Vert Build. Can never have too many! - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vert Build. Can never have too many!
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:57 AM
Oh yeah, LKQ is awesome.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:33 PM
A lot cleaner, I had thought it was blue at first, and it's a different spoiler than I thought

That was the first time I had ever seen an eco J there, and they had 4! Too bad the 03+ fire had a smashed front
They also had A LOT of 2200 J's, though none with a F23

Now on jack stands
Friday, August 03, 2012 7:22 PM
It's been a while since I've been on... Sooo yeah... this was a few days ago

Now on jack stands
Saturday, August 18, 2012 7:53 PM

Now on jack stands
Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:40 PM
Very nice work so far dude.

Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:22 AM
nice!
Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:31 PM

and how the cavalier sits, after changing the fuel pump and filter, it blew the fuel line

a fuel line and mounts to come tomorrow

Now on jack stands
Monday, August 20, 2012 7:12 AM
looks good, how the hell you gonna put a belt on haha?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:02 AM
I like where this is going.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:00 AM
like!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:34 AM
Did I miss the part where you decided to switch to the F40? What's the plan for the clutch?

Nice work so far. Really interested in the trans fitment. I've been contemplating that for a while now, and I'm thinking it's gonna have to be done.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:45 AM
Not really, it happened on a whim when I found you can buy the F40's new for $400. Spec makes a clutch kit for the 3800 with an F40 trans, thanks to the Grand Prix guys and the Fiero guys for refining it.

With running a stock N-body front suspension, as long as I make the Jack shaft bolt to the block, stock G6 axles fit.

To make the trans fit in the car, I did have to trim a bit of the bracing around the differential off to make it fit around the sub frame, and I think I will have to take a little out of the uni-body frame rails to give the trans some wiggle room

Custom mounts have to be made for it to fit in a J-body, I am going to make it mount to the sub frame like the engine

It has been done in a J-body before

Now on jack stands
Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:00 AM
Ah, yeah. I wanna scoop one up before they're all gone. Last I checked they only had like 8 left out of about 40 they started with. I didn't know there was a 3800 kit for the F40. That makes it easier. I'm gonna have to do something custom for the 3400.

I know the frame clearancing. Didn't know about the subframe issue, but I won't have that problem. Just gotta make some mounts.

Good to know about the G6 axles. I hadn't yet researched the output size/spline count of the tranny, but I'll add that info to my notes.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:28 AM
They had 54 in Mason, MI when I picked up mine, but it sounded like the Fiero guys had been buying quite a few of them. It's been done in a Grand am and an Alero already

Grand Prix

It sounds like Cobalt axles from a supercharged motor work as well, though I hear the turbocharged axles are different

Now on jack stands
Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:21 PM
Photo dump!

That's it with the big updates until spring time

First 6-speed in a 3rd Gen
Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:31 AM
Nice work, man. Looks good.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 12:44 PM
Thanks

Been working on the cav, it got a fuel pump, the main fuel line and a brake line last weekend.

Thought I had all the leaks fixed so I filled it up with fuel and drove back to school. Found puddles under the car the next morning

Found the problem

The solution, hard to see, but its a plastic tank

still have to drop it again to see if I can get my fuel gauge to read right, stops at about half a tank
I did manage to get her all cleaned and polished with one JBO sticker on

Get my sender fixed, get new tires and hopefully she will be good for a while... Then maybe I can fix the cruise control

Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:47 PM
dude you are doing a awesome job on both cars.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:17 PM
Thanks man, but honestly they aren't as good as they look

and out of curiosity, how much would it cost me for a set of your N-body coilovers?

Saturday, September 01, 2012 9:46 PM
i haven't got it perfected yet. the other thing i have noticed that none of the coilover companies use the same parts. they look similiar but size bolt patterns or what not. if you bought a set of the godspeed coilovers i could help you out on the top bearing plates. now for the lowers i still tossing ideas around. most likely what i will do is make the plates with the bolt pattern and shape. then i would leave it to you to get them welded on.

the other option is to get the set you want and get a hold of me to see what i can help you with.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:00 PM
Welding is not an issue for me, I rather enjoy it and I'm told I'm not half bad at it, but I don't have access to a C&C machine so I would have to outsource the mounts anyway

I talk about this now, but really I won't be doing anything until April.. Maybe I will have the coilovers ordered in beforehand

Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:48 PM
You wouldn't need the access to the cnc machine, that's where I come in. I would actually do the design in solid works and send it out to a laser house to cut them. After I get them back and check the parts out send them to you. That's the nice part about the suspension modification is its all flat stock modifications. Which is why its all easy to do. The only reason I want to use cad and send out the plates to a laser cutter is to cut back on the amount of error and to keep it uniform. You could actually do it all in the garage with a tape measure, drill, and cut-off wheel if you wanted to.

Like I said I have to fully figure out what design I want to make for the lower mounting plates. Reason being is if I get a good design or enough interest I can have a bulk made and design a setup jig too.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:51 PM
I meant to add also. That working two jobs is really throwing everything behind schedule. Good part is actually having the money to invest in it along with experience to help reduce cost and headache.

Sunday, September 02, 2012 1:56 PM
Well I could probably make everything myself them, but depending on the cost it might just be easier to have you make the parts.

I doubt you would get enough interest from here, but I'm sure the N-body guys would love to know about a coilover option for their cars

The lack of time does hurt, but the extra money and experience more than make up for it. I'm glad I'm talking to you about this know rather than in the spring time when I need it, before I send stuff out to the powdercoaters

Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:15 PM
I was home over the weekend, so I decided to do a little work

I got the rear bumper on there properly, found a hole that needs fixing though

Removed the side moldings, spoilder, and antennae, so more holes to fix. Then got her all washed up

Also got my hood hinges with struts finished

And just because I'm happy every time I open the hood

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search