It is a disease - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: It is a disease
Monday, December 19, 2011 7:47 PM
Thank you for the advice. I will be searching for it in the morning.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:17 PM
Late Update:

Fixed the vacuum leak. One of the hard plastic lines to the throttle body was broke. Car runs perfect now... Motor wise. I can barely tell it is running when I am idling. No shaking and almost no noise. If i have the blower fan on the lowest setting, then I can't hear a damn thing. Still need to replace the struts and all the other crap... I have all the parts already, but I feel like procrastinating a little, lol. I think I should have more free time Tuesday or Wednesday, but now its time to grab a beer and relax for the holidays some.

Monday, January 16, 2012 8:00 PM
How did you get the head cover off. I have tried multiple times and can't get it.
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:06 PM
do you mean the head or the valve cover?

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:08 PM
Haha head.
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:10 PM
And the valve cover.
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:26 PM
I will assume head. You have to remove the power steering pump. (the bolts are located in the holes on the pulley and I think one in the back) Remove the alternator, alternator bracket, and the upper motor mount. Remove the belt, belt tensioner, and bracket on the passenger side of head. Unhook the fuel lines on both sides of the head. There is also a bolt holding the fuel return line to the bottom of the intake. Unbolt the bracket from the intake to the power steering. Undo your throttle cable and cruise cable. Unplug the temp sensor, throttle sensor, map sensor, and idle air control valve.Unplug sensor in intake pipe. Take the intake pipe off. (two screw clamps) Take off the throttle body, upper intake plenum? Unhook the upper radiator hose... or just remove the entire piece from the side of the head and sit it to the side.(seemed easier) Take off the valve cover and remove all the rockers,springs. Remove exhaust header from the head...or remove the studs... (use penetrating oil on all the studs,bolts. (keep them in the same order as they came off) Remove the 5 bolts inside the head and the 5 studs on the front of the head. The head should now come loose.

Also make sure you put a block off wood and a jack to hold the motor up when you remove the upper motor mount. DONT jack up the motor with the jack, just something to sit under there and keep the motor from moving.

Also, I used a Haynes Manual that you can get at any autoparts store... (or Chilton's manual)

Sorry... hope you can understand, lol.

Anything else, just ask.

the bolt holding the fuel line on the driver side is a hex bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 16, 2012 9:29 PM

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:31 PM
and be careful with the plastic lines that run to the top of the intake (the plastic box thing) They unhook down at the bottom. I broke mine... just a warning. lol

Monday, January 16, 2012 9:53 PM
How does the valve cover come off though. That's the only thing I couldn't figure out for some reason.
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:57 PM
the valve cover is held on by one stud/bolt up front and five more bolts. They are like 6mm bolts I believe. Black ones that are all around the outside of the cover. If it is kinda hard to get up, then just stick a big screwdriver in the breather hole up front and push up (without the breather in the hole, lol) Stuff a towel in the hole first so ya don't scratch anything.

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:02 PM
Alright. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something. So its just tough to get up??

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:16 PM
Sometimes, The gasket seal has to be broke loose.

Monday, January 16, 2012 10:32 PM
Gay.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:11 AM
It's usually not that hard to remove the valve cover. Just remove all the bolts from it, and pop it up. If it's resisting, then use a screw driver carefully. (don't wanna damage the mating surface for the gasket).

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:06 PM
HAHA, UPDATE:

So I broke down the other day in this thing. The ORIGINAL belt tensioner pulley decided to lock up and pop my belt off and bend the tensioner to crap... destroying it as well. Good news is I got a new tensioner and tensioner pulley. But so far it has been very dependable and can't be happier. I will have more progress pics sometime soon.

Friday, April 06, 2012 10:23 PM
Stupid picture

Love at first sight.

My car and a Malibu. Both same color with white hoods. I came outside and saw this guy parked in front of me.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 1:53 AM
hey i know its been a while but just seen this post. im sure u have it fixed by now but i have my old intake tube just chillin in the shop if u need it....did u ever solve ur tranny mount bolt problem? i replaced all my mounts about a yr ago and had the same problem

Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:31 AM

lol

Sunday, April 08, 2012 6:35 AM
Daniel Cooper wrote:hey i know its been a while but just seen this post. im sure u have it fixed by now but i have my old intake tube just chillin in the shop if u need it....did u ever solve ur tranny mount bolt problem? i replaced all my mounts about a yr ago and had the same problem

Yes. I got the intake fixed... but as far as the auto mount... nope. I returned the one I bought. I replaced the top motor mount and that fixed all the movement I had going on. The car runs now and you can barely feel it running when idling.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 7:24 PM
well ill tell u this.. i cant remember what the bolt head was but i ended up takin the whole mount off the tranny and putting it in a vice with a cheater bar...but i did get mine changed out. after that i just popped everything back in.. thats a hard center bolt to get out and u cant get proper leverage on the car

Sunday, April 08, 2012 9:52 PM
Daniel Cooper wrote:well ill tell u this.. i cant remember what the bolt head was but i ended up takin the whole mount off the tranny and putting it in a vice with a cheater bar...but i did get mine changed out. after that i just popped everything back in.. thats a hard center bolt to get out and u cant get proper leverage on the car

Good to know man. I appreciate it.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 11:14 PM
ur welcome...also. idk if maybe it was just mine..but i had trouble gettin the tranny bolts realigned.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:31 PM
Oh.... SOLD IT! Lol

/end thread

Friday, September 14, 2012 4:50 PM
lol. Make money on it? Break even?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:42 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:lol. Make money on it? Break even?

I made about 500 bucks profit. Profit is profit. lol. The guy even talked me down a hundred. Still worked for me. lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search