Vette Wheels - Page 44 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Friday, April 19, 2013 8:58 PM
Beyond beautiful! Excited to see pics installed in the car

Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:18 AM
Love it!

Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:59 PM
Thanks fellas!

I drove 3 hours one way last night in my truck with a motor swap that had been running for only two days prior to pick up my dash. Needless to say I was a little skeptical pre-trip but all went problem free, thankfully.

The dash looks amazing in person, the texture is there, the colours are great, I love absolutely everything about it.

I took it directly to the shop and wrapped it in a blanket and came home. I am genuinely scared to destroy this thing. And then I keep just keep thinking to myself, "This thing was completely @!#$, it can be fixed again."

So I put some gauges in it tonight, and the radio and got really excited. This is the biggest piece of the car that scared the @!#$ out of me, is DONE.

Without further ado:

Just sayin'...

Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:30 PM
OMG!....

I can't feel my legs!

I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!!!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:31 PM
whered you get the usb jack im wanting to add some to the fire for charge ports.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:37 PM
LOL thats nice.

Listen to our new single, called CRY CRY CRY, by John H.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:21 AM
U do realize that you coulda crashed at my place right? Lol
Look amazing, great job wayde.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:26 AM
I tried to get him @!#$tered at my place but there was no having it. I think he was too excited about the dash

Glad I could be of some assistance to the build buddy!

and thanks Darren!

Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:09 AM
Holy work of art... that thing is gorgeous!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:43 AM
The dash does look really good. Willing to give any info on getting the texture like that?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:13 AM
Spencer, the USB jack is part of the deck. It's hard-wired into the back of the deck.

I wound up meeting up with some friends downtown Toronto, raced an NSX and wound up staying at my Sister's apartment.

DSMSkyline: Wayde gave me the aerosol he used and told me to "hold it back a foot". Honestly not even sure the make of the paint, but it is designed to make that texture (I think?)

Thanks guys, I'm still in love with this thing. Ryan and I are going to try and fit it today and make any adjustments necessary for the booster.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:16 AM
its a spray bomb made by SEM. Google that @!#$.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:43 PM
Well, with the help of a good friend today I got the dash "mounted". With a HUGE sigh of relief I am happy to report that everything fits comfortably over-top the brake set-up. We had to trim a very minor amount of plastic to make it fit. I still have some more minor adjustments to make but that will wait until I am ready to mount the dash for good. This week I will focus on finishing the brake set-up and making sure that works.

I am still in disbelief that everything with this dash has come together so well.

Fit pre-column:

You can still see where I need to make a minor trim around the fluid fill cap.

Column in and Toyota Cavalier steering wheel installed (will not be using this for good, but I am running out of money FAST and I want to at least make the car "look" like it's finished for the Fitted meet May 25th)

There is one probably with how the bezel is set-up. Where the radio is placed it runs headlong into the steel framework of the dash. Luckily, I can weld and will have no problem at all re-routing that framework to clear the radio.

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I've had seats "set aside" for me for a few weeks. They're Corbeau fixed-backs. I've always wanted a very basic seat and these fit the docket almost perfectly. I'll be picking them up whenever my bank account has recooperated from the major hit it took for the fuel cell and dash work.

I think that's all for now. Back to fab work on the car this week.

Feeling damn good about where the car is sitting at this point.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 3:55 PM

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:11 PM
get-r-done

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:20 PM
wayde the chubb that jeff would have had you probably wouldn't want him plastered at your place

looking good jeff

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:35 PM
I know, I am locking my doors tonight and I am about 20 mins away. Hahaha

Was glad I could help you get that thing in today buddy. Still staring at pictures tho
Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:56 PM
Good choice on seats...i love my corbeau fx-1's, super comfortable

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:52 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, April 22, 2013 7:40 AM
RHD goodness!

Monday, April 22, 2013 7:49 AM
I may or may not take a big dookie in those seats next time I see Dan.

Enjoy!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:26 AM
Thanks, fellas. Gonna have a go at making the brakes actually work soon. That would be neat. Then it's on to the clutch.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:37 AM
Looks amazing dude!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:44 AM
Went out to the shop with pure intent to finish cleaning up after the tornado that went through the last couple weeks. Cleaned for an hour or so then got distracted and somehow wound up starting on this years skid plate.

It is, basically, going to be an extension of the factory subframe, connecting to the front rad cradle, with the entirety of the drivetrain covered.

My cousin folded up these pieces for me (I've had them going on two months and have been focused elsewhere).

I traced the factory dogbone lower engine mount onto one end of each, and drilled and radiused them, and then cut them to length.

It's hard to picture it now, and unfortunately I didn't get to go any farther last night as this took entirely too long (I need a mill).

If you can picture it, these will extend from the subframe, with a big plate in the middle, that will also extend into the center of the subframe. I'll be mounting my catch can, meth pump and using this as my dog-bone mount bracketry aswell. It will be quite the sight when finished.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:41 AM
I have full intent on cleaning your shop and also being distracted with building a skid plate for my car.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search