The cav has been neglected - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The cav has been neglected
Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:45 AM

I finally got the cav back out of the garage. It’s had less than 2000 miles put on it in the last 3 years. The last time it really went anywhere, was the 2010 Bash. There’s still a lot of little things I want to clean up on it before it’s 100%, but it was nice to get it out and drive it. I miss modding it, but there really isn't anything else that I'm excited to do to it.

I need to repaint all 4 calipers; the black paint is pretty faded now. I want to paint the stock needles to match the needles on my autometer gauges, I need to install my racetronix harness, the pump has been in for years I just never got around to installing the harness. The engine bay needs a good cleaning and the pic of the bay really shows how rusted some of the brackets are.

And Here’s part of the reason why the cav hasn’t been driven much

Thanks for looking

Re: The cav has been neglected
Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:16 AM
I see why you don't drive the Cav much, I can't say that I blame you! lol Even in stock looking form, its really clean though!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:17 AM
Looks good...

Usually, when they get driven that little. there's a for sale sign not to far behind....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Sunday, April 01, 2012 1:11 PM
i knew i shouldn't have clicked this i want a cavalier againnn

Beautiful car, i hope you hold on to it and find a reason to be excited about it again
Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:54 PM
Dave Z wrote:Looks good...

Usually, when they get driven that little. there's a for sale sign not to far behind....

Russ Bradley wrote:i knew i shouldn't have clicked this i want a cavalier againnn

Beautiful car, i hope you hold on to it and find a reason to be excited about it again

I've gone back and forth about selling it, but it really isn't worth much. It's an 02 with 105,000 miles on it. It would be hard to let go of a reliable car that starts every time and puts a smile on my face at WOT. The saab turbo is tiny but the car still has enough get up and go to be fun. I've done a ton in the past, wings west phase, 00 import fighter phase, 00 trd phase, and I was never really happy with those long term. I'd love to scoop up an 03-05 extreme tuner kit and mod it for the 00-02 headlights, but that just isn't in the budget right now. I have no intention of going boost crazy or building a motor or anything like that. I just lack creativity these days.

Sunday, April 01, 2012 3:32 PM
Car looks great Andy!

Nice exhaust tip

Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:28 PM
AL1A5 wrote:
Dave Z wrote:Looks good...

Russ Bradley wrote:i knew i shouldn't have clicked this i want a cavalier againnn

I've gone back and forth about selling it, but it really isn't worth much. It's an 02 with 105,000 miles on it. It would be hard to let go of a reliable car that starts every time and puts a smile on my face at WOT. The saab turbo is tiny but the car still has enough get up and go to be fun. I've done a ton in the past, wings west phase, 00 import fighter phase, 00 trd phase, and I was never really happy with those long term. I'd love to scoop up an 03-05 extreme tuner kit and mod it for the 00-02 headlights, but that just isn't in the budget right now. I have no intention of going boost crazy or building a motor or anything like that. I just lack creativity these days.

Not so sure, with gas prices high, the prices got crazy around here. Though being good on gas is reason to keep it.

I've considered selling mine as well, as I'm just too old and have too much to do (like buying a house) to do any modding to the car. Granted, my miles are less than yours...

But since gas prices are high and it's paid for, it's going to stick around for a while. Who knows, I might just change my mind......

But if it still makes ya smile, keep it!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:37 PM
I have not driven my 98 since purchasing a new car. Every time i pull into the drive way I see it, and it looks sad. I need to give mine some love SOON.

Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:39 PM
mitdr774 wrote:I have not driven my 98 since purchasing a new car. Every time i pull into the drive way I see it, and it looks sad. I need to give mine some love SOON.

You and me both!

Sunday, April 01, 2012 7:18 PM
i love that silver, its such a clean color..thats what color im spraying my fire in the near future

Monday, April 02, 2012 12:06 PM
Been a great looking car throughout all the stages. Its really clean in stock form as well.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, April 02, 2012 3:08 PM
The body is in great shape, and really clean for it's age. I bet it's fun to putt around in too

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search