Project HaveBlue - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BlueTits!
Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:33 PM
I've already got the Night Shades in my desk, and the replacement plastic ready to go. Just trying to figure out a clean way of removing the stock clear plastic from the rest of the housing.

I've already melted one into oblivion lulz

Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:05 PM
Did the cobalt seats bolt right in just like the cavalier ones or was modding done to get them to fit, thanks

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, March 08, 2013 1:23 AM
Pete P wrote:Did the cobalt seats bolt right in just like the cavalier ones or was modding done to get them to fit, thanks

they do not bolt in. search, it's been documented here on how to do it (also how I did it)

Friday, March 08, 2013 1:39 AM
I'm feeling generous and decided to find the thread.

Cobalt seats (done right) - alot of pics not 56k safe

Friday, March 08, 2013 9:44 AM
pj,

I did not use the plastic cover on my set up.... Because mine is the data logger as well and there would not be any real way to putin the sd card....

I will try to post pictures tonight.... Also I did not retail as much ofo the cluster as you did, mostly because of the nitrous gauge going in there as well and with the programmable fuel gauge for another project I am doing....

You are getting some direction though.....

Friday, March 08, 2013 9:51 AM
nite shades wont work!, I attempted to do my windshield with nite shades, one coat looked very streaky, 2nd coat helped hide the streakness, but made it impossible to see out of. Before the question arises i used nite shades becasue the windshield is lexan plexi glass, and heard rumors that tint did not work with plexi. Needless to say i waisted about 150.00 between nite shades and plexi, and had to do a new windshield. This time i tinted it, and their are some small air bubbles but looks pretty good!

Friday, March 08, 2013 11:04 AM
jason norwood wrote:pj,

I did not use the plastic cover on my set up.... Because mine is the data logger as well and there would not be any real way to putin the sd card....

I will try to post pictures tonight.... Also I did not retail as much ofo the cluster as you did, mostly because of the nitrous gauge going in there as well and with the programmable fuel gauge for another project I am doing....

You are getting some direction though.....

I had an aluminum plate that bolted into the dash to hold it in place, but I want this to look as stock as possible. I'm curious to see what you did.

Friday, March 08, 2013 12:36 PM
PJ,

I will be tuning the dcar tonight with the bigger turbo. I will try to take some pictures and post them.

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:44 AM
been plotting my charge pipe routing.

I need this to have more clearance

starting machining

fast forward to done (through the magic of television)

as you can see, 3" dia. tubing tucks in very nicely now

another shot of the same

and, a random ho-it-up shot.

She is the one named Sailor-Blue

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:16 AM
Great thinking man.. Gotta say thats pretty damn crafty..lol..Keep up the great work bro!!
Friday, March 15, 2013 9:03 AM
Nice mill work...is there any negative to taking out that extra bracing? What's it there for, just extra strength?

Nice shot too. You can really see how low that RK lip is compared to the side skirts...damn haha

Friday, March 15, 2013 10:22 AM
nicely done sir, I plan on doing the same to my pan this spring.

my charge pipes fit like @!#$ and hit everything, the ground included...lol

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:21 AM
Luke C wrote:Nice mill work...is there any negative to taking out that extra bracing? What's it there for, just extra strength?

Nice shot too. You can really see how low that RK lip is compared to the side skirts...damn haha

thanks!

I am a bit concerned about this.. I'm not exactly sure. I'd imagine it's just support bracing because the bottom of the pan connects to the transmission, but since the transmission has bolts around the entire circumference, the loss of the bracing shouldn't matter much (but IDK if the pan will crack now that the bracing is gone).

If it does, I plan on using a hole saw on the next one to retain as much of the ribbing as possible.

and I love that front lip! can never paint it tho... it wouldn't last long haha

newt wrote:nicely done sir, I plan on doing the same to my pan this spring.

my charge pipes fit like @!#$ and hit everything, the ground included...lol

thanks man!
yea, I was mocking pipes up last night and I held a 3" pipe under the car up against the pan and i was like ....."oh.. this isn't going to work at all."
the charge pipe literally would have been the lowest mechanical part of the car, and I wasn't comfortable with that.

Friday, March 15, 2013 12:42 PM
Ya that's the situation I'm in and my charge pipes are only 2" on the hot side, I've already bottomed them out once or twice.

Boost leaks everywhere! LOL

Friday, March 15, 2013 12:44 PM
@!#$, I wish I could edit.

My plan was to use a hole saw like you later mentioned, I'll see how it goes.

Friday, March 15, 2013 1:07 PM
I have access to a bridge port I could do what pj did for you.

Also pj. Looks great man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, March 15, 2013 3:10 PM
Love the stance and as always the work/creativity going into the car

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:13 PM
It takes some balls to mill that much out of an oil pan. Should have tried to keep a smooth radius transition where you milled it out. Sharp corners tend to be stress risers. Interested to see how this works out.

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:45 PM
I watched Jeff Wybrow clearance his oil pan on my garage floor with a sawzall. You don't impress me PJ!

Joking!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:10 AM
everything is amazing PJ.. looks great and im jealous!!

GOT ECOTEC?
Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:21 AM
Lookin good!

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:50 PM
3 inch hot side pipe? That's a little large isn't it?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:23 PM
approve of these updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:36 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:3 inch hot side pipe? That's a little large isn't it?

Not at all. I only have a 57 trim and 2" cold, 3" hot side.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:13 AM
nice work there, like what you did with that oil pan.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search