Projects for Winter '12-'13 - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Projects for Winter '12-'13
Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:48 PM
thats a good idea brad, i forgot about those.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:45 PM
so good news is it runs tonight, bad news is that the VATS disable didnt take.
Monday, April 01, 2013 7:28 AM
VATS fixed?

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:58 AM
Spencer did you use HPT to disable it?

You have to be sure you get every engine code related to it...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, April 01, 2013 6:15 PM
yes Mike at milzy did use HPT to delete it but apparently the N body PCM can have security issues that may still require the BCM to be in the loop. So im changing to a W body pcm , which does not have the security issues the N bodies do. hes working on it now, and im about to put my harness on a diet tomorrow. Ordering the pin removal tools tomorrow so i can neatly remove all the BS from teh harness. Im glad im taking a while with this and tearing up a couple of harnesses, my understanding of how to hook everything up is increasing. Luckily complete harnesses are on $15 at the pull a part.

Once i have the harness slimmed down i can do my extensions and fuse box placement and start running the harness through the frame rails.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:55 PM
Working on the harness tonight. Stripping unused circuits out. This it all that was removed.

Heres the harness without all the bs. Still a coupke things there that could be removed.

Lots of real estate opened up in the pcm connectors.

Just power and relay drivers left. Couple of cruise wires are left in this pic however.
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:40 PM
Great work man! love seeing progress on this!

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:06 PM
stripped down the cavailer harness today, down to bare circuits that go from the C100 to the fuse block and the 14 or so wires left from the PCM connectors that are the relay drivers and what not. Should be ready to merge them soon. The wiring inst very hard once you take the two harnesses and remove them pin by pin, since you know what everything does afterwards. Actually de-pinned some things from the C100 such as the abs leads, abs fuse outputs and some unneeded cruis wires. Cleaning up nicely.
Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:06 AM
Did you buy a trailer yet?

Thursday, April 04, 2013 10:52 AM
Im sure its a lot better than cutting with side cutters. De-pinning looks a heck of a lot easier and cleaner.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:16 PM
no trailer yet lol.

and yes de-pinning is 100% better and not really that hard. I did it all with just a small pick.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:27 PM
aftermath of the old 2.4 donor harness i used. Depinned every single one so i knew what went where.
Thursday, April 04, 2013 6:28 PM

Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:24 PM
Still like this build and your attention to detail. Keep fighting the good fight.

Friday, April 05, 2013 4:09 AM
Did you say you were going to pin in some normal things? Use up spots in the connector that are now empty? Not sure how that works.

Friday, April 05, 2013 6:07 AM
Spencer wrote:no trailer yet lol.

and yes de-pinning is 100% better and not really that hard. I did it all with just a small pick.

Well your not a mini trucker yet. Lol. Are you gonna un pin the grand am harness and pin it in to the j harness to eliminate the cutting and splicing? Or are you already done with it?

Friday, April 05, 2013 5:26 PM
the harness is mostly complete, and yes i will just need to repin the old pins in the new pcm connectors. I have enough extra wire with pin still attached i may not have to cut/ solder anything.

It starts and runs turnkey on the first try tonight!
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:08 PM
just for brad, i know im gonna get my balls busted for using the braided supply line. lol

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:35 AM
Crap for stainless braided? Why? I think stainless braided is super clean looking for feed and return lines.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:52 PM
well here it is gentlemen, well at least half of it. instead of hard wiring it all together i opted for a modular connector right after the cav C100. Make it so i can detace the 3400 engine harness in on clean sweep if i need to in the future and to help with the wire tuck later. Swap is narrowed down to 11 wires for me.

Plug and play 3400 C100 Harness, im pretty proud of this .
Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:54 PM
the only wires outside of the white plug are the starter solenoid lead (yellow), cooling fan (lt blue), and a small tail off green wire to the a/c clutch for future use.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:49 AM
Ha, thats one naked harness. Props man. Looks great. Perfect if you ever need to pull the harness out in a hurry.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:11 PM
yerd run today, got a GA rack/pinion and installed it so i can use the lines.

also got things to mount the pcm

stock pcm holder thing from under the dash.

fits in the re and bolts to one of the old abs module studs after trimming on of te tabs off it to clear the clutch pedal bracket.

not sure if its going to be too low or not.

blah dash mess.
Monday, April 15, 2013 7:04 AM
Really impressive work with the harness man

Keep it up!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, April 15, 2013 9:44 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Crap for stainless braided? Why? I think stainless braided is super clean looking for feed and return lines.

its just personal preference, i prefer hard lines ran to contour and compliment engine components vs flopping in the wind braided ones all over the place.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search