95 Sunfire 2.2 turbo build. 250HP or bust! - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 95 Sunfire 2.2 turbo build. 250HP or bust!
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:33 PM
Well, I basically took the intake manifold off and took it to a machine shop that had a 3 or 5 axis CNC and said make the injector hole fit a top feed injector, keeping the same depth and everything. Then I used a 98+ motor 2200 fuel rail which lines up well. You just have to bend the mounting arms(careful not to cause a hairline crack when bending).
Then I found out I needed a spacer so the throttle would open since it now ran into the new fuel rail. Used the 19lbd injectors from a 2200 motor to start it up, still running with those now.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:35 PM
Here's my original thread on the conversion.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=298508&t=298508#298508

Sunday, May 19, 2013 11:37 PM
Updates?

2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER VL BASE SEDAN.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:11 PM
So, I've started another big task on this car, which is to replace the drivers quarter panel. I'm starting a 10 week class for auto body work where they teach you how to do whatever you want to learn, and work on a project car. So, I plan to replace this panel, and prep the car for a re-paint.

After scouring the internet, I found a place that sold a genuine GM quarter panel part for my 21 year old sunfire.

Now I just need to get started on drilling out the spot welds, and get this one put in.

back side

Sunday, January 17, 2016 6:17 PM
thats awesome, whered you find that?
Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:15 AM
Havent seen this thread in a while. ....sub'd

Friday, January 29, 2016 11:31 AM
Spencer wrote:thats awesome, whered you find that?

ebay, lol. Was not cheap. About $1,000. In retrospect, I probably should have just bought the bottom repair piece and welded that in.

Other general update. I just need to get back onto how to tune this 1995 weird OBD1.5 engine computer. in the long run, this will most likely require me to relocate the ECU to somewhere closer to the inside cabin, since I believe I need to run a ribbon cable into it, for dynamic programming/flashing.

Friday, January 29, 2016 4:03 PM
When i had the 95 ecu, i extended all the ecu wires and passed them into the passenger fender and put the ecu under the glove box. Time consuming but not that hard.

Monday, February 01, 2016 2:26 PM
So, I returned the quarter panel to the seller I got it from, after great penalty in shipping $$$ to myself, and got a patch piece instead, at the advice of my Body shop instructor. Hopefully, can get the rust cut out and put back in.

Also, I got a little carried away, thinking I was in a tank and kinda hit some snow today, and this happened to my passenger side side skirt. Anyone know where I can find some GM side skits?

Friday, February 05, 2016 6:45 AM
so, did my first body shop class on Wednesday. Was able to get all the rust cut away from the quarter panel, and primed to seal it until next week.

After taking the side skirt off, the lower part of the quarter literally fell off.

After a little grinding.

I did a bunch more grinding but didn't get any pictures before priming.

I thought it was interesting that there were those 2 curved indentations on the inner quarter. Anyone know what those are? maybe just done to create strength and rigidity in the metal, not sure.
I guess next week, I might clean it up some more, weld in some of the holes, and maybe, just maybe, get the patch piece prepped for welding on.

Friday, February 05, 2016 9:16 AM
i litearrly bought the same piece and did this 2 weeks ago.... too funny, also did the gas cap punch out.... replaced all that metal there too..

those dented sposts were not present on my 95

Monday, February 08, 2016 8:41 AM
really? now i wonder where those bumps are from on my car. Maybe some previous crash, or impact... dunno.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search