everyone says change it, i think i am gonna stay off this site, you guys are too much like a cult lol. guy did something diferrent kudos to him.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:10 PM
find one site that isnt like this one.. even the stance sites are the same.. in person people are the same, get over it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:34 PM
Cody Shaw wrote:sorry im just sick of almost everyone on this site always doing the exact same thing to their cars, and if its not done like that, everyone says change it, i think i am gonna stay off this site, you guys are too much like a cult lol. guy did something diferrent kudos to him.

you do see that we are offering suggestions to him right? Overall most people are liking his car. He asked what we didnt like and replied with, I already planned on changing that stuff anyway... I really dont see your argument in this thread.... most are giving him kudos, along with suggestions....

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:30 AM
i'll just leave this here
Nuff said

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:56 AM
thanks guys. i understand i dont have the best looking cav around im just trying to get peoples honest opinion. and as for the interior pics and angine bay pics. there isnt much to show with that. interior is basically stock with the painted dash.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:11 PM
Bah, you seem like a good guy who's just looking to see what's going on in a new world. Nothing wrong with that. Here are my opinions, though they differ slightly from the majority..

One, I like the neon. All of it. In fact, there's a local selling a blue undercarriage neon kit that I plan on picking up. But then again, I go to a lot of industrial/metal shows where neon lighting is the norm.

Two, I love the Razzi skirts. I love them so much that I ditched the Type J skirts and door strikes in favor for Razzi's, and much to my luck, they tie in well with the Type J bumpers. Although, I've always hated the look of the Razzi front bumper. And the '03-'05 front end in general. Oh, and the wing isn't bad at all.

I like painted interior pieces as well, as long as it's done RIGHT.. and it's not overdone. Just the dash bezel alone isn't overkill.

But the graphics and tails, I do agree with. But I've always hated graphics anyway. And I have the same tails, but mine are in carbon.. which I did because I was planning on getting a carbon trunk lid too. With yours, I'd tint them red (any other color will likely draw unwanted attention from the local 5-0). Of course, if that's not a bother, you could go the Euro route and tint them whatever color you want.

I like the wheels, too. But I agree about the suspension. I'm a slut for slammed j's, so to me, the lower is definitely the better. I do have a set of coilovers I'm selling.. maybe.. my gf expressed interest in them since she plans on getting a sedan, but keep that in mind. Just remember, the Classifieds here are your friend, as well as keeping up with your region's forum.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:18 PM
I like this guy's attitude.

Welcome to the site.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:50 PM
Looks good, I say tint the tails, lower it, and remove the graphics. Keep it clean and call it a day.

If you're still looking, I have a set of sportlines for sale in the classifieds.

Welcome to the .org!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:43 PM
its a great site ive been on here for a while now but just now figured out how to post pictures. haha but thanks guy if all of u guys are going to the bash hopefully ill have everything done to it as i plan to do.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:09 PM
I like it! A drop is a must though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search