The Purple People Eater...Hide Your Vettes. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Purple People Eater...Hide Your Vettes.
Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:31 AM
Hello fellow JBO people,

Well I started up the old girl the other day after its winter hibernation, and its running like a champ.

For those who remember I pressurized the heck out of my crank case right before I put the car away for the winter, a frozen check valve on my exhaust evac setup seemed to be the culprit.

I was worried that I would have some oil leak issues when I took it out, but I am happy to report that so far I have seen no oil drips on the ground....so good news...it looks like the crank seals didn't move.

Not much on the table for this year, but this is the short list of things that need to get done:

- Remount intercooler (the hahn brackets suck @!#$ and it sags pretty bad)
- Install Tercel washer bottle (no washer bottle is annoying)
- Install new TB to charge pipe coupler (currently its blue and that bugs me, so I bought a black one)
- Install gasket for the V-band adapter on my turbo (been running it without one)
- Install boost controller
- Turn the boost up to 15-16psi
- Hit 400whp
- ?????
- Troll vettes.

That's basically it, if I feel like spending some money I might order a set of diamond racing wheels so I can run drag radials on the front and skinnies on the back on the street.

Here is a picture of how it currently sits, taken behind my office...because I basically live here.

That's it for now.

Re: The Purple People Eater...Hide Your Vettes.
Thursday, April 04, 2013 12:59 PM
Troll Vettes! LMAO

Love it man.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:05 PM
newt wrote:- Troll vettes.

ftw, lol. Glad to hear you didn't run into any seal problems!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:29 PM
Trolling sport cars makes my life complete.

My buddy should be picking up a '01 Viper GTS this month, I've been relentlessly talking @!#$ since I found out

Some good videos coming this year boys....some good videos indeed.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:00 PM
This check valve was not OEM correct? Some sort of catch can with a check valve? I ask because I thought I was seeing presssure in my crankcase, and blew out the casting plug in the oil pan.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:09 PM
Oh so gay and perfect!

Can't wait for the videos!

Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:49 PM
Rather than a normal coupler, I need a cobrahead-style with a flat top so my hood will close. Right now, just the elbow is preventing full closure. It'll click, but not shut all the way down.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, April 05, 2013 9:41 AM
Jason - It was not a factory check valve that froze, it was the check valve for my exhaust evac setup (routes the crankcase into the exhaust).

Evan - I think you might of posted that in the wrong thread..lol

Friday, April 05, 2013 10:05 AM
No under the hood pics?? Thats like going to a strip club and they show no tittaaaays lol.!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, April 05, 2013 10:45 AM
I posted them in my build thread from last year....but here is one of how it sits, just need to replace that blue coupler.

Here are some bonus pics from drag racing last year a good friend of mine took (yes that's my skinny ass in the lime green faders)

Friday, April 05, 2013 10:57 AM
Skinny guys unite.

Friday, April 05, 2013 11:14 AM
Weight Reduction.

...now you guys know my secret to running low 13's on the motor LOL

Saturday, April 06, 2013 10:21 AM
Cool David Blane floating off the ground trick lol. Are you doing all your own HPTuning or do you have help from others in your area like Chris (sweetnessGT)? I only ask because i know i will need some hella help when i finally get my stuff running, and if you know your way around an LD9 reflash, i could use some serious help if you'd be willing. Obviously i wouldn't expect any help for free, so being handsomly rewarded with hookers and blow is a must....or..ya know, money, if that's more your style lol. I'm in Kitchener, so it would be a journey here...you're in the Hammer if i'm not mistaken?

If you'd rather not touch my ECU, no harm done, I understand i'm a stranger haha

Saturday, April 06, 2013 3:37 PM
lol you could have trolled vettes n/a

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:04 AM
Thrice . wrote:Cool David Blane floating off the ground trick lol. Are you doing all your own HPTuning or do you have help from others in your area like Chris (sweetnessGT)? I only ask because i know i will need some hella help when i finally get my stuff running, and if you know your way around an LD9 reflash, i could use some serious help if you'd be willing. Obviously i wouldn't expect any help for free, so being handsomly rewarded with hookers and blow is a must....or..ya know, money, if that's more your style lol. I'm in Kitchener, so it would be a journey here...you're in the Hammer if i'm not mistaken?

If you'd rather not touch my ECU, no harm done, I understand i'm a stranger haha

I'm doing the tuning all myself with helpfully guidance from members on here like oldskool.

I'm in Sudbury, not the Hammer, and I have also never touched the LD9 reflash before. My setup is a bit weird too since im running the Hahn portfuler for all of my boost fueling and a hacked up version of my old all-motor tune on the factory ECU for out of boost fuel and spark.

