Saab water Tees being made - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saab water Tees being made
Monday, February 27, 2012 6:49 AM
Here is a video of making the Saab Water Tees in billett, they are 75 a set shipped. This allows you to run a exact same tee as the Saab however instead of the crappy plastic water tees that crack and break. Please pm me if interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfpIcUgzF2s&feature=plcp&context=C322aeedUDOEgsToPDskL21i2inLYluJ7pqJx4JoC0

Re: Saab water Tees being made
Monday, February 27, 2012 6:33 PM
how offen do these apparent crappy tees break cause most cars have a plastic coolant fitting and for the cost of 75 bucks is very steap compard to plastic

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, February 27, 2012 7:24 PM
The price maybe steep but well well worth it... Very high quality pieces.....

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:35 PM
You do realize not a 2.4 that this is for 2 tees correct? Also before we priced these after finding out what the Saab tee costs right?? If you have seen or bought a set like slowcav then you would realize it...

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:42 PM
I was hoping to see them machined from a solid chunk of billet not and bee all 3 legs from one piece not be a coupling with a threaded barb added. Its a decent piece but not worth the $75 to me.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:54 PM
I have to agree somewhat. The piece does not have to be a solid bar. Making it out a solid bar does nothing. If anything it makes the machining process take longer and add to the cost. On the other side, it looks homemade. You can tell his milling center isnt even running true. For $75 it took him about 2hr so 37.50 an hour with material is really cheap. You wont be able to get a machinest to make that cheaper ( unless u " know someone")

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, February 27, 2012 8:20 PM
Well, sold lots of sets of these on here as well as injector cups for the ss injectors to fit the 2003-2005 rails, mark do you think you could make a better piece for less? Friendly challenge?

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:23 PM
Jason, Quantity is everything If I got an order 10-15 Sure could probably around $55. For one or two units, no way. I was saying he has a very good price, but the product is not 100%.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, February 27, 2012 8:34 PM
I have sold over 10 sets thus far, would be open to what you think may need to be different. The heater core tee was made from bar stock, however the bigger one was not.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:33 AM
The set I bought looks perfectly centered and machines correctly... I'm very pleased with my set Jason....

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:20 AM
Cool, that is what we like to hear!

Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:12 AM
Jason the parts look good. Are you local to the Grasshut guy in Detroit? I think it's cool you found a small guy who was willing to make the parts for you saab guys.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:04 AM
No I live in the suburbs, he lives about 5 minutes from my house, we live by royal oak if u know where that is..

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:47 AM
No @!#$ my buddy used to rent a house in Royal oak, he drove a conquest on bags and a lincoln mark7 with side pipes. I forget what town he moved to but I used to head out there for dream cruise and eat, beats...n. something. I forget the name of the fest. It's a nice area I like it.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:25 AM
Yep and full of us streetbike guys, also a lot of modded j-body's and other cars...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search