1 hell of a weekend in Michigan and Leona came home with a new look. VERY pic heavy. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1 hell of a weekend in Michigan and Leona came home with a new look. VERY pic heavy.
Monday, May 28, 2012 6:11 PM
Well what can I say? This weekend was one of the best I have had in a VERY long time.
This is how it went down.
Thursday after work I headed to Stratford and crashed at Jeffs place, Friday morning, we got my car on the hoist for some much needed repairs.
My attempt at being artistic. lol

I got sick and tired of getting cut off every couple bucks when filling with gas, so I actually put an emissions component back in. lol Who else can say that they have braided lines for the evap canister? lol

And I got really tired of my bull@!#$ aftermarket ac delete pulley shearing belts, Matt was kind enough to donate a compressor to the cause and we installed it along with my 3rd new belt since I started driving the car.

That was after we picked about 3 pounds of belt out of everything. lol
We then did this, we put on this masterfully painted hood courtesy of body men extrodinaire, Ryan and Jeff. lol

We then headed out to Michigan, within 15 minutes of being at the hotel, some Yank found us.

We headed to Jays after that to pop off our hoods and head to Woodward ave.

Saturday, we met up with Jay and started making our way to the BBQ.

This happened on the way there, but lets not talk too much about this. lol

So after Leona took a @!#$ kicking all weekend, she looked kinda sad. Covered with bugs, dirt and burned rubber from the front tires. lol
So I gave it a half ass wash after work and decided to go for a drive and snap a few pics with her new addition.

Sadly, I drove through a construction site on the way to these pics, so my half ass clean looked even worse.
Hopefully, I will have my wilwood master installed soon along with tucking the brake lines.

Re: 1 hell of a weekend in Michigan and Leona came home with a new look. VERY pic heavy.
Monday, May 28, 2012 6:45 PM
I still think the car needs a 00-02 spoiler, but damn it looks good!!

FU Tuning

Re: 1 hell of a weekend in Michigan and Leona came home with a new look. VERY pic heavy.
Monday, May 28, 2012 7:11 PM
approved of both the pics and the car's new looks

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:48 PM
Beautiful car. I agree with putting on an 00-02 spoiler. It would literally be the finishing touch in my opinion (Especially with the new hood).

Monday, May 28, 2012 8:15 PM
You can drive through construction zones?

Jealous.
Monday, May 28, 2012 9:21 PM
I kind of like the wingless look, honestly.

By the way, I'd murder someone for a TS hood..... murder....

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, May 28, 2012 10:16 PM
i freaking love this car. the black paint looks flawless and it makes me want to get mine going that much more!

and whats this talk of an aftermarket ac delete pulley? i wasnt aware any existed..? only one i know of is the gm unit... thats not what you had?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:00 AM
Thanks a lot folks, I really love the new look of the front end.
Brad, there is an aftermarket ac delete pulley, but it's not even worth mentioning. That thing caused me so many headaches it's not even funny.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:11 AM
Looks great!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:06 AM
Good seeing you again Darren. I can't even put into words how impressive the engine bay and whole car is in person.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:55 AM
Thanks alot man, it was great catching up for sure. Im going to try make it out again this year to cruise woodward. Hopefully the Silvia will be out at that time aswell.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:51 AM
Love it, love it all! Looks like a great time at the BBQ. I wish there was more jbody stuff going on out west.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:17 AM
Ahhh looks GREAT!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:31 AM
Hood looks damn good!

Good seeing you again buddy! Car looked amazing in person.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:00 AM
You know I approve. Looks great on your car. Was really nice meeting all you guys.

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:07 PM
if yours is the black one i really like it it looks really clean
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:32 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:And I got really tired of my bull@!#$ aftermarket ac delete pulley shearing belts

Hmm I did notice that my aftermarket A/C pulley didn't seem to line up exactly with the rest of the pulleys when I installed it.. figured that would cause some issues, but so far everything looks fine.

Car looked great, and sounded great.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:06 PM
[ion wrote: C2]
gtpsunfire wrote:And I got really tired of my bull@!#$ aftermarket ac delete pulley shearing belts

Hmm I did notice that my aftermarket A/C pulley didn't seem to line up exactly with the rest of the pulleys when I installed it.. figured that would cause some issues, but so far everything looks fine.

Car looked great, and sounded great.

Thanks dude, but flat out, the exhaust sounds like @!#$ and I can't wait to change out the muffler.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:07 PM
Leona looks so much better than before. Im loving those rims too! For 17's they sit pretty well and fill up the gap. What size are the tires?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:09 PM
They are 18s actually. 225/40 tires.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:25 PM
beautiful.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:01 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:They are 18s actually. 225/40 tires.

Oops, I read the 17's were your previous black rims with red lip. I was curious about the tires cause they look perfect with the drop and the rims. Mine are thin as hell 215/35/18's. With that said, your car needs nothing more done to it. Keep it this way.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:17 PM
Hood fits right at home on the car!

Had an amazing weekend!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:56 PM
I love everything in this thread! Awesome cars!!
Thursday, May 31, 2012 6:31 PM
looks great

Eat my shift
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search