the real solution to SS injectors!!! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: the real solution to SS injectors!!!
Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:23 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Will I need these to run the LSJ injectors on my LD9?

You have to slot the bolt holes on the fuel rail to run these injectors on a LD9, not hard to do.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:19 AM
So that would aceive a different angle on the injecotrs? Don't do much LD9 stuff... Just wondering..

Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:42 PM
jason norwood wrote:So that would aceive a different angle on the injecotrs? Don't do much LD9 stuff... Just wondering..

No the injectors are shorter, if you slot the holes on the rail the rail goes down lower and still bolts to the same holes. Like it was stock.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:45 PM
jason norwood wrote:Mr.Thompson.... Not a marketing ploy, the link was to a video... confused on your comment. Not all blocks on the fuel rails are removable, also this does not effect spray pattern, clearly stated in the video....

Roofy, sorry I hear that from a lot of people that buy these

I was meaning that if the injector is to short, that means it is not at the proper depth into the head. So the cup should be made to be on top of the injector instead of the bottoms. This would place the bottom of the injector at the proper depth into the cylinder head.

The point of the marketing ploy is because your selling it. Not a hey look at what I had made for me. Its cool you have a local to do this for you. Just a thought also. Why is he not doing this on a cnc lathe. Production time would be cut down as well as labor cost.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:51 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:This site STILL cracks me up, someone trying to make mods for a DEAD J platform a little easier and some of you come in here and try to shoot him and the idea down. You dont like it, so what, kick ricks and move on and keep using washers for your injectors. Be glad someone is trying to make a tiny mod a little easier for us. I wish Jason was doing this back in 2010 when I needed spacers for my injectors, I had to get them custom made from a place who dont know jack @!#$ about the J platform.

And so what if this isn't the right forum, hell id rather see this than the half ass useless circa 2000 modifications that mostly are in the P&M right now

Nice job Jason, keep it up.

Damn David. Bad day? Lol. I was trying to point out you don't see jeffie in here slinging his parts and when he does it is in the proper section. I was just pointing out my thoughts since I am entering in to this field of part design and manufacturing. Trust me here in the next month or so I will be putting out some custom parts for this dead platform also. Lol.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:02 PM
Mr Thompson, I dont think there are many people on here that would invest in a cnc machine to make minimal money on these parts, also cnc pattern would take a while..

As far as spacers should be at the top end... Doesn't effect drivability, and also none of us on here will ever have the power to need to analyze spray patterns of these compared to stock.

Bottom line I was selling these months before now and everyone that has bought them is thrilled with them, I suppose there will always be people that want to over analyze things.... Lol

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:10 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:This site STILL cracks me up, someone trying to make mods for a DEAD J platform a little easier and some of you come in here and try to shoot him and the idea down. You dont like it, so what, kick ricks and move on and keep using washers for your injectors. Be glad someone is trying to make a tiny mod a little easier for us. I wish Jason was doing this back in 2010 when I needed spacers for my injectors, I had to get them custom made from a place who dont know jack @!#$ about the J platform.

And so what if this isn't the right forum, hell id rather see this than the half ass useless circa 2000 modifications that mostly are in the P&M right now

Nice job Jason, keep it up

^^^What David said!!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, March 02, 2012 5:05 AM
Agreed.

Friday, March 02, 2012 6:44 AM
jason norwood wrote:Mr Thompson, I dont think there are many people on here that would invest in a cnc machine to make minimal money on these parts, also cnc pattern would take a while..

As far as spacers should be at the top end... Doesn't effect drivability, and also none of us on here will ever have the power to need to analyze spray patterns of these compared to stock.

Bottom line I was selling these months before now and everyone that has bought them is thrilled with them, I suppose there will always be people that want to over analyze things.... Lol

I disagree with that

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Friday, March 02, 2012 7:55 AM
lol.... okay I knew someone would..

Friday, March 02, 2012 8:44 AM
i say kudos to coming up with a fix to the problem that is pretty cost friendly if it were me i would buy longer injectors tho.

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:08 AM
Ya, we will have people that will go that route too...

This is for the people that do not though lol..

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:44 AM
jason norwood wrote:Mr Thompson, I dont think there are many people on here that would invest in a cnc machine to make minimal money on these parts, also cnc pattern would take a while..

for what he does it probably does not justify it, but if you have access to a shop that did have a cnc you could bulk order and save money. cnc pattern for that part is probably 1 hr tops. especially since the part is already made. but kudos on what your doing.

Friday, March 02, 2012 10:06 AM
Yep... do have access to a cnc machine, just do these as they come.. ya know.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:49 AM
Make these for the LD9 dammit!!!!!!!!!

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 1:01 PM
Send me your set up closer than a few months out dammit. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search