my 02 sunfire - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my 02 sunfire
Friday, February 08, 2013 2:32 PM
Here let me help

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:40 PM
well thats kind of rude

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:01 PM

It's bad...really, really bad

Stop shopping at Pep Boys and start really soaking in the pictures and threads on this forum. You're money would've been so much better spent on a set of drop springs and a used set of 17" rims off Craigslist.

Friday, February 08, 2013 4:37 PM
whats so bad besides the hood scoops ? and the radio bezel

Friday, February 08, 2013 7:17 PM
I have some 2005 Pontiac side skirts would make it look good , take the Sunfire badge off the doors lower the car , get some 17s and tint , lose the Sunfire above the radio .
Friday, February 08, 2013 8:17 PM
I have tint I can remove sunfire symbols when weather clears up and I don't think I'm gunna lower it and what's the diff rancor of side skirts ? I already got painted ones?

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:24 PM
My bad on tint couldn't remmeber if u had tint lol.
Friday, February 08, 2013 9:25 PM
They look a lot better than the SE skirts. Just try to remember that less is more when it comes to this @!#$. The comment about not buying your mods from Pep Boys is spot-on.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, February 08, 2013 9:27 PM
Too bad I've never been to pep boys lol and do yu have a pic of the other skirts

Friday, February 08, 2013 9:29 PM
Yup a lot better ,You painted yours black makes the car look like a 4x4 sorry .
Friday, February 08, 2013 9:31 PM
Humm google 2005 Sunfire

Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:53 AM
tim adams wrote:Too bad I've never been to pep boys lol

If you're gonna take everything I say literally, this' gonna take a really long time. The hood scoops don't work, the window stickers don't work, the fog lights are ugly, I'm not a fan of vent visors...

Early picture of my car, back in 2001. Not a lot of money invested, but it's clean and simple: rims, drop, de-badged, clear turn signals up front, red marker lights to match the rear, window tint. And if you don't lower this car, it'll never look good--sorry.

Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:30 AM
im looking to be pointed in a better direction not ragged on for whats done already

Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:44 AM
what about the rk sport ground effects kit for it? fronk lip rear lip and side skirts?

Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:45 AM
or a good body kit around 800 or less

Saturday, February 09, 2013 9:06 AM
The very last thing you should be looking at right now is a body kit. But what do I know...I've only been a member of this community and website for 13-years.

And y'know what...if you insist on being stubborn...have at it! Car looks AWESOME!!

Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:22 AM
and ive only had a car for almost two years im not trying to be stubborn im looking for the right direction im gunna have 800 dollars for my car soon im looking for the direction to go im sorry if i came across2 the wrong way but im not trying to be rude or anything im looking for help doing mods on a small budget that all

Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:18 PM
Some of us have a small budget .
Saturday, February 09, 2013 2:23 PM
Even more of a reason to not waste it on mods just for the sake of mods.

Save money and time doing it right the first time around.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:02 PM
A few things you can do on a small budget that will make your Sunfire look a lot cleaner (in other words, these are the things I would do to it if it were mine):

1. Remove the side moldings and "Sunfire" badges from the doors.
2. Remove the front license plate and license plate mount.
3. Remove the fog lights.
4. Remove the window deflectors.
5. Re-paint the front grilles black.
6. Remove the "arrowhead" badge from the front bumper cover.
7. Get some 1995-1999 Sunfire GT clear front marker lights and eBay clear front side marker lights.
8. Color match the outer mirrors, door handles and trunk bezel.
9. Cut your antenna down to about 8" and put a black cap on the end of it.

Now for things that cost a little more, but will also really make a difference:
1. Remove the spoiler or try to find a spoiler-less trunk lid in a junkyard.
2. Get a nice suspension setup i.e. KYB AGX shocks and struts and Eibach Pro Kit springs (this will give you a nice drop [~1.4"] without too harsh of a ride... perfect for a daily driver on rougher roads).
3. Get some nice 17" wheels (keep the offset around +45 so they don't stick out of the wheel wells too much) and some 225/45/17 tires.
4. Have evil eyelids welded to the factory hood.

