Its All-Motor......just with a Turbo. - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Its All-Motor......just with a Turbo.
Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:47 PM
Look like rubber. Nhra I'm pretty sure has to stainless steel and crimp connection. Not clamp.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:37 PM
I think NHRA wants stainless steel braided (or similar) OR oem rubber style hoses. No pushlok. No hose clamps.
I'm fairly certain the fuel lines being on the same side as the clutch is also frowned upon. The hose has to be inside a steel shield if it crosses over the clutch.

That's why I moved all my fuel lines to the passenger side on the skwirl.

what are you doing for an AFPR newt?

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:14 AM
Ya, NHRA says no rubber fuel lines longer than 12", hose clamps are allowed on rubber fuel lines, but not on NHRA approved fuel lines (braided stainless).

Solved my problem tho, a few companies make a GM Quick-Connect to -6an fitting, in both male and female quick connects. That along with some Russel Nylon Braided hose (NHRA Approved) and we are back in business.

As for the lines going over the clutch, I'm gonna solve that when I redo the lines.

As for the AFPR, I'm not gonna run one, just the factory 1:1 regulator.

Monday, October 29, 2012 12:51 PM
newt wrote:
GM Quick-Connect to -6an fitting, in both male and female quick connects. That along with some Russel Nylon Braided hose (NHRA Approved) and we are back in business.

Thats what we did with mine.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:22 AM
Well put an order in for my new fuel line stuff.

As it turns out the fuel line I'm currently using "Gates LOL Plus" is actually an NHRA approved line, go figure! However the hose clamps still don't comply.

So I put in an order for some Russel ProClassic hose and fittings, will look a lot better than the red hose and still be legal.

It is against NHRA rules to have the fuels lines routed over the clutch side of a FWD car, I'm gonna do my best but they will still be on that side of the motor, if they give me @!#$ I'll deal with it, but I'm pretty sure no one is gonna notice/care.

Anyways, got the turbo bolted up for good last night, as well as the wastegate/downpipe/screamer pipe and I finally sorted out my turbo drain...yay!

Some pictures;

Turbo stuff behind the motor now.

Screamer Pipe exit. (I moved that wire loom after I took the picture, its for my external crank trigger, don't want that melting)

My slightly ghetto turbo drain, looks like ass, should work just fine tho. (Need to pull my shift cables out of the way as they are currently laying on top)

On the table for tonight is the Exhaust.

Also, anyone know what pig tails Hahn uses for their injectors? They are the EV1 type, but @!#$ things are missing the metal retainer clips so they don't snap into place...GRRR!!

Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:00 AM
Exhaust is coming along...nearly there.

Its made from mostly scraps laying around the shop, so its not the prettiest thing ever, but it will do the trick. The open end is for the cut-out.

Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:36 PM
Well did some vacuum line routing and wiring tonight, nothing to really show pictures of, so instead here are some pics of other stuff.

My plate (LOL)

New key chain

Thursday, November 01, 2012 11:28 PM
You must tell me where you got that key chain!

PS3 ID: Phatchance249
MW3 FTW!
Friday, November 02, 2012 7:47 AM
The internet bro, got one for my gixxer as well

But seriously,
http://www.rotary13b1.com/c/insert-before-flight.html

Friday, November 02, 2012 9:57 AM
You're such a dip.
Friday, November 02, 2012 10:58 AM
Jeff Wybrow wrote:You're so awesome.

Awww thanks Jeff!

You're pretty awesome too

Saturday, November 03, 2012 11:36 AM
Quote:

lol I did the same thing and had to put an extra bolt in the same spot. damn GM...

Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:45 PM
I have a matching bolt there, aswell. So does Ryan!
Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:15 PM
IT RUNS!!!

Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:20 PM
Like button.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:26 PM
Exhaust (even removable )

All done, keeping it clean.

Front.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 1:28 PM
Ignore the blue coupler, my black one is on back order

Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:38 PM
looks killer dude, cant wait to see it in person, and some times and numbers.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 4:12 PM
Awesome dude, congrats. Can't wait to see some slips and track times next season.

Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:20 PM
Since your exhaust is so removable... coat it in anti-sieze... it works just like any other coating. Put some on a rag, rub it all over the exhaust. prevents rust and coats it to look nice and silver. I had it on my header for YEARS and it never faded or changed color. It bakes it on and ends up not being able to be smeared all over.

Monday, November 05, 2012 7:55 AM
Its a little late to protect it from rusting..lol But that is good to know.

Anyways, finished the car off last night, just need to reflash my computer and she can hit the streets.

Front end.

Can barely see the intercooler

Tail Pipe, nothing fancy, just a slash cut.

Monday, November 05, 2012 1:32 PM
It will basically keep the rust from growing. holds up to 1600F and just makes it look a little better is all. No real performance gain... just eye candy and preventative maintenance.

Monday, November 05, 2012 1:47 PM
I'm in love dude, well done. We must have a romantic turbo-car embrace post-haste.
Monday, November 05, 2012 5:42 PM
Good @!#$!!!!

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:20 AM
Thanks guys!

Took it for a shakedown cruise last night, no boost stuff, just a little check to make sure everything is working as it should.

Drives better than my all-motor setup did oddly enough, the exhaust is also somehow quieter than my factory muffler was.

WIN!

Looks like my wideband finally kicked the bucket tho, been acting up for a while Guess I'll have to order a AEM over the winter.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search