Favorite old school pics - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Favorite old school pics
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:43 PM

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:51 PM

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:29 PM
This thread brings back a lot of memories. I recognize at least 90% of the cars that have been posted.
strat81 wrote:2004 i believe....

the red sunfire (belonged to raskal) was a former B&M racing car (I believe built for SEMA?)

Pretty sure I saw Raskal's old Sunfire for sale in a local car classifieds magazine about a month ago.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:35 PM
I think I posted 120 pics lmao! Those pics I posted are a huge part of jbody history

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:57 PM
i havent seen some of those pictures in a long time. wow.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:19 PM
Adam Risden wrote:

That car was built 1.5 miles away from me in my hole in the wall small town.

Error: Sig not found.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:27 PM
Adam Risden wrote:

did that cav have a chopped roof?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:35 PM
It sure did and that pic was taken on his wedding day, thus the fuzzy things in his wheels... Tinkles that is very cool that you lived next to Jeremy Varner! That was an awesome build to watch progress!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 5:53 PM
chop to cavy is so freakin awesome
Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:05 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:This thread brings back a lot of memories. I recognize at least 90% of the cars that have been posted.
strat81 wrote:2004 i believe....

the red sunfire (belonged to raskal) was a former B&M racing car (I believe built for SEMA?)

Pretty sure I saw Raskal's old Sunfire for sale in a local car classifieds magazine about a month ago.

I was pissed when he got rid of it... he whole saled the car pretty much the way it sat. I would have loved to own that car. he had parts to do a cavfire conversion but just lost interest in it.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:06 PM
Not sure if anyone has pictures of these cars, and I can't remember their names but would love to see pictures: the sunfire that had the original clear tails, believe he was from canada, also had a custom hood with an offset scoop. The teal blue cav from I'd say 03 - 04, import fighter front, carbon hood, custom turbo,really pushed the limits of power on his LD9. Pretty sure the guy went into the military and got rid of the car.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:12 PM
Ginostyle was the sunfire, doesn't seem to be any archived threads of his car. Though this one has the tail replicas he built for jayfire: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=172952&t=172952#172952

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:20 AM
trends have changed so much, so many unique styles in this thread, loved it all

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:56 PM
Adam Risden wrote: Tinkles that is very cool that you lived next to Jeremy Varner! That was an awesome build to watch progress!

Ehh, i guess. The shop he was with at the time didnt have the best rep around here, but they did have a few cool s-dimes.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:12 PM
so much sessyness does anyone know where they picked up those carbon fiber front splitters?
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:50 PM
Heath Snouffer wrote:so much sessyness does anyone know where they picked up those carbon fiber front splitters?

APR will custom make one....

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:54 PM
Spencer wrote:chop to cavy is so freakin awesome

QFT
Monday, February 27, 2012 9:21 AM
Wow. I remember so many of these cars. If I remember later. I'll dig up some of the pictures I've saved over the years.

Here's a couple of my Sunbird. I still have it but I've not touched it in a year and a half =(. Completely stock but I love it.

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Monday, February 27, 2012 9:54 AM
Wow soooo many memories of cars I envied and loved. What ever happened to Race Tech and Joe's Cavy? Anyone know?

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Monday, February 27, 2012 11:16 AM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Wow soooo many memories of cars I envied and loved. What ever happened to Race Tech and Joe's Cavy? Anyone know?

Well he took the turbo kit off and sold it to one of his customers just before he closed down shop. Now he has been trying to sell it for ALOT of money for the past 6 years or so.

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:38 AM
Damn, memories for sure!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, February 27, 2012 12:48 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:This thread brings back a lot of memories. I recognize at least 90% of the cars that have been posted.

This. Thanks for posting them up. Nostalgia time ftw!

Monday, February 27, 2012 12:48 PM
Damn I was hoping Race Tech hadn't closed down but they def kinda backed themselves in the corner with the focus on J-bodies and Fiero's. I currently own one of the first 3800s/c swaps they did in a 94z24 and daily drive the thing My buddy also still has a turbo Fiero that they did work on back in the day and tuned for him.

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Monday, February 27, 2012 1:40 PM
I always loved that Cavalier. That thing was clean as hell.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search