My suggestions for the interior would be to keep it simple. Grab a graphite headliner, sunshade, sunroof trim and visors from a junkyard. Maybe try to get some GT seats and leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle. Also, a 2003-2005 Sunfire dash pad.

As others have said, I am not bashing you for what you have done to your Sunfire already. I am simply giving you some ideas on things you can do to improve the look of it and make it look respectable. I have owned 2 Sunfires in the past (2002 Sunfire GT Coupe & 2002 Sunfire SE Sedan, both were Ultra Silver Metallic) and the above listed modifications (with the exception of a few) were all done on my own Sunfires and I can tell you that no one ever said a negative thing about them because they were modded tastefully. I planned out what exactly I wanted to do, saved money to do it right the first time, etc. I have been a member here for over 10 years now and have seen a lot of bad looking Sunfires. Don't let yours fall into that category.

Just remember... ultimately it's your car and your decision as to what you want to and don't want to do to it. Good luck with your low mileage Sunfire regardless .

Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:34 PM
What i can tell u to do is be yourself if u have haters for u being u then oh well they dont have to look at the car everyday u do i have some off the wall cars and tasteless mods on here from many people but just because me or someone else dont like it doesnt mean that theres others out there like u that will.... Some people here dwell on negativity but all i can say is if u are really thinking about doin stuff to the car dont go cheap cause it will only hurt your back account in the long run i have made mistakes in the past and bought cheap and trust me i paid for it ..... U dont need to go spoilerless either i personally like these cars with a spoiler it gives em style i think, but like i said before just opinion....

Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:50 PM
@vibenvy thank you thats all i was asking for its only my seccond car and the first one worth doing stuff to i just wanted some stuff i could do and some more direction plus im starting school in a month and will be on a very limited budget

Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:54 PM
Tim yes thise are the clear sides u can see what my sunfire looks like further down under 03-05 sunfire pics i have done things to mine that not everyone agrees on but u have that.... the rksport hood looks alright for your year car along with the ground kits if u upgrade the suspension system u will eliminate a lot of body roll but DONT go cheap...
Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:50 PM
tim adams wrote:@vibenvy thank you thats all i was asking for its only my seccond car and the first one worth doing stuff to i just wanted some stuff i could do and some more direction plus im starting school in a month and will be on a very limited budget

these the clear side markers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EURO-CLEAR-SIDE-LIGHTS-FOR-SUNFIRE-FIREBIRD-TRANSAM-FORMULA-GT-/150827398214?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASunfire&hash=item231e037446&vxp= mtr

I'm glad to see you didn't get all upset by what I posted. I am not here to attack anyone about what they do or don't do to their car. I'm just here to give ideas, exaxmples, etc. and hopefully point someone in the right direction.

Yes, those are the clear side marker lights. They will work in place of the front and/or rear side marker lights on your Sunfire. I personally only put them on the front because the red ones on the rear match the red of the taillights nicely and having all four clear side marker lights was just a little too much IMO.

Also, FYI the part number for the 1995-1999 Sunfire GT clear front marker lights (the round amber ones in the front bumper) is: #5978215. You may be able to get lucky and find some in a junkyard, but chances are they'll be pretty crappy looking. I would recommend spending the extra money on a new set to ensure they are clear and nice looking. GMPartsCenter.net lists one light for $29.38 (the lights are interchangeable, meaning they will fit either side so be sure to order two). They charge an $8.95 handling fee, but offer free shipping. So, your total for a set of the clear front marker lights would be $67.71. Not too bad for something that will make a huge difference appearance-wise.

One other thing I forgot to mention in my first post is that you should put the side skirts back to normal. Being painted black just makes it look like you don't even have any side skirts. Assuming you used PlastiDip, I would recommend removing it and leaving them silver.

I thought I'd post a couple pictures of my former Sunfires to hopefully give you some inspiration for yours. Modifications and more information on them is listed in my registry.

My 2002 Ultra Silver Metallic Sunfire GT Coupe

My 2002 Ultra Silver Metallic Sunfire SE Sedan

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or anything. I look forward to seeing what you do with your Sunfire in the future !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search