Vette Wheels - Page 17 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:50 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:The army called, they want their tank's engine mount back.

-Chris-

Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:23 PM
Any updates Jeff? Hungry for some progress pics!

Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:44 PM
Well.

Got the mount bored out for the allen head bolts to sit in. Ordered the bolts, the ones that showed up were not the ones I ordered, they're too short. Great. They'll work for now but will need to be changed before the car is driveable.

The mount is a total success, I may clean it up a little, and will definitely be painting it, but for now I couldn't be happier.

Onto the bad news.

With the engine now fully seated where it will be permanently, I decided I'd put the suspension back toghether and check clearances of axles and things.

Clearance, there is none.

The axles are resting against the frame rail on either side, and the left side axle is playing kissy-kissy with the brake lines.

@!#$ awesome.

Yep... probably not gonna touch the car for a few days, seeing as I currently loathe it.

Cavaliers were not meant to be low.

On to the pictures

And how the car will sit for the next while.

Bah humbug.
Saturday, June 30, 2012 11:24 PM
Quit your crying and get to cutting!

Sunday, July 01, 2012 12:02 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Quit your crying and get to cutting!

This please.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, July 01, 2012 6:17 AM
Yeah man after all you have done you cant let this slow you down! Just gotta add somemore Wybrowness to it is all

Sunday, July 01, 2012 11:16 AM
On my Passat, the guy I bought it from what talking about C-notching the framework to make it clear when the FKs are fully-dropped. The brakelines aren't an issue, but the axle rub is. Just food for thought, dude.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, July 01, 2012 12:41 PM

Sunday, July 01, 2012 6:01 PM
I'm aware I have to notch. I'm just pissed that I have to make two more seeing as I've already made 4 just to raise the engine. The engine, in the last two weeks has been in and out 9 times each.

This thing is just wearing me down, that's all.

And Adam, I used to have a bagged minitruck - that frame work is SCARY on that video you posted. 90* angles are not strong, especially 2" box tubing and a v8. Yikes.
Monday, July 02, 2012 9:43 AM
I hear you on that one, man. That's why all the @!#$ that broke on the Passat during my road trip last month is still broken, and why the Pearl has been off the road for the last two years. Just tired of dealing with @!#$.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:26 PM
Well, engine is out for the tenth time in two weeks.

Praying to god, jesus, allah, buddha and whoever-the-@!#$-else for motivation to start notching the rails YET again.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 1:07 AM
Good luck buddy!

Thursday, July 05, 2012 9:30 PM
Well, found some rare motivation late tonight, so I figured I had better run with it. Got one frame rail notch done start to finish. I feel it turned out pretty good, was a complete @!#$ to do, but I got it done.

Bad thing is - this is the easy side I think.

Anyways, heres what it all looked like prior:

left side:

right side:

and the notch:

I also finally snagged a pic of where my engine now sits in relation to the subframe. 3"+ feels good.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:33 PM
Wow, that is alot of clearance with the oil pan. Quick, get this done so you can hit I75 before it gets repaved and beat your Everest! lol

Friday, July 06, 2012 5:21 AM
wow very nice clearance

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, July 07, 2012 9:52 AM
Thanks fellas
Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:57 PM
Looks good. Is your adjuster hitting the boot now?

J

Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:59 AM
^ It's about an 1/8 of an inch away, the angle of the pic just makes it look like it touches
Monday, July 09, 2012 8:38 PM
Had a real good few days, both notches are done and the engine is, for the most part back together.

I've purchased the larger Saab turbo and am having it rebuilt and having the compressor side upgraded (exact same as Ryan's setup). The small setup has been sold.

Tonight I got mostly everything non-turbo related done, I still need to modify the bracket that holds the brake prop valve, but that will be rather easy. I'm going to have to build a solid upper rad pipe-hose type thing to feed the need for a hard couple of bends from the rad to the head. Aside from that, I'm going to build a complete new downpipe and set of charge pipes, seeing as my whole previous setup has been sold.

The Saab intake manifold is proving to be one of the best pieces in aiding to fit the engine the way it sits now. The t-map sensor can actually be bolted into the manifold now and everything fits beautifully, all under the hood.

Anyways, onto the pics as usual. They are less than exciting, as it looks pretty much the same as it did a couple of months ago.

Bare with me, they'll get more interesting soon enough.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:21 AM
Awesome stuff Jeff, think you guys might come out again this summer?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:34 AM
I hope so man! I'd love to hit up Woodward once more at least before the year is out.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:08 AM
Damn bro you got some awesome skills!! Looks great and cant wait to see the final product.. Seems like the new turbo kit will be ALOT more eficiant and glad to see that your still get the boost..lol.. GREAT job and really nice fab work that you have done!! Two thimbs up!!!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:12 PM
Its getting their!

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:40 PM
Hey Jeff could you throw a dog a bone here and maybe take a pic of your new wheels or something lmao!

Friday, July 13, 2012 12:44 PM
Adam Risden wrote:Hey Jeff could you throw a dog a bone here and maybe take a pic of your new wheels or something lmao!

That might present a slight issue. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search