Engine Bay paint job on the cavy! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Engine Bay paint job on the cavy!
Monday, September 24, 2012 4:42 PM
On the topic of hoods I really like the Impreza STI hood scoop has anyone done this to a cavy or fire?

-plaz

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Monday, September 24, 2012 5:12 PM
Yes its been done to a fire..

Looked ok..
Monday, September 24, 2012 5:13 PM
Monday, September 24, 2012 5:19 PM
Hmm, Ya that looks ok. For some reason I was thinking it would look better. Idk I'll probably just stay with the stock hood. Maybe do some vents or something.

-plaz

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:54 AM
Tyler Ewy wrote:Lol wow ok. Well permit me to disagree with your choice of words but "Build quality?" It is a picture of a stripped engine bay. Sorry if I'm blunt but you have no idea of my build quality at this point. You simply know what the paint scheme of the engine bay is. That is like saying that rocket won't break the atmosphere because it's red. It just doesn't make sense. Anyways to each his own, but I'm not too focused on the engine paint job right now because literally if I tuck every possible thing you'll still only see 50% of it. I am much more focused on the engine right now.

-plaz

You're right, I should have been more specific about my "build quality" and "hack job" comments.

WTF is this thing?

Oh, now I get it. You cut a stock metal hood, cut up a cardboard box and let a retarded monkey throw a giant can of bondo at the hood as he would if he were throwing his own @!#$.

This thing is way more legit than any custom car I've seen on JBO. Well executed.

These "splitters" are another real gem of true craftsmanship. Are these cardboard also?

quality fitment right here

I don't have the time or the stomach to post all the pics you have detailing what you seem to find as progress, but anyone who is curious can just go to his cardomain.

Sorry, next time I'll be more specific and clarify my comments.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:27 AM
lol joey

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:20 AM
thank you for being more descriptive. but i will repeat this was done almost 3 years ago. and as i already said this is not this way anymore. if you would have noticed that even in my profile picture these things are not there. my profile pic which i have already stated is almost 2 years old. so to sum up this rant, these things are not on the car as i hav already stated.

-plaz

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:19 PM
Well thank God for that, because that thing is/was an abomination. In fact, it's Cavaliers like that that make it hard for the rest of us with legit, well-built j-bodies to get any respect in the tuner scene in the first place. Hell, I don't even mind the Buddy Club kit, but that hood, that roof.. tunnel .. even those "splitters" are just horrendous.

Btw, someone already did Viper Blue. And yes, it looks amazing on a jay.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:15 AM

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:44 AM
O.O did you actually drive it like that?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:53 PM
Lol damn guys. Let me explain this car was originally my brothers. I was showing him some body work techniques and he ran with it. I just got back from the service a year ago and that is what it was. So... I have only had the car for the last year. No I never drove it like that but that is the history nonetheless. So that being said, I have never drove the car as soon as I got it I pulled the engine and started the tranny swap.

The person who did the viper blue and black what was their layout? Was it black on top or blue? What do you guys think with the order? I personally like black on top but any ideas?

-plaz

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:17 PM
It was just Viper Blue, no two-tone. He's rocking a TRD kit, fender flares, and Toyo tails.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:32 PM
Awesome. I'm thinking a two-tone black on top viper blue on bottom. We'll see how it looks in the end.

-plaz

Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:33 PM
Honestly, I think the green on black would be more unique, and pretty cool. Blue, while very cool on black or silver, is more common. Do something that stands out more. The quality of the airbrushing looks pretty good. Just make sure your surface is completely smooth before you lay the flames down.

I'd love to see the inside of the wheels flamed to match. Just enough so you can see it, but it's not overwhelming to the car.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:55 PM
Hmm inside of the wheels. I love that idea very unusual. Ya I've been thinking of doing a green and black two tone on the exterior. It would fuse better with the engine bay and over all be more pleasing to look at.

So is that the verdict everyone? Do a black and green exterior.

-plaz

Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:31 PM
I'd just do the car black and carry the flames to the exterior.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:28 PM
Ya, I have entertained that idea. I getting ready to start the roll cage and I plan on fiberglassing the interior of the roof and painting it that way. So I think I'll us that to see how it comes out. Thanks

-plaz

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search