Engine Bay paint job on the cavy! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine Bay paint job on the cavy!
Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:01 PM

Whatcha guys think?

-plaz

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Engine Bay paint job on the cavy!
Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:06 PM
Do we really want flames in an engine bay?

Like the color though...

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:55 PM
don't have a wreck. that paint job probably cost more that the whole car is worth LOL
Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:38 PM
Hope you plan on hiding/tucking alot of the stuff under the hood, otherwise 90% of that artwork wont even be seen!

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:47 PM
This is very true we do not want flames in the engine bay lol. I painted them myself so worse case I'll just do em again (def not hoping for the worse case tho). Ya I do plan on tucking a lot of stuff so you can see them. Just kind of excited about it cause this is the first part actually be done!

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08 AM
looks sick!

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:26 AM
It looks better in blue on a sunfire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:26 AM

Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:28 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:It looks better in blue on a sunfire.

Beat me to it.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:33 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:It looks better in blue on a sunfire.

Ya I agree with you. I'm doing the interior and engine bay like this and the exterior I'm probably going to do it like the rendering I did on the image manipulation tab but instead of the candy apple green I'm thinking like a viper blue on the black.

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:35 AM
Your text to link here...

^ link previously mentioned.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:38 AM
No we mean that Jason Carroll already did that in blue. On the front of the car, the interior, the engine bay. Silver sunfire, blue flames.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:40 AM
Really I did not know that. Is he still on here? I'd like to see it.

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:46 AM
Damn I just found his car. It looks good. Ill try to get a new rendering up with the blue and black exterior.

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:03 PM
i don't hate it. i do hate your sig though. that's horrible.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:29 PM
Haha aww ...No your right it is pretty horrible lol. CS1 is not a good photoshop suite at all. Just FYI I am working on a different one so hopefully I'll have it up soon.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 4:12 PM
hey tyler im loving the way you are going with the exterior, are you going for wild colors interior and exterior, whats your theme, car looks good outside but my way of thinking is you should look into making the colors of either the engine bay or exterior flow alltogether.

Modding my j since I found the org
Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:08 PM
Well I've ran through a few different ideas with the paint scheme, but I'm leaning towards like the rendering but instead of candy green body doing a candy blue or viper blue. Then where the back meets the blue (currently green) I was thinking of doing a nice true flame in the same green as the engine bay but have barely fade from the black onto the blue. So same green flame throughout. It is a kind of hard idea to grasp but I think I'll be able to explain it better when I start the body.

But as for a theme not really going for anything in particular just what I like in extreme paint jobs. I am currently working on adapting my rear seats to accommodate 2 individual racing style seats instead of a bench. This way the box I'm working on can flow through the trunk to the interior (kind of like the water fall style that vettes use on their interiors).

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:34 PM
Tyler Ewy wrote:Haha aww ...No your right it is pretty horrible lol. CS1 is not a good photoshop suite at all. Just FYI I am working on a different one so hopefully I'll have it up soon.

if you pm i can make you a sig

Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:00 PM
Na, I'm ok. I've changed the sig since then and I rather like my new one. Thanks anyway.

-plaz

Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:17 PM
all that work and you didnt remove the battery tray, fuse box holders or air box holder!!!! dah fuq?!?!

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:24 PM
Nope, I don't have the wiring done to relocate the two. But nevertheless I do plan on it. I just will have to work around the paint. (really only thinking of the battery tray right now.) If you look you will notice that the flames conveniently do not venture on the tray or over the fuse box mount. That's because when I do cut those off I'll be able to repaint these areas and you'll never notice it

-plaz

Monday, September 24, 2012 1:13 PM
looks ok, but based on the build quality I don't see any of it coming together in the end product. That thing is a hack job deluxe

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:20 PM
Lol wow ok. Well permit me to disagree with your choice of words but "Build quality?" It is a picture of a stripped engine bay. Sorry if I'm blunt but you have no idea of my build quality at this point. You simply know what the paint scheme of the engine bay is. That is like saying that rocket won't break the atmosphere because it's red. It just doesn't make sense. Anyways to each his own, but I'm not too focused on the engine paint job right now because literally if I tuck every possible thing you'll still only see 50% of it. I am much more focused on the engine right now.

-plaz

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:06 PM
Eh...

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:41 PM
I feel that a lot of people are looking at my hood ...Ok I'll give you that, it's ugly as *%&# but that is no longer on the car. I don't have any updated pics of the body (the one on my page and in my sig are from about a year and a half ago) The hood was a way out-there idea for a scoop. Really just using it as a template for my little brother to learn some basic body work stuff. Anyways I digress, I just wanted to put that out there lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search