can i get ur guys opinion on my 04 cav? - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: can i get ur guys opinion on my 04 cav?
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:31 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:*flash back to 01.....

On a serious note. I would troll around and see what others are doing and use that as inspiration. I could most certainly make a large list of stuff I don't like about your car. But I hold off til you search around some

Ehh, i dont quite agree with this. It is a good idea to troll the sight to see what ideas have been tried and if they worked or not, but for inspiration i wouldnt. JBO is very single minded. Some of my inspiration for my winter build came from taking a hiatus from JBO and trolling other forums to see what the other owners are doing.

Personally your mods are not quite my taste, but as long as everything is done properly and not half-assed(like the majority of "newbs that are popping up) i have no beef.

Error: Sig not found.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:52 PM
im happy to see that some people actually like my car haha.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:36 PM
Its a broken car, they forgot to install one of the pedals in the factory.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, January 13, 2012 8:08 AM
I agree, it's a good start. Also agree it's nice to see someone with an open attitude. So here are a few things I see (mostly what others have said):

Like:
-The spoiler
-Kit isn't bad at all, I really don't even mind the fenders.
-Interior (if done right) can look good painted. Mine was and I got a ton of compliments on it.
- The rims aren't too bad (not really my style) but it looks like the tires may be too small (may be wrong on that one) but if they are, it makes the wheel gap look even bigger
- Don't mind the underbody kit, had one on my car for a couple years and like how they look, would've kept it on there if I didn't get a ticket.

Don't like:
- The graphics (but you said those are going, so that's good)
- The tails I say tinting them red would look really good and make them look good, also tinting them looks good. I had those lights tinted with my carbon fiber rear bezel and loved that look.
- Ride Height, you don't have to spend $1000s of dollars on coilovers to make it look or ride good. Some sportlines or goldlines (Good luck finding a set of those haha) will go a long way and with the right struts will ride great and not break the bank completely. Just don't skimp on this part or you will be bouncing uncomfortably (and unsafely) down the road.
-Not a big deal, but I think at least painting the handles would help out a bit, This is pretty easy and normally you can do it yourself. (I think the mirror looks fine black as it flows with the window area)

Really though just keep looking around here to get different ideas. Some guys go for the slammed look, some are building race cars, some are just building DD that look good and are fun to drive. At the end of the day it's your car and you should do what you like as you are the one building and driving it.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:02 AM
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that vinyl doesnt look that bad. Its subtle and matches the body line. I kind of like it.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:18 AM
im going to chime in on this for the new guy.
its a good start to a dead platform for sure.
Car looks clean id have to say not a big fan of the graphics anymore.
Wing actually looks decent so id keep it if you dont plan on getting a CF trunk.
Tails would have matched the graphics being silver but id try and get some black ones and maybe tint them.
You might be able to keep the rims if you gt them painted or powder coated another color, try the WRX look since
you do have the pretty blue so maybe a gold rim?
The lights i actually like and they turn out to help if you ever plan on doing car shows, actually they are almost a must at Hot Import NIghts
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:20 AM
Oh and ditch the dual exhaust, we are 4bangers so it doesnt help you at all in actuality its hurting you because its extra weight and possibly low back pressure if its a true dual exhaust
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:21 AM
True dual? Like he has a custom header that splits 2 cylinders? No. And less back pressure = better, always.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:28 AM
as in if it T's off from the original exhaust pipe and comes off as an L. less back pressure if we had more cylinders would be better but in a 4 banger its not. if anything he would loose low end power. hence the reason why s2000's have the dual exhaust set up no low end and all high. but to each is own
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:34 AM
You're an idiot. Too low of an exhaust gas velocity from having too large of a pipe hurts low end (because it actually creates more back pressure on the low end that a pipe that is the correct size). And S2000 are "gutless" because the rev to 9000, though vtec makes them less gutless than they would be if they only used the vtec cam timing all the time.

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:39 AM
So then what your saying is that his dual exhaust is actually helping his performance then?
the point i was making with the honda was that of the same with even the 4 cylinder tiburon it lacks in low end power.
granted the s2k does have the vtec to pick up the slack but without it nothing. all i was saying is that he would loose his low end power which is an eco's bread and butter with out tuning

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:43 AM
No his duals are still doing nothing because his doesnt split until after the axle.

Friday, January 13, 2012 5:10 PM
The one on the passenger side isn't connected to anything I bought the car with the duals on it and would get rid of it but I don't wanna buy another bumper cause I don't wanna had a kit for dual exhaust with only one tip
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:43 PM
Love the spoiler and back lights, not a fan of graphics though...

*I've been called worse things by better people...*

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:36 PM
i saw some of u guys say that i need to paint the mirrors and door handles. what color would look best?
Wednesday, February 08, 2012 6:03 PM
just like the sig above your post asking the question lol

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:47 AM

progress is being made slowly thanks to a deer tht decided to run into the side of my car. but next im working on the rims and getting them painted or powder coated. and the interior is getting fixed up a bit.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:00 AM
get her done fella, get her done!!!! as was said eariler u got a good platform to start with, just don't rush @!#$, take ur time at it, It will look good when ur done makin changes

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:38 AM
I like the wheels, even though they look a bit small without any kind of drop. The fenders are just too much though. I'd take it back to stock LS Sport body. I like the spoiler but to me it seems like it should be moved back about an inch or so, just looks too far forward for me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search