04 4DR Cavy - Body kit finally installed! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 4DR Cavy - Body kit finally installed!
Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:25 AM
After talking and numerous ideals for 2 years, I finally figured out what body kit I wanted to go with on my sedan. It has a RK Sport front lip, Bomex side skirts and I believe it is a Bomex bumper. I hope you enjoy it!

www.photobucket.com/updates2012

Re: 04 4DR Cavy - Body kit finally installed!
Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:27 AM
Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:10 AM
The front looks real good (sept for the missing piece between headlights) and I like the wheels! Never been a fan of those skirts or that rear at all though, nor the tails.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:08 AM
congrats on the purchase anne, i will say the rear and sides match but the front does not, its too low for those skirts and rear, if you wanna keep that front you are going to need the rksports skirts and rear facia, or you can try for another front, so either way its your choise and as long as you are happy it doesnt matter what others think, but imho either change the front to something that matches or maybe the skirts to match the front lip. i actually had those skirts with the stock front and it did not look too bad, but lowering it will make a world a difference

these are the bomex skirts, the ones you have on right now.

this is my car with the razzi kit, these and the rksports might match that lip more since they are wider than the bomex ones, also
since they are wider they make the car look lower than it actually is.

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:50 PM
Our tastes differ too greatly for this post to NOT sound like I'm a complete ass, so I'll try to keep it civil...

The style of wheels and the front lip are the only things you've done to the car that I find to be an upgrade from stock.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:11 PM
I love the style and shots of the front end. Other than that not much to like, the kit doesnt flow but if you're happy then thats all that matters!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:14 PM
It's ok guys. I really like my car. I get alot of @!#$ for my tail but I really do like it. Not to be an ass either but I really dislike the tails on 2nd gen cavys.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:19 PM
anne shaffer wrote:It's ok guys. I really like my car. I get alot of @!#$ for my tail but I really do like it. Not to be an ass either but I really dislike the tails on 2nd gen cavys.

Yep these 2nd gen tails sure arent attractive!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:33 PM
Thumbs up for building the car the way you like! Personally i'm not a fan of that rear bumper at all. To me it just looks way too busy and doesn't flow with the lines of the car. If you like it, hey thats what counts!

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:51 PM
alejandro davila wrote:congrats on the purchase anne, i will say the rear and sides match but the front does not, its too low for those skirts and rear, if you wanna keep that front you are going to need the rksports skirts and rear facia, or you can try for another front, so either way its your choise and as long as you are happy it doesnt matter what others think, but imho either change the front to something that matches or maybe the skirts to match the front lip. i actually had those skirts with the stock front and it did not look too bad, but lowering it will make a world a difference

these are the bomex skirts, the ones you have on right now.

this is my car with the razzi kit, these and the rksports might match that lip more since they are wider than the bomex ones, also
since they are wider they make the car look lower than it actually is.

I have heard from numerous people that the RK sport lip will always sit lower then the rest of the car (even with RK sport skirts and rear facia) because of the way it sits on the front bumper. I do like the look of the razzi front end in picture but when I see it on the cavy in person, to me IMO, it makes the car too rice. Yet, some people call my car a rice. I really don't mind if someone tells me that they don't like something specific about my car. I am open to all opinions just as long as you don't really dis my car because you never know, maybe your opinion may change my mind.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:38 PM
Not feeling the back bumper, but from a modded standpoint-it looks good.

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:47 PM
i think everything will tie better together if it were ALOT closer to the ground..

and for anyone not wanting to click the link..lol

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:56 PM
Lookin at the car from side the rear and front look good together, but i think maybe finding some skirts tha flow evenly from rear to front would pull it together nicely, overall nice, just needs low, and have you thought about that grill that goes in front of the opening, its billet iirc

Friday, May 25, 2012 4:08 AM
Azncav (was static) wrote:i think everything will tie better together if it were ALOT closer to the ground..

and for anyone not wanting to click the link..lol

Appreciate it. I am looking to lower it and I do have a set of sportlines with D-specs to be put on but after putting the body kit on, I really think its too low for the sportlines so I am looking for a pro-kit considering my backend sits 6.25" off the ground and the front sits 5.5" off the ground.
Friday, May 25, 2012 4:18 AM
alejandro davila wrote:Lookin at the car from side the rear and front look good together, but i think maybe finding some skirts tha flow evenly from rear to front would pull it together nicely, overall nice, just needs low, and have you thought about that grill that goes in front of the opening, its billet iirc

