Project Helen - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project Helen
Saturday, March 23, 2013 5:38 PM
If its gonna be a black intercooler you could always support breast cancer along with your rims and put a hot pink ribbon in the middle..about as big as a dinner plate..The black will make it pop for sure..Just a sugestion but the Cavy is looking great bro!!

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:31 PM
Small update*

So, I finally am getting the turbo situation figured out. I called the guy and he was really cool about everything, He said that he actually has an order of exhaust housing from some company and cannot get a hold of any one or get any tracking info on his order. So, I am not getting the garrett gtx sadly..going with a precision journal bearing turbo.

Also doing some other stuff in the mean time, such as this

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:42 AM
Nice!! I like that alot..That suks about the turbo man so what size Precision you gonna run?? Comming along great tho none the less!!
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:20 AM
Have you looked into Borg Warner turbos before? As far as journal bearing turbo go, they are above and beyond the best. They compete with Garret's ballbearing setups.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:15 AM
Thanks chip! I am going with the 55v from pureturbos.com. Probably the best customer service I have ever dealt with and no i have never looked into Borgs, I have heard good from the precisions and pretty good numbers from them. Either way i think she will do juat fine

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:27 PM
wtf is huligan?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:35 PM
hoonigan is the whole Ken block thing...

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:02 PM
Duh Brad. Lol

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:25 PM
I <3 Hooning.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:44 PM
damn huligans.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:20 PM
No no no. Completely different thing. Get with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:20 PM

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:48 AM
No Brad.... HOONigans.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:45 PM
Well, despite all the mishaps with the turbo, the garrett exhaust housing actually came in so yay for the gtx! Should be here at the end if the week!

Monday, April 08, 2013 6:19 PM
Well...was going to enlighten you guys with a couple small updates, but having technical difficulties. Stay tuned

Monday, April 08, 2013 6:45 PM
I finally got all my charge piping painted and got it all back on, good thing a labeled everything, it was a pain. I personally like the black pipes better. On with the pics.

Aaannnnddd, my turbo finally came.

Just need to get a manifold made and will be ready to go. Waiting on the flanges from cnc.

Also, what do you guys think of EBC's? I had one in the car when I got it and It was acting up so I took it out and put a manual one in. I did get it working again and wondered what you guys thoughts were. It is an HKS EVC-s.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:51 AM
Im a fan of my Hallman Pro Boost Controller. But I dont plan to change my boost level once its set. If you plan to boost by gear, or if you plan to be changing your boost all the time from high to low, then you might want to go back to electric.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:45 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:wtf is huligan?

A hoonigan is anyone who participates in driving recklessly, so it applies to everything, cars, bikes, boats, etc.

The term "hoon" is slang in Australia to drive aggressively or dangerously, they actually have a "anti-hooning" law in place to discourage people from doing just that.

Ken Block adapted the name for his racing division and it has been popular ever since.

And that kids, is your history lesson for today

Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:14 PM
Update coming soon.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:32 PM
Suspense started now.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:08 PM
Been quite over due for an update, and this one isn't really detail, but good none the less.

First was the solid motor mount from TurboTechRacing, and also got the solid tranny mounts.

And lookie here! Got the BC Coilovers, and couldnt love them more! They ride great.

aaaand my internet is acting up again and cannot upload any more pics. Will get to it soon.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:57 PM
Wow.....the updates!!!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:37 PM
It has been forever since an update! I Have a lot to share So grab a

First off, put the pink wheels on the DD for a short while, and a good thing too because I was driving around with a broken bolt on my lower control arm, and thought it was a wheel bearing so I didn't get to it right away and ate the tires up on the pink wheels!

Got clear bumper lights, look much better than stock.

AAANNNNNDDDD my new seats

And Headlight covers to keep my new headlights nice and clean

And tinted the ole winders

Cant forget the wheels!

These are for fun

And everything was going so well. The weather was good, car was driveable, getting compliments everywhere, then this happened......

I was just cruising down the hwy and some bitch made a lane change right into me and luckily I reacted fast enough to cause minimal damage. I thoguht my gf was going to kill the bitch...reallly ripped her a new asshole and it was awesome!

I used some lacquer thinner to remove the scuff marks being that I can't buff this paint and slapped a sticker over it

Took some pics of the car when we were getting our pictures professionally taken and surprised my gf with something....

And the great dyno day! This one went MUCH better than the last one. Was cheaper, no tire problems, no mechanical problems, and great numbers!

Loading up!

Time to roll out

Dyno time.....

And the successful trip back home!

And the numbers

Love washing her

Last car show of the season put on by I.C.E. (Iowa Car Enthusiasts)

AAAnnnnnndddddd.......just a little something that I have in the works

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:49 PM
Nice numbers! So you knew she was a keeper after she defended your car? Lol. Luckily that's a pretty forgiving color but it seems like you cleaned it up nicely.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:26 PM
Awesome updates. What was the car tuned? Boost level? The car looks clean.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:52 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Nice numbers! So you knew she was a keeper after she defended your car? Lol. Luckily that's a pretty forgiving color but it seems like you cleaned it up nicely.

Oh yes lol, and yes, it cleaned up nicely!

JUCNBST wrote:Awesome updates. What was the car tuned? Boost level? The car looks clean.

Thanks man, I had the car tuned at Excessive Autosports in Souix Falls, SD on HPT. The boost was 12psi for now. Having troubles with pulling too much timing to make the knock sensor happy upwards from here. Tuned on 91. I Have a meth kit that needs hooked up and some other plans for this season, hoping I can turn the bitch up. Then If she blows, Ill have a reason to rebuild it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search