414whp Cornfed ecotec - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
414whp Cornfed ecotec
Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:56 PM
This is an update on a local guys Cav in Minnesota. He is running a built 2.2 ecotec but badly needed to get a larger exhaust and a larger intercooler. He now has the 3 inch exhaust and a larger intercooler. Now the only issue he has is that the Racetronix pump is running through the stock wiring and is not seeing enough voltage. So more updates in the near future! The car is tuned for E85 with HP Tuners on the stock pcm and runs great.

Motor consists of
Wiseco 10:1 pistons
Eagle rods
LZM balance shaft delete
Hand ported head
Supertech valve springs
LSJ valves
Comp Stage 2 cams
Engine was fully balanced
Vulcan turbo manifold
.57 trim garrett turbo
ID1000cc injectors
Racetronix pump
E85

Before With 2.5 inch exhaust

After With 3 inch exhaust

Notice that power jumped from 343whp at 22psi to 414whp at 21 psi. This was all on the same dyno dynamics dyno tuned by the same guy. Cant wait till we get more voltage to the pump and make even more power!

Re: 414whp Cornfed ecotec
Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:04 PM
I hope you plan on updating this whenever you find out more. I'll be watching this.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:54 PM
Nice work. He shouldn't make anymore power by upping the pump voltage unless he's currently leaning out or unless he then ups the boost. Any pics of the car? Impressive, esp to have a J tuned for E85.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:10 PM
High horsepower and less expensive fuel...good for the wallet

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:38 PM
The plan would be to up the boost when the fuel could be supplied. And no sorry the car is not anything to look at, it needs a bit of work on the exterior.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:44 PM
What city is it in? I will be training there next week, is he on the org?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:15 PM
this makes me wanna run e85 on the fire lol but do to availability ill be running race gas only

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:23 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:32 PM
i cant belive he is still running the stock intake manifold on it.
Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:46 PM
jon turbo grand am wrote:i cant belive he is still running the stock intake manifold on it.

honestly the turbo setup I put on that car was not built for this type of power, but it shows that you dont need anything elaborate to make good power. I think it's awesome! Stock intake manifold and stock throttle body. Hopefully this summer Ill be doing more work on it like some new charge piping and different turbo manifold.

Brad, he isnt much of a forum guy, I just met him and he told me to install some stage 2 cams, then he decided he loved it and wanted to shoot for the moon. next thing you know im throwing this roughly put together turbo kit on his car, then built motor, then he wants e85 and over 400hp. He got what he asked for and now he wants more

Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:13 PM
You are going to NEED an external pump to go too much higher!

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:09 PM
i would venture to say that the racetronix pump is at its limits if it were mine i would put an external on it now

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Friday, April 27, 2012 8:07 AM
jmarks82 wrote:You are going to NEED an external pump to go too much higher!

id say 2 externals and a fuel cell if he's planning for 500+!
Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:09 PM
Thats awesome! And I wanna swing a big told you so to everyone who dissed the car before. I said bigger exhaust and intercooler and he'd see massive gains... 70 whp to me is massive
Monday, April 30, 2012 7:35 AM
Phillip Gruver wrote:Thats awesome! And I wanna swing a big told you so to everyone who dissed the car before. I said bigger exhaust and intercooler and he'd see massive gains... 70 whp to me is massive

What Qwibby said!!!! I only wish E85 was available in my area. My tuner said I'd be 450 horsepower on my setup using it.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:10 AM
I guess i am the only who isnt impressed with cornfuel...

Error: Sig not found.

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:37 AM
I was looking into tuning the balt to E85 but do to lack of supplyers it was impossible. Plus it was my DD so if I wanted to go on any trips I would have to plan a trip around fueling stations alone.

Monday, April 30, 2012 11:18 AM
Very cool!

Monday, April 30, 2012 5:18 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I guess i am the only who isnt impressed with cornfuel...

Nope, I'm with ya 100%.

Monday, April 30, 2012 5:29 PM
Erik Nyman wrote:

Nope, I'm with ya 100%.

love the cooler burn temps and the higher power....HATE the lower gas milage. I enjoy my 200+ hp supercharged car getting 31-33 MPG still.

Monday, April 30, 2012 5:40 PM

nope im with you on this one

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 6:01 AM
^x3, its so lacking in availability around here its not even funny... that alone is worth it for me to say, eh who cares. Then again getting race fuel without being a supplier here is like pulling teeth. 93 for me for the time being.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 7:44 PM
My friend figured it out once for his flex fuel truck, that to make up for the loss of fuel mileage that the price of e 85 had to be at least 50 cents or so lower than regular unleaded to make up for the difference, but that might have changed by now. or be different with a car... but 414 on 85 with a thrown together turbo kit and a good tune seems pretty reasonable to me. one downside is i work right next to an ethanol plant, sometimes can't stand to be outside with the smell of the corn mush
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:36 PM
corn works fantastic anyone who says else needs to get off the org and branch out to other places where cars are making serious power on ethonal blends...

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:13 PM
Agreed ^^^ they need to take their anti-e85 to honda tech

Props to the decent numbers and all.

Im just going to go along with Ryan since he has messed with our PCM the most in terms of tuning the best he can and not be shocked if it does go bang from meltdown. Im no tuner by any means but if Ryan tells me our pcm cant handle it correctly then I believe him.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search