Y3llowCav's Progress Thread - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Y3llowCav's Progress Thread
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:07 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Ninja Bling wrote:Oh man I want that sc he got chilling on that tool case.... /envy

I have a better idea.. You sell your car to cmac, buy Derek's car. We fly down, swap out the injectors for the 36#ers and plug in the reflash for the time being then road trip all the way back to RI. Then we can stop in PA on the way home, install the bigger injectors and goodies and call Oldskool for a solid tune. Then we go eat cobalts together.

That be a great idea, but I see a few flaws lol
1) Cmac, broke, no job, in love with his mx-6, plus the Cmac > thing (inside joke)
2) My car is sentimental value to it, it's the seco d J I got straight giving to me by my bro, not to mention he's the one who got me on J's and I would love to make his car better then he could get it (again lol)
3) I like how we're both yellow when we goto meets. Ying and yang man (another inside joke)

BlueDD- your not up for selling it are you? Lol my bad I won't thread jack.

Also y3llow you wanna buy my springs?

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:10 PM
Another thing man, ya shoulda said something earlier cause I would have just straight traded my springs for yours and bought a new set of kyb's lol

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:53 AM
Since the install of the smaller pulley and bigger injectors I've been having the occasional p0300 code coming up (random/multiple misfire). I attributed it to my !@#$ injector harness. I know I really blotched cylinder 3 and once I got a code for cylinder 3 misfire instead of the random misfire.

Anyway, I made a nice new harness and plugged it in on Sunday. The car ran GREAT on the way home with no problems. Drove it again last night and it feels like I lost a little ground on performance again. Then I get the p0300 code again... Cleared it, drove the rest of the night with no codes. I know a lot of boosted guys are getting this code sporadically too, so more research is underway. Maybe I'll try swapping out the #3 injector, I have 4 extras. I know some time ago they were all flowed matched but maybe it finally went bad.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:00 AM
I get a random p0300 as well. Never felt the car stumble or anything. Just get a code a d then it would be fine. Same as my friend supercharged sunfire.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:19 AM
Thanks for chiming in; I know I've seen a few people mention it before. How often do you get the code? I get it almost every other time I drive the car and it usually comes up a few minutes after start-up. Once the car is at operating temp I usually don't have trouble. Maybe I'll make another thread about this..

Edit: P0300 + m62

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:42 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 1:38 PM
I was getting it when I had problems with a vacuum leak on my intake manifold gasket.
then again with the fuel injector plug/harness was broken inside the wire covering (was very hard to spot at first). this one MAY have been firing off the P0301 (cylinder 1 specific) since it was that plug harness ground wire that broke.
really fouled plugs, broken wires on the harness, vacuum leaks, etc. are all things ive dealt with since this build. i wouldnt imagine a pulley upgrade (downsize) would cause a misfire...

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:01 PM
I replied in your other thread, but when I ran basically the same set up you are currently on, I ran the NGK LTR61X-11 1 step colder with 0 issues.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:32 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Thanks for chiming in; I know I've seen a few people mention it before. How often do you get the code? I get it almost every other time I drive the car and it usually comes up a few minutes after start-up. Once the car is at operating temp I usually don't have trouble. Maybe I'll make another thread about this..

Edit: P0300 + m62

Thats the exact issue I have..

Once its up to operating temp its fine and I cant remember ever getting the code, but when its cold and epecially during the winter months it was almost everyday. Withing 5 min of driving it would come one. Always around 2500-3000 rpm. Never feel a stumble or anything.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:44 AM
I found a minor leak around my fpr. Got that all sealed up and swapped out the #3 injector. Also pulled the #3 plug, looks good to me. It's been almost a week and haven't had the code since, hoping that got it all squared away.

Also had an early Christmas yesterday:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:44 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:12 AM
Nice...did you get the yellow pads to match the car lol?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:14 AM
Luke C wrote:Nice...did you get the yellow pads to match the car lol?

Perhaps They just happen to also the best street/strip pads. My only concern is that they're going to blow out brake dust like crazy.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:33 AM
If you've had experience witht the hawk hps pads give us a little review once you've broken them in and all that. The hawks are nice but they really only start working good when they're hot. I suppose it's a good balance.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:45 PM
very nice!
brakes are next once im all back and running again. want to upgrade my fronts and just redo the drums.
Im also going to do a custom brake cooling mod that my friend has which is obviously stock on his C5 vette. very simple mod and it'll make a difference if you're hard on the brakes with lots of hill country or race track driving

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:34 PM
Brakes installed:

Didn't have time to paint the calipers and knuckle so that's next. They need it BAD.

Then snapped some pictures after the carwash. They turned out blurrier than I was hoping but you get the idea..

Heading to the track tomorrow weather permitting. Hopefully I can get a few good runs in..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:06 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:59 PM
Grrrrr its so shiny!!! /jelousy

Lol =D

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:47 PM
Ninja Bling wrote:Grrrrr its so shiny!!! /jelousy

Lol =D

lol and after Saturday you know WHY its so shiney :p

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:36 AM
Finally had a moment to replace the plugs. I snapped some pictures of the ngk 6509's that I'm replacing to hopefully fix my random P0300 code. Left to right is cylinder 1,2,3,4:

Rarely it will throw both P0300 and P0303(cylinder 3 misfire). And even more rarely it will throw a P0303 instead of the usual P0300. From the look of these plugs cylinder 3 definitely seems to be the leanest; at least by comparison. I've already swapped out that injector and checked the area in the fuel rail for debris with no improvement. Popped in some ngk 6510's, hopefully that fixes the issue.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:55 AM
How do you like the Yellow pads and black dash rotors? They are by far my favorite factory sized rotor and pad combo I've run over the 10 yrs I've had a j.

Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:24 AM
JUCNBST wrote:How do you like the Yellow pads and black dash rotors? They are by far my favorite factory sized rotor and pad combo I've run over the 10 yrs I've had a j.

Love them. They're definitely high performance but you don't need to warm them up like crazy for them to work right either. Totally worth the money in my opinion. I had green stuff pads before and they were way better than stock but the yellow stuff blows them away.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, June 08, 2013 1:48 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:How do you like the Yellow pads and black dash rotors? They are by far my favorite factory sized rotor and pad combo I've run over the 10 yrs I've had a j.

Love them. They're definitely high performance but you don't need to warm them up like crazy for them to work right either. Totally worth the money in my opinion. I had green stuff pads before and they were way better than stock but the yellow stuff blows them away.

On second look I'm actually pretty disappointed with these pads. The rotors seem good but the pads get hot and mushy way too easy for my liking. The green stuff pads I had before seem like they were better than these. I also got out and checked my fluid to see if that was the problem but it wasn't too hot and it wasn't boiling or anything. I'll be changing the fluid out anyway because it's getting old but man those things got hot and really didn't perform well today. I'll definitely be going with a different pad next time.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:00 PM
Hawk hps pads

Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:20 PM
x2
Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:39 PM
X3

Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:29 PM
Thanks guys guess ill go with those next. I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt by changing the fluid out with some new dot 4 but I'm not holding my breath. The green stuff pads i had before were phenomenal so I'm honestly wondering if these are defective. They work great when they're cold, lol. Also I sent EBC a scathing letter. I'll be interested to see how they respond.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:47 AM
Oh, best part of the Hawk HPS...$18.99 at Pep Boys. At least the last two times I purchased they were

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search