Elizabeth...the new project - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Elizabeth...the new project
Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:43 AM
Z24Sunfire wrote:Also is there am explanation as to why my ttr upper mount bushing sliding out and making the two metal pieces scrape against each other?

actually a pretty well known problem. idk if there is a solution, but I know there's a big post about it on JBO someplace

Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:07 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:
Z24Sunfire wrote:Also is there am explanation as to why my ttr upper mount bushing sliding out and making the two metal pieces scrape against each other?

actually a pretty well known problem. idk if there is a solution, but I know there's a big post about it on JBO someplace

Common problem. their solution is to get a replacement bushing and wait for it to happen again.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 7:51 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:

Best solution is to sell it and buy a RK sport upper mount.
Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:17 AM
the ttr bushings are real soft is why. they use this extremely soft almost rubber like stuff. i dont know how it even provides a stiffer mount solution over stock honestly.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:57 AM
^^Yah...TTR claims its the same stiffness as other companies poly but ive had both companies poly trans mounts in my hand and TTR just feels super soft. Im surprised nobody has looked at using Derlin to replace them.
Sunday, June 02, 2013 2:09 PM
I was thinking it was a common issue. Makes an annoying squeak at idle but still works well. Thanks for the input
Monday, June 03, 2013 7:07 PM
Well finally got someone who could get my tire to bead up! And I'm rocking srt's again

Friday, June 14, 2013 10:30 PM
took some pics today!

Picked up a 2.3 head also for $30...also came with a water neck

A little bit of cleaning:

Saturday, June 15, 2013 8:03 AM
Dude.... didn't know you were from Zanesville. I'm 20 minutes away in Coshocton.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:39 PM
Lol yeah bro. Well have to hang out!
Monday, June 17, 2013 1:44 PM
Roofy wrote:Dude.... didn't know you were from Zanesville. I'm 20 minutes away in Coshocton.

i didn't realize you were in coshocton, i used to live in west lafayette.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 1:32 PM
Decided to take a burnout vid! My cav and my brothers 2.2. The other gold in back is my brothers friend. If you listen you can hear my second gear grind
cav burnout!
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:24 AM
Well After driving a car with a knocking engine (believe it was a wrist pin...ran knocking for roughly 7 months and saw 6500 rpm at almost every stoplight), I decided to rebuild one of my spare blocks and experiment with a 2.3L head. Put it together and let it idle and ran fine. Let it idle for roughly 20 minutes to check the temps and such then took it down the road and cranked to roughly 4k rpm. Pulled really good and so I took it back down and sure enough my luck would have it, it starts knocking...needless to say i was disappointed and decided to run it at higher rpm's.
Did a 6k rpm pull and the power above 4k rpm was amazing. i had the secret cam swap. It pulled really well and I wish it would have held but by the time I got back to the house. Anyways pulled up to the garage and the car sputtered and smoked. Popped the hood and smoke was coming from the PCV and intake mani...followed by oil from the intake. so i have a bent valve and a handful of metal from the intake manifold which appears to be piston material.

Now i went to the local PNP yard and got a stock 2.4...might wait to try the 2.3 head again but it was interesting. thats all the updates for now
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 1:08 PM
So got some new wheels today! Traded my SRT-4 neons wheels for some TSW's I love the look and stance with no spacers at all!

Can't wait to get coilovers. Get it a little lower. Add some camber. Going to have to get some stretch on the fronts so I'm thinking 215/40's instead of the current 235/45's. no sure on wheel width but I'm thinking somewhere like 8.5".
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 1:32 PM
New rims look great!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 4:07 PM
Better roll those fenders. They look pretty close to eating your sidewalls in the back.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:42 PM
Yeah I need to locate someone with a roller! The fronts are bad too. I just kinda tugged at the fender
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:10 PM
You dont need a roller. I used a heat gun and a baseball bat. I've seen people do it with a phonebook too!

YouTube has tons of how-to's.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:29 PM
What on earth is this car dropped with? From the sounds of it they are not coilovers, so I am curious.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:32 AM
Baseball bat it is! Lol
And they are cut lowering springs I hate to say. Very bouncy. Kinda like a brick on top of a waterbed. First it's solid then it's bouncy. I'm used to it anymore
Thursday, September 05, 2013 6:59 AM
Z24Sunfire wrote:And they are cut lowering springs I hate to say.
Good fucking lord.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:00 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Z24Sunfire wrote:And they are cut lowering springs I hate to say.
Good fucking lord.

Been that way for about a year now
Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:52 PM
Inb4soapbox.

Friday, September 06, 2013 3:32 AM
Lol it'll be nothing I haven't read already. Yes I know they don't function as planned. Yes I know it's dangerous.
I don't care. I've grown used to it. It's low and corners well. I haven't flipped it or died. That is all
Friday, September 06, 2013 5:40 AM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search