Look what I found after 8 years of looking - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Look what I found after 8 years of looking
Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:17 PM
Sad. I could buy it right now, but it is COMPLETELY stripped. Custom interior removed, rear fiberglass enclosure has been spray painted black, air ride has been removed and hoses hanging in wheel wells, Giovanna 19" Kobe rims gone . APR carbon splitter is gone, APR carbon fiber carnards are yes you guessed it gone. He is selling it for $4,200 I offered him $1,500 and only because it has sentimental value to me. 32,500 miles on it now. I think I am just going to walk away from this. I would have to invest a ton to get it to where it was and that is just not a smart move for me right now.

Re: Look what I found after 8 years of looking
Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:39 PM
Monday, December 03, 2012 12:03 AM

Monday, December 03, 2012 9:43 AM
i say go for it man, i never knew that was your car! did it at one time have white graphics? it still would be a cool car to have.

Monday, December 03, 2012 11:05 AM
This is how is used to look bro. It is way to hacked up. I talked with the guy yesterday and it only has 30k for mileage, but it has been beat to @!#$ and has not been taken care of at all. I guess the last owner who bought it from the guy I sold it to in Ohio was a drug addict and stripped the car for the fix. Honestly broke me heart to see it like this. If I bought it I would strip the kit, go with the Z bumper with LS lip, rk side skirts and Z rear bumper. Remove rear wing, add coilovers, new wheels and remove the entire rear enclosure since its been hacked to bad.. I think I just need to let it go

Monday, December 03, 2012 2:12 PM
mother of god..... not only do I remember that car, I remember seeing it in person.

Monday, December 03, 2012 3:25 PM
Xbox to PlayStation...... so sad. but no, what he did to that car is terrible.

Monday, December 03, 2012 4:05 PM
meckster wrote:mother of god..... not only do I remember that car, I remember seeing it in person.

2004, year of your orange monster!

Monday, December 03, 2012 4:42 PM
Dat engine bay.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, December 03, 2012 6:08 PM
When did you see it in person Greg? I definitely would have know if it was when I owned it. Please man fill me in! Any history I can get on this old car of mine would be appreciated..

Monday, December 03, 2012 6:30 PM
Sick car!!! This is what keeps me in love with j- body's. Hopefully the new owner knows of the history amd can restore to as possible.
Aslo does anyone know what kind of wheels that was on the silver car behind his car. They are split 5-spoke but can't place the brand. Those whould look great on my cav.

Monday, December 03, 2012 7:16 PM
That car looks incredible! I'm in love with those white and green seat covers. That sucks what happened to it. Oh and the wheels on the silver car are Konig Unknowns.

Monday, December 03, 2012 7:24 PM
I can't believe it has nine bids... And that he has the nerve to ask that much for it.

Nine times out of ten, when someone sells a nice, well-modded car, the new owner ends up trashing it, stripping it, or flipping it for twice what they paid for it. It's best to just let it go, man.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, December 03, 2012 7:31 PM
I hate to say it but I like the way it looks now better, not counting wheels and suspension. I respect the work put into it and the sentimental value it has to all the old members here, but all that flash is oldschool.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:39 AM
I agree the times have definitely changed man! But did you see the rear fiberglass enclosure? It was cut up with a hacksaw from what he told me by the previous owner so he could sell the Kicker solobaric for drug money and then spray painted black.. Very sad to see it get hacked so bad was what bothereed me, not the change in the color scheme.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:57 AM
Ok I will say I liked your sub better, it looked cleaner. They could have done a better job there.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:31 PM
Not arguing with the fact that times have changed. My car has changed also! But they need to come out with another fast and furious movie advertising the body kits! And bright colors! I miss those years. IMO it was better than it is now, and people defiantly spent more money in those years. It would really make a turn around In the industry.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:26 PM
A cavalier still around after 8 years?

I hate to say it, you should be happy that it is still around, period. Should be in a junkyard now, considering these are throwaway cars anyways...

Either rise up to the challenge and try again, or just let it go.

If you are posting it and it really bothers you that much, maybe it's time to try again....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:05 PM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:Not arguing with the fact that times have changed. My car has changed also! But they need to come out with another fast and furious movie advertising the body kits! And bright colors! I miss those years. IMO it was better than it is now, and people defiantly spent more money in those years. It would really make a turn around In the industry.

thank you..well put
just seems theres no creativity with anything now. Most evertything now has no creativity. More less the custom scene has died down..Granted back in the day there was alot of crap and junk out but it just seemed to be a more "fun" time period
Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:54 PM
I couldn't agree more! That is why I am designing my Sentra the way I am, I love being creative and I am able to do so on a daily basis since I started my own business As far as the F&F is concerned, well I'll never forget how I felt after leaving the movie theater after seeing it for the 1st time. That culture, the Mi familia of it was forever instilled in me

Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:12 PM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:Not arguing with the fact that times have changed. My car has changed also! But they need to come out with another fast and furious movie advertising the body kits! And bright colors! I miss those years. IMO it was better than it is now, and people defiantly spent more money in those years. It would really make a turn around In the industry.

More money? Puuuuuuuuuhlease. For the money it takes to put on a FG body kit and a paint job I could get the machining work done on my engine and thats about it.

I think Ima go watch the OG F&F.

Friday, December 07, 2012 12:57 AM

To be honest, people are spending just as much, if not more these days, its just on different things. The focus has shifted from show to go these days. Back in the day, it wasnt uncommon to see someone drop 10G's on bodywork, paint and interior. These days, its not uncommon to see people drop that amount, if not more into the engine.
I personally prefer the way it is now, but then again, I have never really been a show car kinda person.
Adam, I KNOW this is hard for you to see, but its not worth it. The car has been hacked to @!#$ since you owned it and it would take more than a few grand to get it back to a point that you would enjoy it again. This is one reason that Im happy I ended up parting out my car, I knew that I would never see it hacked up and destroyed by somebody else.

Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:38 AM
Pretty sure It was at a bash about 8 years ago or so. Can't really remember. Its been so long. Or maybe its because I just remember that car very well. Been here to long.

Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:36 PM
My dad ownes a body shop. We were the only shop around that would take the time to put the cheap fiberglass body kits on. Back then you could just drive around and find some cars to cruise with or drag race. Now since the movie has faded out you can't find anything like that. I can't stand the new scene. I love Adams car with the graphics! Shows personality, talent, dedication, and creativity. Most cars on this site lacks that because of the era.

Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:07 PM

"Adam, I KNOW this is hard for you to see, but its not worth it. The car has been hacked to @!#$ since you owned it and it would take more than a few grand to get it back to a point that you would enjoy it again. This is one reason that Im happy I ended up parting out my car, I knew that I would never see it hacked up and destroyed by somebody else."

I couldn't agree with you more bro! Its just not realistic for me anymore anyways.

"Pretty sure It was at a bash about 8 years ago or so. Can't really remember. Its been so long. Or maybe its because I just remember that car very well. Been here to long."

Greg It very well could have been both. I sold in in 2005 so it might have been at the jbody bash in 2006 because the person I sold it to Barry Kisselman also live in Ohio where the bash is held..

"My dad ownes a body shop. We were the only shop around that would take the time to put the cheap fiberglass body kits on. Back then you could just drive around and find some cars to cruise with or drag race. Now since the movie has faded out you can't find anything like that. I can't stand the new scene. I love Adams car with the graphics! Shows personality, talent, dedication, and creativity. Most cars on this site lacks that because of the era."

Mike thanks so very much brother!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search