Finally, she's ALIVE!!! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Finally, she's ALIVE!!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:12 PM
Here for custom steelies.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:45 PM
Can we hold hands? Hahaha

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:16 PM
Welp, it's been a while, so I spose an update is in order.

Car has been running FANTASTIC, I believe I've got roughly 800 miles on her.
I definitely need stiffer springs, 375 up front and 250 in the rear just won't cut it. I'm planning on something around the 500 range, possibly higher.
Got the rear lip installed... kinda. Zip ties will do. Plan is to do 03 ls sport rear bumper eventually anyway, so no big deal.
Still needs a clay bar / buff / polish / wax REALLY bad. Just no funds to really get it done.

The brother and I started on our practice widened steelie. From what we learned doing that one, it shouldn't really be that hard.
I lied though, the steelies won't be 15x10, more like 15x8... Maybe I'll save up and get 2 10" barrels and run the 8"s up front. We'll see.

Here's some updated craptastic cell phone pictures for your eyeball pleasure/annoyance.

Story of the garage: Big bonfires and plastic don't mix.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:39 PM
Picking up some 15x10 wheels today, will probably have them ready over the weekend.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 1:48 PM
sexy as @!#$

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:06 PM
Thanks!

Brother and I buffed and polished her for a good 5 hours yesterday. She looks 10x better... although a lot of her imperfections are really noticeable now. I need a spray job bad.... really bad. The hood looked like it was hit with a sandblaster.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow while she's still clean. Also some pictures of what I have in store for wheels.

15x10 unsure about offset at the moment, painted matte white, maybe polished lips... we'll see. Thought about black... but I'm not going for the murdered out look.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 8:07 PM
Forgot the camera but got started on the steelies.

Half way thru cutting apart the first one my cut off wheel flew into a million pieces... so I'll have to go out and get some more.
It'd be a lot easier if I were able to work on them at home, but I don't have the equipment. It's a half hour drive to get out to my parents house.

Pictures of the car tomorrow, PROMISE.

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:37 PM
I lied.

Here are some random shots just for fun.

Just hit 1000 miles on the newish engine, she's purrin' like a kitten. :3
Still saving up for springs... should be getting them early next month... fingers crossed.

Got 2 of the 10 inch barrels cut and ready for the new centers. Should be finishing up the other 2 barrels tomorrow and hopefully getting a good start on the other steelies.

15x10 Ford truck steelie

Wide enough for ya?

Rough cut

Ooooh purdy, ready for a new center Minus the sandblast... of course.

As of now I cannot decide on a tire size to run... obviously a handful of stretch is in order... but how much?
Updates tomorrow.

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:49 PM
No stretch. Stop playing with your winky and fit a set of manly 305s in there.

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:03 PM
Nahhh.... can't have the 240 getting jealous.

Love your car btw.

Friday, August 17, 2012 7:27 PM
355s for the 240 then. Make Lamborghinis jealous.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:35 AM
LMAO!

Reminds me of my car if it had the stock Z kit on it. I love the low of this thing.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:55 AM
Thanks!

More low is on the way, just gotta wait until the wife lets me spend some money.... >:o

Progress on the steelies will be had today... along with my brother wetsanding my car.

Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:59 PM
Got another barrel ready for transformation. Would have gotten the other one done but it was stormy out like crazy!!!

So hopefully tomorrow I'll have 4 empty barrels and MAYBE, just maybe, 4 faces ready for epicwheelness.

Sunday, August 19, 2012 5:20 PM
Got all the barrels ready, started on the faces and I must say they're going to be sick looking.

That's not where the faces will be sitting once they're done, that was just a test fit.

On a side note, I should be ordering my new springs sometime this week.

Friday, August 24, 2012 3:15 PM
Springs ordered... more lows on the way!!!

More progress on the steelies over the weekend.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:23 PM
Springs should be here tomorrow... so I'll be ripping apart the suspension to get some more lows and hopefully getting the exhaust hung a little better... it drags pretty bad as is.
Took some random shots today... just for fun.

Cleaned the engine bay a little more... removed stickers, ran the throttle cable differently... quickly tucked the fuse box behind the filter.

