my 02 sunfire - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my 02 sunfire
Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:47 PM
got a cool shot today by an old military tower that used to guard Boston harbor

Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:15 PM
I like the pic!

Is that tower open to the public?

Building it one piece at a time
Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:23 PM
It was until about 1-2 years ago cements going bad after all the years on it and they deemed it not safe

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:51 PM
Looks sick man I love these Phase II sunfires very few parts for custom lights (almost none) but I still love them yours looks very clean I'm digging the black 17's I'm look in at buying some Gunmetal 18 inch Fallen rims and lowering my 2000 Sunfire aka: Dart (as in the red tree dart frog my girl thought it up) but she's looking good man keep it up

2000 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L OHV
1993 GMC Suburban 5.7L TBI
Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:04 AM
thanks Johnathan i appreciate the comments i still got more to come just working on getting up the cash

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:55 PM
tim adams wrote:Still need mounts and do I need the like rubber cover for the stuts and shocks?

been following this thread and liking the way your going with your fire man, its coming along nicely.

as for the rubber cover I assume you mean the dust shield which covers the main piston in the strut? if so yes, swap out the dust covers and bump stops from the factory shocks and struts to you new ones. also dont forget to cut the bump stops to prevent bottoming out on them.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:05 PM
i need to buy ones i need to save my stock suspension and need it all together for a quick change over to the lowering set
i wanna know exactly what i need

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:29 AM
shocks/struts and springs (which you alredy have), strut mounts (oem equivlants will be fine, im running monroe mounts on my tokico hp blues with tein lowering springs) and the dust sheilds with bump stops

Friday, March 22, 2013 12:48 PM
Thank you any links o those would. Also be helpful

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:30 AM
oh and i also forgot you will need spring isolators for the front suspension. 2 upper and 2 lower (the lower ones located the spring on the perch)

just go to rockauto.com and go through the menu, you'll find everything you need aside from the dust sheilds and bump stops (they are universal on rock auto)

you will have to get the dust sheilds and bump stops from gm part direct or the dealer ship and there not cheap. from gm parts direct it works out to over $50 just for one dust sheild and bump stop combination

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:52 AM

Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:47 AM
Spitfire wrote:oh and i also forgot you will need spring isolators for the front suspension. 2 upper and 2 lower (the lower ones located the spring on the perch)

just go to rockauto.com and go through the menu, you'll find everything you need aside from the dust sheilds and bump stops (they are universal on rock auto)

you will have to get the dust sheilds and bump stops from gm part direct or the dealer ship and there not cheap. from gm parts direct it works out to over $50 just for one dust sheild and bump stop combination

the struts mounts are correct

Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:24 AM
sorry im new to this i just wanna make sure everythings right ,
so i wanna order the front and back mounts from there and find the gm dust sheilds somewhere eles? and thats everything i will need

Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:49 PM
yeah you can get the mounts from there and you can also get the spring isolators from rock auto too. you will need those

yeah the dust sheilds and bump stops you can check gmpartsdirect.com or your local gm dealer too see which is cheaper

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:21 PM
whats the spring isolators?

Sunday, May 05, 2013 6:07 AM
she is getting lowered today

Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:49 PM
she got lowered today with the kyb struts and shocks with the ebiach springs, also painted the drums black and oirdered new black slotted rotors and ebc brakes to go in next weekend

Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:34 PM
got any before and after pics with the new suspension on???? also if they use salt on the roads in your area be prepared to repaint your drums ever year lol. I know I've had to

Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:44 PM
Spitfire wrote:got any before and after pics with the new suspension on???? also if they use salt on the roads in your area be prepared to repaint your drums ever year lol. I know I've had to

Hahahaha up here the roads are salt! =]

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:47 PM
its pretty ,uch roads on salt up here and yeah pics will be up soon

Monday, May 06, 2013 12:07 AM

before and after

Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:44 PM
just ordered a carbon fiber hood and a new air intake that goes directly to the tb

Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:55 PM

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS (908)866-1882

Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:14 PM
Booo for no evil eye hood

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:09 PM
its been awhile so here is an update
i installed ebc brakes and slotted rotors
vis carbon fiber hood
new air intake
painted valve cover
also got 2 front seats from a newer cav (had a spring poking in my back on the old set)
and some newer pictures

engine bay

new hood

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search