That all being said, I can lend a hand if I can, but I really wouldn't feel comfortable tuning someone elses car, if I @!#$ up and blow my own @!#$ up thats one thing, if I blow someone elses car up thats a whole other thing......sorry man. Hit me up for any information tho.

Took a little video with my buddies JVC action cam the other night, the audio blows dick, but its kinda cool.

2nd and 3rd gear pull, so like 35mph to 90mph??? something like that.

Still on 6psi, 10:1 AFR and almost no timing advance.

Enjoy.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 1:55 AM
Nah, I was just sharing my coupler woes. At least yours is just a color problem, mine actually causes a functionality issue. Either way, I love what you have going on here. I hope mine gets done soon, but time and money will tell.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, April 07, 2013 2:53 PM
Oh haha ok.

WTH??!!?! I finally post a video and no one cares...

brb....I'm gonna head to the garage and stance my car and powder coat something teal...I'll post back with pictures LOL

Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:09 PM
Curious as to why the Tach is angled the way it is? Not hating, just have never seen that done before. Also, seems like no one cares unless it's 20+psi and 400hp lol. What were you using to capture the video? Better audio is needed for sure. Other than that..i mean...I'm jealous it's a car that runs? haha.

And no harm done, I understand not wanting to blow up others stuff. When the time comes i'll be sure to have loads of questions on fueling tables.

Oh,1 more question, how do you deal with passing Emissions with the new OBD and sniffer tests? Lookin good!

Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:12 PM
He is WAY north, so no etest is required. But if it was, he would be happy since the sniffer test is now extinct.

Dave, I love this car and when u decide to sell, let me know.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:52 PM
Thrice - The Tach is angled cause it mimics the factory Sunfire tach, I wanted the redline at close to as vertical as possible...just makes it easier for me to read when drag racing. Personal preference I guess.

We don't have any emissions testing up here in Sudbury, I think it only goes as far north as Barrie? Either way, no etest required up here ever, which is good since my Cat and EVAP stuff is in my shed...lol

It will be 400whp soon enough, probably only sitting at 260-280whp at the moment, starting with a motor that makes 200whp instead of 120whp helps loads when it comes to adding a turbo. I figure 14-15psi should be damn close to 400whp.

It was shot on that new JVC action cam (gopro clone for lack of a better description), the audio does suck hard. Everything in my car vibrates so much its hard to find a place to get good audio, for that video I had my buddies suction cup rig on the drivers window.

The same guy I borrowed the JVC from has a Drift action cam as well, with an external "shotgun" mic I think its called. Its purpose made to record audio from things with motors, probably stick that under the hood and have the cam in the car....the audio quality is awesome on that thing. I'll get another video soon enough, probably after I turn the boost up.

Darren - Thanks man! Not sure if/when I'll ever sell it...but in a year or so when C6 Z06 prices come down a bit I'm sure it will have a for sale sign in the window..lol

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:53 AM
OK, so after much delay I finally got this thing in the garage...running out of time before race season starts.

Didn't get as much done as I would like...but I got the intercooler sagging issue fixed up and found my boost leak and got my washer fluid tank installed.

This is the before I fixed the intercooler...you can see how badly the intercooler sags down thanks to the some terribly designed Hahn intercooler brackets.

So I welded a bracket on to support the weight, first time ever welding aluminum so its not to pretty but its strong. (Looking back I had the heat turned up to high)

Installed.

A fresh coat of black, painted some rust at the same time...and my buddy added some profanity...lol

This was my boost leak issue, rubbed the coupler on the ground a few times...wore straight through.

No pics of the washer tank....but its just the stander Toyota Corrola one.

Back in the shop tonight to deal with my low charge pipe issue and hopefully knock out a few other things.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:54 AM
Edit: Toyota Tercel washer tank....not Corrola.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:21 AM
Wow that really DID sag.

Not a bad job welding considering that is fairly thin aluminum! It's not like you meatballed the living hell out of it.

Where did you get the Tercel tank? Did it come with the pump and pigtail? I need to source those parts.. lol.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:10 AM
The Tercel washer tank I bought off RockAuto.com, I think it was like $30-40 bucks...I honestly don't remember I bought it last fall.

It did come with the Motor and I could of sworn it came with the pigtail as well, however I can't seem to find the pig tail...its not the box anymore. So either I lost it or I was high on something when I opened the box last fall and thought I saw it...LOL

Its nice though, I reused an existing mounting location and then just used a self tapper on the other end to secure it.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:45 AM
i love the color of this car..burgundy has always sort of had this subtle sportiness but also an elegant look to it as well. and with a black IC that car is a sleeper for sure!
what times are you expecting with the 400whp goal? and are you going to remain on the stock axle/front end?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search