F BOMB F BOMB F BOMB F BOMB

Death Machine

Vader Approved.

Fun stuff, yo.

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:18 PM
Holy wow, am I angry...

Got my springs today, crazy excited to get them on, go out to my parents, struggle for a few hours but finally got them together.
Leave my parents, taking it easy and listening for anything strange... hit a bump...

POWWWW

my passenger side strut mount let go... literally.
My strut was just hangin' there... not attached to the mount at all.
So I fix it, on the side of the road... go to turn around and put the car in the garage for however long it takes to get a new mount

DEAD BATTERY

Seriously... what the hell.

Thank god I just got some extra cash for new mounts.

I took pictures, but obviously I left my camera in the car at my parents... so whatever.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:03 AM
Here is a chop of my old car when I was considering widening steelies

Ever thought of using the spare tire center, would give it a smoothie look.

Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:55 AM
1fine89 wrote:Here is a chop of my old car when I was considering widening steelies

Ever thought of using the spare tire center, would give it a smoothie look.

I remember that chop. That's pretty much what I have in mind, minus them being black.

I've got a set of 15" steelies that I'm using. Smoothies would be nice though.

On a side note. I went and got some OE rear mounts and installed them... I'm not pleased with the ride height. :\

Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:34 PM
Well... it's been a while.
Wheel fell off... that's in the other thread "I lowered my car... even more"

I finally got around to doing something with my car. I haven't touched it since I got it home.
Got myself 2 new tires and threw the stock wheels on... I actually like the look of it, so that's a plus.
Still waiting for an alignment... thinkin' of doing it with my brother to save some money.
Found out my heat wasn't working... it'd make a funny noise, but no air would come out.
Pulled the blower motor, there was a rag shoved down in the tube so no critters would make it into a nice house. Free fix is always a plus.

Going to be doing the at home alignment soon so I can actually get the car back on the road. After that we'll probably hang the exhaust better, make a new exhaust tip, and find a way to get the front lower.

Plans for the steelies kind of fell thru... the faces didn't fit the barrels right... so I sold the barrels to my brother and am buying 1 steelie.. so I have a set of those to run when I need 'em.
Once I sell my BBS RSs I'm going to be picking up a set of XXR 527s, either 17x9.75 or 18x9.75... I'm leaning more towards the 18s... but we'll see.

It's bee raining here since Monday, and it's not supposed to quit until Sunday... so working on the car isn't fun (no garage at my place)

Updates after the alignment... I'll have pics of the exhaust / tips / stockwheels / my fantastic cavalier... hah.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:59 PM
More info on these RSs... ?

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:18 AM
They're metric, you won't want them. I didn't do my research before I got them and now am stuck trying to sell them.
BBS RS 007 wheels
TRX 240/45/415 tires... the tires alone are $618 a piece on Coker... they're the only place that makes them anymore.
5x120 et+12
The wheel come out to like 16.3 x 9.something. Can't run normal tires on them.
You can use original style 34 bolt RS lips / barrels and turn them into a normal set.
They're actually really rare.... but impractical considering the odd tire size that's needed.

I have them for sale on here, Stanceworks, Bimmerforums, and VWvortex.
I'm really close to taking them apart and selling them as pieces... but have NO IDEA what faces/waffles/caps/bolts are worth.

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:45 AM
Love the fab work on the wheels! Suspension looks nice man!

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:04 PM
Twenty4z wrote:They're metric, you won't want them. I didn't do my research before I got them and now am stuck trying to sell them.
BBS RS 007 wheels
TRX 240/45/415 tires... the tires alone are $618 a piece on Coker... they're the only place that makes them anymore.
5x120 et+12
The wheel come out to like 16.3 x 9.something. Can't run normal tires on them.
You can use original style 34 bolt RS lips / barrels and turn them into a normal set.
They're actually really rare.... but impractical considering the odd tire size that's needed.

I have them for sale on here, Stanceworks, Bimmerforums, and VWvortex.
I'm really close to taking them apart and selling them as pieces... but have NO IDEA what faces/waffles/caps/bolts are worth.

I was more asking for my Passat, but yeah.. lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search