Projects for Winter '12-'13 - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Projects for Winter '12-'13
Monday, April 15, 2013 1:31 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Crap for stainless braided? Why? I think stainless braided is super clean looking for feed and return lines.

its just personal preference, i prefer hard lines ran to contour and compliment engine components vs flopping in the wind braided ones all over the place.

Facepalm...

Looking great Spencer. I envy this build and your attention to detail.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:27 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Crap for stainless braided? Why? I think stainless braided is super clean looking for feed and return lines.

its just personal preference, i prefer hard lines ran to contour and compliment engine components vs flopping in the wind braided ones all over the place.

Who's flop in the wind all over the place? his look very well hidden especially the 180 off the turbo.. Mine are all bracketed down for the ones that are out in the open... I prefer stainless braided with flex in case plans change... like mine did for my feed line. Like you said... personal preference

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:21 PM
i would have perferred the hard lines they do look great but this will allow me to remove the turbo without removing all the lines too. Hard line on the air management however, i do plan on that.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:17 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:

Who's flop in the wind all over the place? his look very well hidden especially the 180 off the turbo.. Mine are all bracketed down for the ones that are out in the open... I prefer stainless braided with flex in case plans change... like mine did for my feed line. Like you said... personal preference

LOL right, we'll your's is probably one of the only ones i do not mind them on because time was taken to route them to look good and to be fastened down. most people just have them lying all of the place and dont care about length or form etc. your's look just fine.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:24 PM
Got my FPR mounted finally tonight. Big thanks Goes out to Mark at OEM. Got mark the sketch and measurements and he got it done!

Made some adjustments from errors on my part, but it does exactly what i planned.

The lines arent in their finally positions yet, still gotta order some new hose and get clamps to tie them down to the transmission. Sorry for the crappy pic.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:24 PM
go tmy down pipe made tonight, fits nicely the first time lol. got a couple of mandrel 45*s from work and they did the trick.

dont mind the crap weld on the o2 bump that was part of the existing pipe, going to redo that.

also got set back a bit because i blew some of my project money on this beauty. Complete kit , all brackets, cruise cable, and injectors, for the low price of $280. Just when i decide to remove the quad4 i find it, the v6 most likely wouldnt have happened if i had found it earlier.....

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:43 PM
Damn. Thats a steal. Guess you need another J to put it in.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:26 PM
I just found this thread. Great attention to detail on everything. Cant wait to see the finished product! Fantastic work!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:14 PM
Thank man! Slow progress lately...
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:09 PM
Keep it up looks sweet

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:30 PM
$280!? Dear god... is there anything wrong with the charger?

What are you going to put it on now that the V6 is in?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:51 AM
lol spencer and your epic junkyard.... you suck man. AGAIN.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:23 PM
theres nothing wrong with it, its gorgeous inside actually (thats what she said). I dont know what its going on, i just bought it to have.
Friday, May 24, 2013 8:21 PM
starting to look more final, finally...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:00 PM
Thats a thing of beauty.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:11 PM
Looks great, Spencer.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:23 PM
Dope ! So fresh so clean ! Keep it up
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:09 PM
Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:55 PM
All I can say is WOW! I`m still drooling at all the shiny parts going in to your car...

BLACKMANTIS
Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:59 PM
Love this build! Amazing work and very clean! I used the a 95 Monte Carlo alternator bracket and alternator on mine and I have good clearance between the alternator and the drier, just used a pre-gen Grand Am A/C compressor and tweeked the lines a bit, so little modification to the A/C.

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures
Saturday, June 08, 2013 12:07 AM
Pearl white = amazing underhood!

pearl white charge pipes?

Saturday, June 08, 2013 6:38 AM
Phil, i removed the underhood a/c just so its not in view, never thought of it hitting something. Since im using the malibu a/c system its all in the fenderwell. And yes the pipes will be white to match the engine,
Sunday, June 09, 2013 11:21 AM
wowwie/// im sub on this build!

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, June 09, 2013 12:11 PM
Awesomeness

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:58 PM
Some random pics of my tube.

Harness loom

little chrome breather

Also got the brake lines finalized, just need to bleed them. May need to extend the ICM plug to let the harness set on the bell housing to keep it centered under the Y pipe.

Good progress today.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search