Rubanio24's Progress Thread - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Rubanio24's Progress Thread
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:31 PM
Pound some metal out of the way, roll some fenders and give em a nice pull.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:31 PM
Twenty4z wrote:Pound some metal out of the way, roll some fenders and give em a nice pull.

renders already rolled but some pounding and pulling would help

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:39 PM
Went out with my car club and my friend mark took some pictures

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:04 PM
Dammit I love your car, dude.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:08 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Dammit I love your car, dude.

haha the pictures make it look good

Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:26 PM
Very Nice Cavy!

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:08 PM
new sig?

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:15 PM
PGHCav wrote:new sig?

ooo I like lol how do I change it?

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:28 PM
nvm got it

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:29 PM

Thanks

Sunday, September 30, 2012 3:37 PM
Ruben Torres wrote:

Thanks

your welcome if you need any thing added pm me

Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:46 PM
alright sounds good

Monday, October 29, 2012 2:38 PM
ok so I recently met another jbody owner with an eco s/c. had a talk with him about the swap that I want to do and he basically told me that I am wasting my time but regardless I am continuing with it, he also mentioned that one reason he did not eco swap his car is because the transmission needs to be PERFECTLY aligned to what extent is this true.

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:23 PM
It has to be reasonably aligned.

Follow my how to and its easy.
Monday, October 29, 2012 3:29 PM
Ruben Torres wrote:ok so I recently met another jbody owner with an eco s/c. had a talk with him about the swap that I want to do and he basically told me that I am wasting my time but regardless I am continuing with it, he also mentioned that one reason he did not eco swap his car is because the transmission needs to be PERFECTLY aligned to what extent is this true.

I would love to know who you talked to.

I have done a fair share of Eco swaps including one of the first. Alignment should be right, but it is not rocket science. Measurements, double check, and weld.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:48 PM
Philly D wrote:It has to be reasonably aligned.

Follow my how to and its easy.

where can I find this how to
Addicted to meth wrote:
Ruben Torres wrote:ok so I recently met another jbody owner with an eco s/c. had a talk with him about the swap that I want to do and he basically told me that I am wasting my time but regardless I am continuing with it, he also mentioned that one reason he did not eco swap his car is because the transmission needs to be PERFECTLY aligned to what extent is this true.

I would love to know who you talked to.

I have done a fair share of Eco swaps including one of the first. Alignment should be right, but it is not rocket science. Measurements, double check, and weld.

his name is richard he has a black 03-05 coupe on gold wheels im pretty sure he is on here but regardless thanks for the info I was thinking the same thing. His car was the first eco s/c i have ever seen and after hearing it made me want to do it to mine more lol

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:56 PM
Eco swap my friend,you are on your way to being one of my favorite cars

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, October 29, 2012 5:09 PM
I wonder what the guy didnt like about his M62. The power wasnt anything spectacular, but it was still VERY VERY fun. The Harrop on the hand is ALOT more fun.

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:17 PM
alejandro davila wrote:Eco swap my friend,you are on your way to being one of my favorite cars

haha i am still going to

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:33 PM
You talked to Richard Crespo. He bought JHand's old car. The reason he didn't Ecotec swap his other car (if it's the one I'm thinking) is because it's a pre-2000, which makes it a lot harder than a 2k+ car, but I already told you that the night I met up with you. Honestly, it's more time than money since a full donor car can be had for under a grand these days. You really need to look into it so you realize what you're getting into... I mean REALLY realize it. As far as the trans mount, we did mine after he everything under the hood bolted up. The guy tac'ed it in place, we undid all the wiring and lines ran in the area, and he went to town on it.

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:06 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=50581&t=36216&p=1

The eco swap is not that hard persay...just labor intensive. If you have a donor car and time to work on it, its not to hard.

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:11 PM
Richard Crespo purchased my mp62 setup that was tuned by Ryan at PnP Tuning ( QWK LN2 ) and made 249 whp on a bone stock eco motor....it was by far the best mod I did to my car......maybe he doesn't want another mp62 eco in the area hahaha.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:14 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Richard Crespo purchased my mp62 setup that was tuned by Ryan at PnP Tuning ( QWK LN2 ) and made 249 whp on a bone stock eco motor....it was by far the best mod I did to my car......maybe he doesn't want another mp62 eco in the area hahaha.[/quote
haha probably
Philly D wrote:http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=41&i=50581&t=36216&p=1

The eco swap is not that hard persay...just labor intensive. If you have a donor car and time to work on it, its not to hard.

thanks for the link
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:You talked to Richard Crespo. He bought JHand's old car. The reason he didn't Ecotec swap his other car (if it's the one I'm thinking) is because it's a pre-2000, which makes it a lot harder than a 2k+ car, but I already told you that the night I met up with you. Honestly, it's more time than money since a full donor car can be had for under a grand these days. You really need to look into it so you realize what you're getting into... I mean REALLY realize it. As far as the trans mount, we did mine after he everything under the hood bolted up. The guy tac'ed it in place, we undid all the wiring and lines ran in the area, and he went to town on it.

Hmm interesting, im still down to do the swap its just a matter of time and money i think it will be a good learning experience for me, and thanks for the info

Monday, October 29, 2012 8:29 PM
Yeah man. Like I said, give me a call or a PM if you need anything.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:00 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Yeah man. Like I said, give me a call or a PM if you need anything.

for sure

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search