Silly question but what does "irrc" stand for? And are we talking about the piece that I am missing on the front bumper? If so, I still have the thing but one of the end tabs broke off and it does have some minor scratches due to the fact that it flew off while I was on the highway. Luckily no one ran it over! But it is a hard piece to come by especially in black and it has been off for so long (about 18 months) that the missing piece kind of grew on me. And I can only find it on the web for like $150 (which IMO, is a joke). My fiancee' saids I should keep it off because the grill stands out better without the piece but I was thinking of when I find another one, maybe painting the bowtie red to match my rims. The previous broken one I have was all black. Otherwise, when I had the replacement bumper painted, I asked my paint guy if he would fill in the holes to give it like a smooth look across and he said that if he did that, then eventually the fill ins will crack and pop out. Any suggestions of what I can maybe do?
Friday, May 25, 2012 4:18 AM
4DR love!!! i agree with everyone else, she needs a drop ASAP! and you need to put you front bumper insert back in, as well as shift your bumper back some cuz from your second to last pic you bumper and fender doesn't line up by half an inch, and plz tell me you did the rear windows mini mod where you can put your windows all the way down.....if not pm me i'll explain. other than that she looks dam good girl, keep it up and post some engine pis for us to see what you have done under there

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Friday, May 25, 2012 4:25 AM
anne shaffer wrote:
alejandro davila wrote:Lookin at the car from side the rear and front look good together, but i think maybe finding some skirts tha flow evenly from rear to front would pull it together nicely, overall nice, just needs low, and have you thought about that grill that goes in front of the opening, its billet iirc

Silly question but what does "irrc" stand for? And are we talking about the piece that I am missing on the front bumper? If so, I still have the thing but one of the end tabs broke off and it does have some minor scratches due to the fact that it flew off while I was on the highway. Luckily no one ran it over! But it is a hard piece to come by especially in black and it has been off for so long (about 18 months) that the missing piece kind of grew on me. And I can only find it on the web for like $150 (which IMO, is a joke). My fiancee' saids I should keep it off because the grill stands out better without the piece but I was thinking of when I find another one, maybe painting the bowtie red to match my rims. The previous broken one I have was all black. Otherwise, when I had the replacement bumper painted, I asked my paint guy if he would fill in the holes to give it like a smooth look across and he said that if he did that, then eventually the fill ins will crack and pop out. Any suggestions of what I can maybe do?
"iirc" stands for "if i remember correctly/ if i recall." and that little piece is easy to come by in other states just ask around someone can snag up an extra for ya for the right price.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Friday, May 25, 2012 4:31 AM

this billet grill is the one im talking about it looks nice, ild have gotten it on mine if the razzi front permited it.

Friday, May 25, 2012 4:43 AM
Overall I have to say I'm not a fan.

Bits and pieces aren't bad but the total package just doesn't work.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:03 PM
alejandro davila wrote:
this billet grill is the one im talking about it looks nice, ild have gotten it on mine if the razzi front permited it.

I am unable to see the picture. You wanna try sending it again? Thanks
Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:13 PM
Trey Reed wrote:4DR love!!! i agree with everyone else, she needs a drop ASAP! and you need to put you front bumper insert back in, as well as shift your bumper back some cuz from your second to last pic you bumper and fender doesn't line up by half an inch, and plz tell me you did the rear windows mini mod where you can put your windows all the way down.....if not pm me i'll explain. other than that she looks dam good girl, keep it up and post some engine pis for us to see what you have done under there

Yea, I did the mini mod last summer. Looks so much better!

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:28 PM
The only thing Bomex has ever made that I liked was the TRD imitation wing. That being said, that rear bumper hasn't changed my mind. It looks like something from Need For Speed Underground 2003.. like stated before, just way too busy. But then again, I've always liked sedans that were mild.. lip kits, shaved wings, etc. In the end, it's your car so build it how you want since you're the one that has to walk out and see it every day.

I'm not too sure about what'll match up, but I had good luck with the Razzi skirts and my Type J bumpers lining up.. maybe a fraction of an inch off. Even at that, I don't see why the RK skirts wouldn't line up with that lip, especially if they were made to go together. Hell, I've seen the Type J skirts line up with the Import Fighter front bumper.. the RK sedan skirts line up with the Type J bumpers on a sedan... a lot of it will mix and match, even brands that are completely different.

See there, I got lucky. It just takes some time, patience, and money. If you're dead-set on those skirts and rear, then you might wanna look around for a front bumper.. or visa versa. Also, your D-Specs and Sportlines should be fine with what you have now. They do offer the lowest ride height before you get into coilovers, but they won't put you on the ground. That's what I had before the RK coilovers and even with the Type J kit, I was fine.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:14 PM
Nice work, would look even better with black mesh though...now drop that biatch!

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:23 PM
Hey anne I say nice job at being different and not be like everyone else its always good to stand out in a crowd.... I do have to agree though to a sense if u know how to do fiberglass work and or used abs plastic epoxy u may beable to flow the front into the sides a little better giving the lines along the side skirts to flow a little more even , other than that I really don't see any problem with the car , except u wanting to be different and others being sceptical about the way u like your car, keep up the good work..
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:24 PM
Hey Anne I'm sorry I didn't send you the link I hadn't checked your status In a while , here it is billet

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search